BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Pre-LCI spoilers and rear diffusers on LCI?

10-10-2020, 12:03 AM   #1
tacocat135
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 440i, '21 M550i, '24 M4Cx

Pre-LCI spoilers and rear diffusers on LCI?

Got a custom build 2021 M550i about to start production and I'm already planning on some exterior mods while I wait for delivery... Do you guys know if pre-LCI spoilers and/or rear diffusers will fit the LCI? I'm assuming the trunk hasn't changed but the new stock diffuser is certainly different and was wondering if the diffuser shape and attachments are the same. Any LCI owners make any swaps yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Max_M
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 40D and BMW 530i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocat135 View Post
Got a custom build 2021 M550i about to start production and I'm already planning on some exterior mods while I wait for delivery... Do you guys know if pre-LCI spoilers and/or rear diffusers will fit the LCI? I'm assuming the trunk hasn't changed but the new stock diffuser is certainly different and was wondering if the diffuser shape and attachments are the same. Any LCI owners make any swaps yet?
I had a pre-LCI on order with M performance front splitter, CF mirror caps and a couple of other cosmetic enhancement. Due to COVID they cancelled all customer orders and they now deliver the LCI model to (in fact next week). However the Product Genius informed me that the car will be delivered excluding the M Performance parts as they are not available yet (so I assume they are different), except for the CF mirror caps....
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_M View Post
I had a pre-LCI on order with M performance front splitter, CF mirror caps and a couple of other cosmetic enhancement. Due to COVID they cancelled all customer orders and they now deliver the LCI model to (in fact next week). However the Product Genius informed me that the car will be delivered excluding the M Performance parts as they are not available yet (so I assume they are different), except for the CF mirror caps....
Seems CF mirror caps AND rear spoiler. I tried to add caps, spoiler, and diffuser to my build. The diffuser was not able to be added, though they are looking into it. The mirror caps and spoiler were added.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #4
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/1...--CARBON-FIBER

I wonder what this is though, it's not a diffuser, but a 'finisher'?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #5
brokeboi
Private
Rep
Drives: F90

Judging by the pictures of pre-lci and lci, it seems like it should fit. I would be more worried about ordering any parts for the front of the car.

For comparison, AC Schnitzer's rear diffuser and spoiler on pre-lci and lci seems to be exactly the same.

Don't take my word for it though. Make sure to order from a dealer that accepts returns if they can't verify wether it will fit or not.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0