BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Hamilton should stick to racing

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2019, 06:41 AM   #1
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Hamilton should stick to racing

Lewis Hamilton has just sold or is selling his exec. jet and proclaiming
that the F1 that he participates in has a large carbon footprint that he is ashamed
of. If he has taken on the role of a green environmentalist then he has no place
in F1 and should leave.He already has said he has no interest in the E racing series so
what exactly does he want? He is not doing F1 interests any good
and only promoting confusion as to why he is here now.
Hamilton has enough money and with his doubt about staying in F1 he should
consider leaving and handing his seat to someone else.
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
1616
Rep
4,432
Posts

Drives: M235i 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (0)

I thought his recent writings about the hardships so many face and now I read above environmental concerns, are very admirable.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
iamwingman
Captain
800
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: m4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Yes. Private jets were great for everybody, including Hamilton, until Hamilton decided to be a cool kid and get rid of his. Now everyone has to. According to Hamilton. Maybe Hamilton should live his life how he sees fit and stfu. I like how he had no problems with f1 until he is a year or two away from retirement and has earned enough from f1 to put dinner on the table for 3 or 4 generations of Hamilton’s to come, and NOW he heroically comes out and criticizes. If he was a man of his convictions he’d immediately leave f1, now that he’s had his awakening, and should probably give all the money back that he’s earned. Because according to oh holy one Hamilton, it’s blood money.
Appreciate 6
SYT_Shadow3773.00
shay2nak1000.50
GTF85.00
Gtracer27.50
BigHunk59.00

      10-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #4
msk340i
Lieutenant
354
Rep
471
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

F1 will be more fun to watch without Hamilton. He would like us to think of him as a god but give the guy some slack. He's a hypocrite but he's still human like all of us and every single person has some hypocrisy in their life. His hypocrisy is more high profile because he is a higher profile a person than you or me.
On the other hand if he wants people to follow his calling and be more environmentally friendly then he should set an example.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 10:34 AM   #5
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
five_timer's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
420
Posts

Drives: 128i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

It's all business. He's invested in a vegan restaurant chain, and he's attempting to drum-up awareness and customers. That's why now, that's why it's this way.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
Blaze439
Private First Class
77
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: E30 Track Car 335XI Daily
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Gales Ferry, CT

iTrader: (0)

He even said that he would absolutely not try FE. Such a hypocrite
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
shay2nak
smoke if ya got 'em
shay2nak's Avatar
United_States
1001
Rep
2,163
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 / '07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

iTrader: (0)

Yes, but has he tried Burger King's Impossible Burger.
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #8
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
Yes, but has he tried Burger King's Impossible Burger.
LOL
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2019, 02:24 PM   #9
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Yapakanichi's Avatar
385
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Now wait. F1 is using hybrid technology engines. I understand what he's saying. He's not talking about the cars, how much logistics does it take to get a racing company from one track to another in a little under a week? That might be what he is speaking of.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #10
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapakanichi View Post
Now wait. F1 is using hybrid technology engines. I understand what he's saying. He's not talking about the cars, how much logistics does it take to get a racing company from one track to another in a little under a week? That might be what he is speaking of.
I can't see Lewis not referring in some way to 20 cars using near enough on 105 kilos of special race nitro fuel in the space of under 1.5 hours if he is making a point of carbon footprint. The logistics of teams flying cars,equipment and crews to race locations in chartered jets has been inferred many times by other sources over a long period of time and it's occasional dash to the race locations is hardly a trickle put against the normal daily airline traffic that crosses the globe.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #11
allinon72
Major
allinon72's Avatar
United_States
1287
Rep
1,278
Posts

Drives: 15' M3, 12' Raptor, 17' X1
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

From just a pure business standpoint, I fail to see the strategy by athletes, celebrities, corporations etc willingly splitting their potential customer base in half based on divisive issues.

And spare me the drivel about them wanting to change the world.
Appreciate 2
3798j378.00

      10-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #12
3798j
Lieutenant
3798j's Avatar
378
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [4.50]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'14 Audi S5  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
^ My thoughts...exactly.
__________________
'08 3.0SI
'14 S5
'64 & '85 Corvettes
'66 TR4A, '68 GT6
'55 F100
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #13
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
796
Rep
976
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

actually current F1 engines is the most efficient engines you can find on the planet these days.. cant understand why you guys calling him hypocrite but everyone has his opinion.. cant really understand you guys though.. people's perception can change and this can be Hamilton's as well.. he sold his jet thats right, sold part of his cars as well.. and switched to hybrid or electric cars.. he is trying to use recycled or recyclable products from toothbrush to something else.. there is no harm in this to anyone.. and recently he told that he has no interest on Formula E..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:07 AM   #14
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
HAM has offered info regarding his life and like most people, we change and our interests and tolerances change in many ways.

Perhaps the author of this thread (M5theonlyone) should be as bold to invite HAM (his countryman) out for a pint and begin assaulting HAM with HAM's life choices....but it is much easier to call people out online and not in person....let us know if you are going to confront HAM face-to-face....keep us posted.
It's my opinion not a challenge to a verbal confrontation Mr Bruce. Instead of a pint or two with him (not good before you drive back home) I would happily have a go-kart session with him.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 09:16 AM   #15
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18749
Rep
11,353
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

For the moment Lewis is somehow out of the picture . At those moments he can be a drama queen

But I have a lot of respect for his driver skills !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
thebishman
Captain
United_States
154
Rep
868
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS

iTrader: (0)

I applaud Hamilton for his extra curricular activities, even though I don’t agree with many of them. It has to provide a balance in his life, other than being 100% focused on nothing but the ‘circus’ that is F1.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #17
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
five_timer's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
420
Posts

Drives: 128i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
actually current F1 engines is the most efficient engines you can find on the planet these days.. cant understand why you guys calling him hypocrite but everyone has his opinion.. cant really understand you guys though.. people's perception can change and this can be Hamilton's as well.. he sold his jet thats right, sold part of his cars as well.. and switched to hybrid or electric cars.. he is trying to use recycled or recyclable products from toothbrush to something else.. there is no harm in this to anyone.. and recently he told that he has no interest on Formula E..
Ha! Yeah, efficiency isn't really pertinent if you have 22 cars going in circles at 200 mph. F1 involves hundreds (or thousands) of people flying themselves and tons of stuff all over the world, for most of the year. He also has had a jet and dozens of 5 mpg sports cars during his career. I'm sure he's lived a high-impact lifestyle.

If he decides to take a turn in a more positive direction, good for him. But that doesn't give him the right to lecture me. He's the wrong spokesperson.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2019, 03:44 AM   #18
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
actually current F1 engines is the most efficient engines you can find on the planet these days.. cant understand why you guys calling him hypocrite but everyone has his opinion.. cant really understand you guys though.. people's perception can change and this can be Hamilton's as well.. he sold his jet thats right, sold part of his cars as well.. and switched to hybrid or electric cars.. he is trying to use recycled or recyclable products from toothbrush to something else.. there is no harm in this to anyone.. and recently he told that he has no interest on Formula E..
You have to consider that Hamiltons days of thunder are over at least.Suddenly selling his once treasured possessions which he now considers not politically correct. The guy has turned into a freak,someone has got to him and turned him into a vegetable patch and he's using his position to turn F1 into a funny farm.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #19
Ximian
.
Ximian's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I can't see Lewis not referring in some way to 20 cars using near enough on 105 kilos of special race nitro fuel in the space of under 1.5 hours if he is making a point of carbon footprint. The logistics of teams flying cars,equipment and crews to race locations in chartered jets has been inferred many times by other sources over a long period of time and it's occasional dash to the race locations is hardly a trickle put against the normal daily airline traffic that crosses the globe.
Formula 1 has been carbon neutral for some time, from the cars using fuel on track to moving all of the cars and equipment around the world - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/56...ral-since-1997

I don't see how it's hypocritical for Hamilton to be a part of Formula 1 and to also promote being more conscious of our consumption. Even if he quit F1, lived in a house built from twigs and mud that he made by hand, and ate only salted yard waste, people would still call him a hypocrite because people suck.

At the very worst, what he's saying doesn't impact you in any way. The best outcome of this is that he helped convince a few people to try changing a few things in their lives to consume less. Every little bit helps.

I remember when a few "adults" complained about kids learning to shut off the water taps when brushing their teeth and telling their parents to do the same. As if that change is such a hardship
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #20
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
Formula 1 has been carbon neutral for some time, from the cars using fuel on track to moving all of the cars and equipment around the world - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/56...ral-since-1997

I don't see how it's hypocritical for Hamilton to be a part of Formula 1 and to also promote being more conscious of our consumption. Even if he quit F1, lived in a house built from twigs and mud that he made by hand, and ate only salted yard waste, people would still call him a hypocrite because people suck.

At the very worst, what he's saying doesn't impact you in any way. The best outcome of this is that he helped convince a few people to try changing a few things in their lives to consume less. Every little bit helps.

I remember when a few "adults" complained about kids learning to shut off the water taps when brushing their teeth and telling their parents to do the same. As if that change is such a hardship
Good point about economising...I don't go about saying I save on this, pay less for that, am never late and NEVER eat red meat
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST