BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions dinantronics elite v2 not working after oil change

10-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

dinantronics elite v2 not working after oil change

Had the dinan tune for a while and brought it in for regular maintenance, oil change and cabin filter is what they changed. Nothing else is mentioned on the work order. I did not unhook or remove it because its Dinan and if they had asked me anything I would simply confirm yes its there. Any problems with that?

I started driving and all the power gains are gone. I then looked under the hood and the unit is still connected.

What could they have done? Ideas?

Didn't try to reset or anything else yet. Its for B58.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

All connections checked. Put dme to sleep then disconnected battery, reseated the connector on the box. Reconnected the battery. But I do not believe it helped.

Questions for those with any kind of tune... do the sport displays show power increase at all?

Mine seems to cap at ~340hp and tq. I never checked before when I knew it was working.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #3
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
Questions for those with any kind of tune... do the sport displays show power increase at all?
AFAIK the performance dials won't show a higher power range unless you get a flash tune (e.g. MPPSK, or Bootmod3, etc.)

Sounds like your box could be faulty. What kind of Dinan tune do you have? .. have you contacted Dinan for troubleshooting advice?
      10-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
AFAIK the performance dials won't show a higher power range unless you get a flash tune (e.g. MPPSK, or Bootmod3, etc.)

Sounds like your box could be faulty. What kind of Dinan tune do you have? .. have you contacted Dinan for troubleshooting advice?
I talked to them and they said just disconnect battery and re-plug connections. Did that.

Its elite V2

I am thinking now, maybe I got used to it and now it feels as if I need/crave more power Initially it really made a substantial difference.

I'll try to re-install the bypass plug and drive around. If its significantly less then its all in my head and I just need more power I suppose.
Appreciate 0