BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Mexican GP - Mexico City (Oct 27)

10-28-2019, 03:01 AM   #177
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
He will never win a championship with that attitude & driving style.
That is so true....you'd think that after all these years in F1 he would figured out that pass or crash is rarely the best way to win races or championships.
And he definitely needs to stop taking validation and advice from his father....same as Hamilton did back in the day.
Lastly you have to wonder what goes on in the kids head: "I think we know what we are doing, otherwise we wouldn't be driving an F1 car,"
What sort of idiocy is that....if there was oil on the track, "knowing what he is doing" isn't going to stop him crashing in the same way as Bottas.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 10-28-2019 at 04:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-28-2019, 04:11 AM   #178
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
You guys with your noses so far up Crashstappen’s asshole really crack me up.

Listen for once instead of constantly making excuses for your ‘Superhero’s’ mistakes:

The team principle of Red Bull Racing; Christian Horner, who is Mad Max’s boss said that the racing incident was unavoidable when Lewis had the “tank slapper”; (look it up) in the middle of the corner.

What he didn’t say, but is obvious for anyone with a brain to see who isn’t so biased that they piss bright Orange, is that if Maxie Boy had left Hamilton a little room, instead of as he always does which is try and drive someone off the track surface, they wouldn’t have touched!

Further, Mad Max further effed up his race by trying to slam the ‘door’ on Bottas, resulting in Bottas’ front wing slicing Max’s rear tyre.

Maxie has a ton of talent, perhaps more than anyone else currently driving, but his temperament and bad Sportsmanship is going to prevent him from having a career like Schumacher or Hamilton. He’s his worst own enemy, and those of you who adore him are doing him no favours by making excuses and blaming others, who are also entitled to share the track surface remember, every time he effs up.

Bish
Well put. Max made several errors, which I reckon cost him a certain victory.

It all started with him ignoring the yellow flags when Bottas crashed. He is a very gifted driver, maybe the best of all current drivers. BUT, he need to use his head a bit more and start taking responsibility for his actions.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 04:28 AM   #179
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
...and a well aimed tyre cut from Bottas to complete the Max hammering.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2019, 05:49 AM   #180
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
I think everyone should watch the albon onboard of the race start to see what actually happened with Max and Lewis. Might clear things up a bit. Some of the commentors will have to put their foot in their mouth...
According RB Albon : *Meanwhile everyone knows *silver cars* never get penalties*

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-28-2019, 05:59 AM   #181
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The best...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #182
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:

Listen for once instead of constantly making excuses for your ‘Superhero’s’ mistakes:

The team principle of Red Bull Racing; Christian Horner, who is Mad Max’s boss said that the racing incident was unavoidable when Lewis had the “tank slapper”; (look it up) in the middle of the corner.

What he didn’t say, but is obvious for anyone with a brain to see who isn’t so biased that they piss bright Orange, is that if Maxie Boy had left Hamilton a little room, instead of as he always does which is try and drive someone off the track surface, they wouldn’t have touched!

Further, Mad Max further effed up his race by trying to slam the ‘door’ on Bottas, resulting in Bottas’ front wing slicing Max’s rear tyre.

Maxie has a ton of talent, perhaps more than anyone else currently driving, but his temperament and bad Sportsmanship is going to prevent him from having a career like Schumacher or Hamilton. He’s his worst own enemy, and those of you who adore him are doing him no favours by making excuses and blaming others, who are also entitled to share the track surface remember, every time he effs up.

Bish
Agreed. This weekend was a disaster. And it's not like he is a rookie anymore.
To win you have stay out of trouble.
MKSixer34171.50
wdb4673.00
      10-28-2019, 06:17 AM   #183
Infamus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

Bish

Fact! he has a boat load of talent but he needs to learn to THINK...

As far as LH haters are going to hate.

The red pony once again killed any chance they had of a win, simple like that.

LH is the master of tire management ,put that in your pipe and smoke it. Like it or not he is on his way to being GOAT...

COTA next stop WOOT!!!!
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
jkoral1016.00
      10-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #184
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

HAM is not only the best this season he is also the luckiest driver in the world.

VER need to stop putting his elbows out so far and be patient. His move on Leclerc in Austria should've been penalized but the stewards are too much of pussies to do it in front of the oranje army and on the RedBull ring. And he better learn to respect the rules that are there to protect the safety of everyone on the track.

LEC should learn from VET that not everything Ferrari "strategists" tell him he has to do because they're morons!
I believe VET was more the victim of bad Ferrari strategy than LEC because he nursed his mediums so he can be on a one stop but the morons had no data on how long the hards will go and that took all his advantage away from him.

VET is learning to stay out of trouble and in the modern F1 ot looks like that's the way to go because adventurous driving kills the tires and any bodywork damage kills efficiency.

And for fucks sake Ferrari. Mercedes never allocates the same amount of tires for HAM and BOT so the can practice on all compounds and collect more data. But the morons at Ferrari didn't do long runs on hards so they didn't have data which lead to a lost 1-2! They have an experienced driver and a very motivated driver and they are wasting both their talents!
Appreciate 1
Ngilbe361618.50
      10-28-2019, 07:33 AM   #185
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Good morning.
Hamilton is the moving chicane that just gets in the way now.He's all but won the championship and enjoys nothing better than ruining other peoples races.
No traction control allowed remember hence the back end came out a little on the RB and took a gram of carbon off the edge, what a disaster for Ham. He took displeasure to that and forced Max off the track. Total arrogance from Hamilton.
Max awarded Driver of the Day with his stonking come back with his race ruined by Hamilton.
Yes Brundle did indeed say that Max gave him a little shove but said nothing of what happened next.
If he is the best driver ever, why did the back end come out? A few grams? It took about a foot of the leading edge of the side of the floor out...the part that smooths the edge before it goes under the car. But keep up with this narrative to make yourself feel better.

C'mon. Max is an AMAZING driver but since Hungary and Germany he is believing his own press and thinking that he is Hamilton's equal or better. He isn't on either account. Talent without accomplishment is simply potential. Max has great potential because his driving ability is in the top 1 or 2 percent of F1 drivers. This is not enough. His fans, his family, and the Dutch press are doing him a complete disservice. He messed up massively this weekend. Massively.

His problem right now is between his ears and it's a damn shame. He has the POTENTIAL to be one of the best ever. The Potential. Right now, he isn't. He doesn't know when to back off. He doesn't know when to let the race come to him. He doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. This is his 5th year in F1 and since the summer he is on a string of incidents that has damaged his races as well as other drivers. Stop voting for him as driver of the day if you are truly his fan and want to see him improve. As long as everyone is blowing sunshine up his ass, he won't get better. And for him to get better he has to get what is between his ears straight. Right now it's hash.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 10-28-2019 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 07:47 AM   #186
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
If he is the best driver ever, why did the back end come out? A few grams? It took about a foot of the leading edge of the side of the floor out...the part that smooths the edge before it goes under the car. But keep up with this narrative to make yourself feel better.

C'mon. Max is an AMAZING driver but since Hungary and Germany he is believing his own press and thinking that he is Hamilton's equal or better. He isn't on either account. Talent without accomplishment is simply potential. Max has great potential because his driving ability is in the top 1 or 2 percent of F1 drivers. This is not enough. His fans, his family, and the Dutch press are doing him a complete disservice. He messed up massively this weekend. Massively.

His problem right now is between his ears and it's a damn shame. He has the POTENTIAL to be one of the best ever. The Potential. Right now, he isn't. He doesn't know when to back off. He doesn't know when to let the race come to him. He doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. This is his 5th year in F1 and since the summer he is on a string of incidents that has damaged his races as well as other drivers. Stop voting for him as driver of the day if you are truly his fan and want to see him improve. As long as everyone is blowing sunshine up his ass, he won't get better. And for him to get better he has to get what is between his ears straight. Right now it's hash.
Indeed...its also interesting that some drivers are now giving Verstappen some payback for his overly aggressive driving (most recently Leclerc and Hamilton). I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #187
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Indeed...its also interesting that some drivers are now giving Verstappen some payback for his overly aggressive driving (most recently Leclerc and Hamilton). I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.
Exactly.

Watch the post race press conference with VET, HAM and BOT discussing VERs driving and what they do because of his recklessness. These are his colleagues and they adjust their driving around him.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #188
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
In T1 Lewis steered in to MAX . And touched him 2-3 times . Further investigation is not required ?!?!
Sorry mate, Max cause that. Same with the flat tire, his fault again for not leaving room coming across someones front wing.

Again the Mercs pull out great results with a slower car, and the Ferraris fucking up yet again. Hate on the mercs but they get the job done even with the lesser car, they are just a better team, period. If Max or Ferrari had their shit together Merc's wouldn't have finished where they did.

Quote:
According RB Albon : *Meanwhile everyone knows *silver cars* never get penalties*
If you are referring to Quali, Max clearly passed a Yellow flag, LH was right behind and no Yellow flags were out as yet because the incident just happened, he also did hesitate/slow as he didn't improve on his time whereas Max did after clearly ignoring a flag.

Last edited by tdott; 10-28-2019 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
shay2nak1070.00
      10-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #189
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

Instead of the Ferrari International Assistance that was commonly referred to by some I now see a new saying taking prevalence,MIA:Merc International Assistance.
If it was a well known storyline from a certain James Bond film then Hamilton would be saying ''I expect you to yield Mr.Max''.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2019, 09:14 AM   #190
msk340i
Major
Rep

Another VER "moment" that was left overlooked is what he did with MAG pushing him then going offtrack.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #191
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Instead of the Ferrari International Assistance that was commonly referred to by some I now see a new saying taking prevalence,MIA:Merc International Assistance.
If it was a well known storyline from a certain James Bond film then Hamilton would be saying ''I expect you to yield Mr.Max''.
His colleagues.

https://www.sportvideos.tv/lewis-val...ZTsVp4VE13Gxcs
Appreciate 2
fanatic11018.50
jkoral1016.00
      10-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #192
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

VER's dangerous reputation....

Quote:
How very telling that BOT, HAM and VET unanimously agree that VER is a danger.
shay2nak1070.00
jkoral1016.00
      10-28-2019, 10:17 AM   #193
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
How very telling that BOT, HAM and VET unanimously agree that VER is a danger.
It is.

You have spent enough time on the track to know who is a danger just as I have. There are people that I simply don't drive near. Period, end of story.

In Formula One, Max has developed into one of these because he believes his own press and those around him are doing him a disservice by not holding him accountable.

By doing this they are depriving the sport of a great driver.

Right now his is a Gilles Villeneuve in performance (but not character). Great driver, amazing car control but not putting it all together to win championships though I truly believe Gilles would have done it in 1982 and beyond had he not been killed.
Appreciate 2
fanatic11018.50
jkoral1016.00
      10-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #194
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I am not.

It's because of the new approach stewards have to aggressive hard racing. Previously drivers would have received penalties or been black flagged. The exact same racing Verstappen brought to F1. And when the other drivers complained, he said it is the way racing is supposed to be.

Now he is on the receiving end more often than not. Simply due to him being overly robust early on in his career, he has made himself a target now for others.

Payback is a .........
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-28-2019, 02:39 PM   #195
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
This whole thread with all the nonsense and all the others should be called “VER Propaganda Machine”

Last time it was fuck LEC
This week it’s fuck HAM
Next time it will be fuck whoever mad max crashes into
Agreed some real bias and hate.
Some need to learn how to appreciate good racing from all sides. Without being blinded.
But I guess that is what happens when you choose to support a team/driver unconditionally, which I do not believe in.
Appreciate 1
jkoral1016.00
      10-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #196
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I feel sorry for Leclerc and Albon...they both got screwed with bad strategy calls.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #197
msk340i
Major
Rep

So VER's weekend was,:
1) "what the duck is he doing?" About Vettel when he was trying to get by just like VER himself was trying to do.
2) ignoring yellow flags and endangering BOT and bullishly boasting about it.
3) running HAM wide and colliding with him.
4) overtaking BOT in the stadium which puts 2 cars 2 meters wide on a tight hairpin.
5) Getting a puncture then driving across the grass collecting Perez's wing with him.
6) pushing MAG then leaving the track to overtake him.

Did I miss anything? You can be talented but it looks like you can be shit and talented at the same time. All of the above is a result of arrogance and self-entitlement. The morons at RB are feeding him with this bullshit that drove RIC out of RB and if they want to win championships again they better discipline him or look somewhere else.

As a Vettel fan I'm just happy you guys stopped shitting on him 😂

Last edited by msk340i; 10-28-2019 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2690.00
      10-28-2019, 08:02 PM   #198
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

After a busy workday I was reading the last 2 pages (BS) carefully .

For you guys a blast from the pole lap !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 10-28-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58899.00