BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Hired a online coach

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #23
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
GOLFFRR, I happened upon your thread for reasons you can probably guess, and could not help but read your original post. I am curious what it is that makes you feel you need to gain weight? I ask because I too am very slender but I don't feel compelled to change my physique at all. And to be clear, I'm not questioning your decision to pursue weight gain, I am just genuinely curious, that's all.

I don't want to be the guy to douche this thread up by posting #s, so I won't. Hopefully I don't douche it up worse by trying to avoid that though. (Like you, I typically don't share a lot of personal detail about myself on BimmerPost)

In my case I am reasonably tall (noticeably over 6'), have pretty low body fat (no visible body fat), and currently weigh considerably less than those who would perhaps be seen as the stereotypical athlete of my height would weigh. By stereotypical, I mean like a fitness model you'd see in a Nike clothing ad. In fact, I probably weigh a good 15%-20% less than a college basketball forward or college football wide receiver would weigh in at. I use college rather than pro because obviously the pro guys have ridiculous amounts of money spent on their fitness and physique so they are the exception. Even college athletes have insane resources at their disposal too, but I think there are other factors like time (time to dedicate, time in program, time spent so far on the planet for that matter) that limit things. Just my personal SWAG-ish way of measuring. Another data point - and maybe easier to relate to - when I watch American Ninja Warrior (because how can you not? ), I am typically about 10 lbs. less than the lightest (read: the ones who have a chance at winning ) guys at my height.

For more background, my athletic activity consists of triathlons (Olympic distance or less - not an IRONMAN guy and have no desire to be), all the necessary training for those, yoga (because flexiblity and balance had become major limiters of performance at my age), Orangetheory Fitness, and other things like the occasional visit to the climbing wall or even Crossfit gym.

I have no illusions that I am Superman, but I am not afraid to say that I see myself as being in peak physical shape with a very balanced physique. Sure, I could probably stand to put on more muscle, but then it would probably only slow me down. Furthermore, I don't feel like I am currently limited by lack of muscle mass. Quite the opposite in fact. Plus, I have a very small waist size for my height, so in many ways I think of myself as a 5'8" guy who just happens to have some extra length. In other words, If you take a guy that size who is fit and has what most would see as very healthy muscle mass, and simply add some length to his arms, legs, torso without upsizing other dimensions, that's what I think of myself as.

Just throwing out my thoughts, hoping to offer a different perspective. No matter what your goals, for me its just good to hear that others treat their bodies well and understand the importance of physical fitness.

Take care.
I have always been tall and skinny since high school. I was also very picky eater. Every where I went people would say the same thing when it came to classifying me. You know the tall skinny kid/guy. It was annoying tbh. 6'2" 160-165 range IMO is way too skinny. I tried everything from eating a ton a food (so I thought) and working out etc.. nothing changed. I guess for me I just wanted to gain weight to be normal.

I hired Nic and with his guidance I was easily hitting goals that I had always wanted to obtain. I will never forget when I started the bulk phase and I saw that scale read 170 it was mind blowing for me, then it hit 180, then 190. Walking around I was getting a lot of attention in a good way that it was very rewarding. Its hard to explain I guess but for me it was nice to not hear people say wow you are so skinny. Once I got to 195 plus Nic thought it was best for me to cut away some of the fat that I had gained. Thats the process of where I am at now. For me I need the guidance of a trainer/ nutritionist to obtain my goals. I know a lot of guys like myself who hate being skinny and want to put a little size on themselves and find it super difficult to do so. I just wanted to share my experience with this trainer just incase any of those men or woman want to change their body either in gaining or losing.

Everyone has different goals. I will say though in closing this has def changed everything for me when it comes to eating thats for sure.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #24
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
5460
Rep
18,444
Posts

Drives: No BMW for now
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Awesome, GOLFFRR. Sounds like we are pretty similar in size and body type.

I've done that routine before myself - put on significant weight, cut fat, net some muscle, but I've found it to only be sustainable for a short time. When I get back to serious triathlon training and really target a low body fat percentage, the muscle mass just naturally goes down as well. Never tried it with a coach before though, so your post has definitely taught me something that I'll keep in mind if my goals change in the future.

Be sure to post again when you reach you body fat percentage goals - I am very curious to know how it goes for you. Good luck with it all!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      05-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #25
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Awesome, GOLFFRR. Sounds like we are pretty similar in size and body type.

I've done that routine before myself - put on significant weight, cut fat, net some muscle, but I've found it to only be sustainable for a short time. When I get back to serious triathlon training and really target a low body fat percentage, the muscle mass just naturally goes down as well. Never tried it with a coach before though, so your post has definitely taught me something that I'll keep in mind if my goals change in the future.

Be sure to post again when you reach you body fat percentage goals - I am very curious to know how it goes for you. Good luck with it all!
Triathlons are insane you my friend are amongst a very small percentage who can hang in those mad props but like you said you burn so many calories you would have to be in such a surplus to sustain I can only imagine! Mad props to you tho

I play golf everyday so it's a little easier for me to sustain, so far.
Def will keep you posted I'm on my last week of cut now. I had a dexiscan done last week and I was 9% at 181.3lbs so pretty lean. Prob net 5-6 pounds of muscle when I done which seems to be pretty good.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 1
mkoesel5459.50

      05-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #26
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1079
Rep
580
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
They have a model of 5lbs of fat at the gym. Every time I leave, I'm sure to "pet" it, so it gets used to being left there at the gym.


Somehow, it keeps finding its way home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
its crazy what 5lbs of fat actually looks like right!
Thanks for helping me do some research.




Wow! I have some weight to lose!

Ok - time to go to the gym haha bye!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      05-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #27
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Thanks for helping me do some research.




Wow! I have some weight to lose!

Ok - time to go to the gym haha bye!
thats what 5 pounds of fat looks like?! wow thats insane wasn't expecting that
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1078.50

      05-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #28
Sixtydashone
Second Lieutenant
Sixtydashone's Avatar
105
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

I am a cpt who does mostly online coaching, because, much like most online coaches, I have a day job and I rather use as much information from the client to crunch all the data and make changes as you go.

Im glad to hear that you are enjoying your success.. I also believe that the success comes only to those who genuinely try.. I tend to get a lot of clients who are looking for weightloss, and Most people nowadays don't want to stick with it. I myself have had a 200+ lb weightloss so I understand the ebbs and tides of the dieting/lifestyle gamut

Keep up the great work and if anybody has any questions, id be glad to help!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      05-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #29
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtydashone View Post
I am a cpt who does mostly online coaching, because, much like most online coaches, I have a day job and I rather use as much information from the client to crunch all the data and make changes as you go.

Im glad to hear that you are enjoying your success.. I also believe that the success comes only to those who genuinely try.. I tend to get a lot of clients who are looking for weightloss, and Most people nowadays don't want to stick with it. I myself have had a 200+ lb weightloss so I understand the ebbs and tides of the dieting/lifestyle gamut

Keep up the great work and if anybody has any questions, id be glad to help!
def agree you have to put in the time and effort if you want the results. I followed everything exactly to a T since the start. Proud of myself throughout all that time I didn't waver or cheat once. Congrats on your weight loss. 200 pounds wow
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #30
Sixtydashone
Second Lieutenant
Sixtydashone's Avatar
105
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
def agree you have to put in the time and effort if you want the results. I followed everything exactly to a T since the start. Proud of myself throughout all that time I didn't waver or cheat once. Congrats on your weight loss. 200 pounds wow
thank you my friend.. its definitely been eye opening..

and props for being honest with yourself! that's the way to get results sir!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      05-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #31
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8118
Rep
7,533
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

And for those of us honest enough to know we WILL cheat, regularly??? I'm teetering on the end of the rope of just saying "FUCK IT" I'll be fat(er) and just enjoy eating lots of everything I enjoy.

I can feel the depression this week. I clipped the back of my heel pulling a wheelbarrow backwards on Sunday, so couldn't do my running this week. Which lead to blowing off the gym too. Last night for dinner I literally had chips, bean dip, and a virgin strawberry margarita.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Halewafa's Avatar
346
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: SO/SO M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

Hey GOLFFRR curious what your macros were when you started cutting weight. I'm currently trying to get rid of some extra fat while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible. Seems to be working well. I've dropped around 8 lbs so far in 25 days while not dropping down in weights at the gym. My macros are: 92 carbs, 69 fat, 202 protein (1800 calories) on workout days and 63 carbs, 69 fat, 201 protein (1680 calories) on rest day. I feel like my carbs are a bit high, but I don't function very well if I cut them down much more.

I can't even imagine what your macros were when you were close to 5,000 calories a day!
__________________
2016 M4 - Current - SO/SO - Full leather - DCT - Comp Package - Executive Package - Lighting Package - Side/Top Cameras (ED Thread)
2006 tC - Sold
1996 Silverado - Sold
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      06-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #33
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
Hey GOLFFRR curious what your macros were when you started cutting weight. I'm currently trying to get rid of some extra fat while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible. Seems to be working well. I've dropped around 8 lbs so far in 25 days while not dropping down in weights at the gym. My macros are: 92 carbs, 69 fat, 202 protein (1800 calories) on workout days and 63 carbs, 69 fat, 201 protein (1680 calories) on rest day. I feel like my carbs are a bit high, but I don't function very well if I cut them down much more.

I can't even imagine what your macros were when you were close to 5,000 calories a day!
awesome on putting in the effort and work! I just got done with my first cut. I cut for 16 weeks, super slow, but my macros were still pretty high for the normal person. For me though I was starving all the time and the cardio aspect was the worst as that was pretty boring TBH. he has me do a lot of steady state cardio. My cutting macros were: P216.5 F85.5 C453.5 roughly 3450calories a day.
I start maint monday. Nic should be sending me my new macros this weekend along with my new workouts. Im looking forward to getting some size and strength back and also eating a lot more food
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 1
Halewafa345.50

      06-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #34
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Halewafa's Avatar
346
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: SO/SO M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
awesome on putting in the effort and work! I just got done with my first cut. I cut for 16 weeks, super slow, but my macros were still pretty high for the normal person. For me though I was starving all the time and the cardio aspect was the worst as that was pretty boring TBH. he has me do a lot of steady state cardio. My cutting macros were: P216.5 F85.5 C453.5 roughly 3450calories a day.
I start maint monday. Nic should be sending me my new macros this weekend along with my new workouts. Im looking forward to getting some size and strength back and also eating a lot more food
WOW! 3405 calories a day and still starving?? lol. Imagine how I feel at < 2000. I'm 6'2" 187 right now, not sure what my body fat % is, but if I had to guess it would be around 15% (based on pictures, thanks google!). 454 carbs a day sounds like a dream

Thanks for sharing!
__________________
2016 M4 - Current - SO/SO - Full leather - DCT - Comp Package - Executive Package - Lighting Package - Side/Top Cameras (ED Thread)
2006 tC - Sold
1996 Silverado - Sold
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      06-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #35
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
WOW! 3405 calories a day and still starving?? lol. Imagine how I feel at < 2000. I'm 6'2" 187 right now, not sure what my body fat % is, but if I had to guess it would be around 15% (based on pictures, thanks google!). 454 carbs a day sounds like a dream

Thanks for sharing!
you as well, keep at it! have a great rest of your week
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 1
Halewafa345.50

      06-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #36
M3 Number 86
Major General
2957
Rep
6,085
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Seeing a different side of you. Results pics?
__________________
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      06-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #37
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Seeing a different side of you. Results pics?
Not going to post pics sorry, you will have to take my word for it lol

But yea diet changed my whole life, not only do I feel like I look a lot better but I also feel amazing. I'm never tired and also my distance in my golf game has increased a lot
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #38
MFore
Private First Class
United_States
65
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: McLean VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Not going to post pics sorry, you will have to take my word for it lol

But yea diet changed my whole life, not only do I feel like I look a lot better but I also feel amazing. I'm never tired and also my distance in my golf game has increased a lot
Wait, diet = distance.....NOW you have my attention!!!
__________________
F82 M4 (ED 5/26/15-PCD 7/24/15) | MG/SO | 6SP | CF | 19" BLK | ADAPT M SUSPENSION | LED | HARMON KARDON
Our ED http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ighlight=dyers
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

      10-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #39
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6301
Rep
23,492
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFore View Post
Wait, diet = distance.....NOW you have my attention!!!
there you go bud! I can say without hesitation that my new found overall health (workouts and diet) have not only made me a better golfer but def a more powerful one. Im hitting the ball a mile, for me.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #40
MFore
Private First Class
United_States
65
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: McLean VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
there you go bud! I can say without hesitation that my new found overall health (workouts and diet) have not only made me a better golfer but def a more powerful one. Im hitting the ball a mile, for me.
For you to become a better golfer is saying something.
Our season is winding down. Maybe Ill be inspired by your story and work out more this winter (its possible I say this every year) and see how my game goes in the spring. Mostly I have been running. I did train for an epic hike by carrying my bag. It definitely helped and I actually lost a few pounds in the process. You burn a LOT of calories when you carry.
__________________
F82 M4 (ED 5/26/15-PCD 7/24/15) | MG/SO | 6SP | CF | 19" BLK | ADAPT M SUSPENSION | LED | HARMON KARDON
Our ED http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ighlight=dyers
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR6301.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST