BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Comfort Seats Retrofit

03-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
sdreisei
pro
Austria
Rep
Drives: 530d xDrive G30

Comfort Seats Retrofit

Hi guys,

I´ve the sport seats with memory and heating installed in my G30 in Dakota Black w. Blue Stiching. Because I´m after nearly 10 months still unhappy with my seats, I would like to retrofit the Comfort Seats in my car! Does anybody know, is it possible? Maybe there is someone here, who would like to change from comfort to sport seats also? I´m located in Austria/Europe so maybe there is someone who has some experience with this.

Thank you in advance!
Best regards!
Sven
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

It would probably be cheaper to change cars than to attempt this, I think. You will anyway need at least a new passenger door card with memory buttons, who knows what else ? And a future buyer may be less interested in a car that's been changed from factory spec.

Maybe go see a vehicle upholsterer, discuss what's uncomfortable about the seat, they could probably alter the shape slightly, or create some extra padding with a new matching leather covering ?

Is it just the narrowness of the seat base ? That would be easy for an upholsterer to fix.
Appreciate 1
Warp Ten641.50
      02-26-2021, 03:59 AM   #3
zsygec
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d

Hi Sven,

I am understood you because I have a same problem. The sport seats is very uncomfortable. I would like to ask is your problem solved? I checked the market on ebay, I found some option for comfort seats, but I have not bought yet. I would care what you got to your problem. please share your experience with me.

Thanks, Tibor
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 04:34 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Probably some coding as well. There are active head restraints so the crash module ( or whatever it's called) would need to know about that asweyeh I think buy another car to be honest
Appreciate 0