BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2021 M550i Order - Timing / Wheels / Color Combo Questions

01-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #23
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostoncarconcierge View Post
Quote:
That looks amazing, congrats! Thanks for sharing. How's the ride quality with the 20's? Also, is that the Aluminum trim for the interior?
If I didn't live in New England, I'd go 20s 100%. However, I had very bad luck w my Jaguar paired w 20" winters which scared me a bit for this car, especially considering how heavy it is.

I ended up building my m550 around the wheels. I love both styles of the 20s, but only the all black 19s, as the bi color 19s dont strike me as very aggressive looking.

For the exterior, I was debating between BGAE, Bluestone, and Carbon Black. Absolutely love BGAE but have delivered so many of those lately, I decided to do something different. Bluestone is absolutely gorgeous, but I think it looks best w the 20" bi color wheels.

I ended up with Carbon Black Ext, Shadowline, Ivory Nappa, Black Wheels and Red Calipers. Feb production and will see it before mid-April!
Thanks for the detailed feedback! Funny enough, I decided on BGAE and black interior with the aluminum hexagon trim and the 20's, and I was going to place an order this month. But then my broker buddy found me that EXACT color combo with blue brake calipers (which I prefer) and the exact options I wanted, so I pulled the trigger on Monday (last day of the December program). So happy with the color combo and wheels!
Looks great but quick question — is this pic from the dealership? If so, did they tint the rear windows? I noticed on the MyGarage website it shows the car with darker rear windows but every pic I see of a new delivery (including pics earlier in this thread) show what looks like no tinting at all or at least no different from front and rear. Yours appears to obviously be darker / have tint applied. Did it come like that ?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 12:53 AM   #24
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostoncarconcierge View Post
Quote:
That looks amazing, congrats! Thanks for sharing. How's the ride quality with the 20's? Also, is that the Aluminum trim for the interior?
If I didn't live in New England, I'd go 20s 100%. However, I had very bad luck w my Jaguar paired w 20" winters which scared me a bit for this car, especially considering how heavy it is.

I ended up building my m550 around the wheels. I love both styles of the 20s, but only the all black 19s, as the bi color 19s dont strike me as very aggressive looking.

For the exterior, I was debating between BGAE, Bluestone, and Carbon Black. Absolutely love BGAE but have delivered so many of those lately, I decided to do something different. Bluestone is absolutely gorgeous, but I think it looks best w the 20" bi color wheels.

I ended up with Carbon Black Ext, Shadowline, Ivory Nappa, Black Wheels and Red Calipers. Feb production and will see it before mid-April!
Thanks for the detailed feedback! Funny enough, I decided on BGAE and black interior with the aluminum hexagon trim and the 20's, and I was going to place an order this month. But then my broker buddy found me that EXACT color combo with blue brake calipers (which I prefer) and the exact options I wanted, so I pulled the trigger on Monday (last day of the December program). So happy with the color combo and wheels!
Looks great but quick question — is this pic from the dealership? If so, did they tint the rear windows? I noticed on the MyGarage website it shows the car with darker rear windows but every pic I see of a new delivery (including pics earlier in this thread) show what looks like no tinting at all or at least no different from front and rear. Yours appears to obviously be darker / have tint applied. Did it come like that ?
Hey man! Good eye. When you see the darker windows in the rear on MyGarage, it's likely for a VIN that has the Executive Package. That's because the Executive Package comes with the rear shades. And the stock photos they add of the cars with rear shades look tinted (even though they're not). In real life though the cars don't come tinted, with or without Executive Package.

In my case, the dealer put tints on the car as an accessory item (as well as wrapped the roof black). But because I'm in California where the law says no tints whatsoever on the front windows, they were able to tint only the rear windows of the car. Hope that helps explains things!
      01-10-2021, 06:46 AM   #25
Bostoncarconcierge
Rep
Drives: Corvette, Sportbrake, M550-111

Quote:
Oh yes yes! I saw this car posted. It is truly gorgeous and a wonderful spec. The guys who helped couldn’t be nicer, either.

Congrats!
Appreciate 1
bluzbra269.00
      01-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #26
Sophisto540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
The dark graphite is a great color. My only regret with it is that it is too dark but not black enough to make the black grill and trim look good. I'm replacing everything with carbon fiber so it stands out. I would almost say the cerium gray for all the trim would be better than black. I have a buddy with a dark graphite X3M that came with cerium and I think I'm growing to really enjoy looking at it.

Hope you are really happy with the Bernina Gray. It looks great.

20" wheels are a bit rough on the ride quality but their aesthetic value outweighs that when you consider how big the wheel arches are on these cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #27
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisto540 View Post
The dark graphite is a great color. My only regret with it is that it is too dark but not black enough to make the black grill and trim look good. I'm replacing everything with carbon fiber so it stands out. I would almost say the cerium gray for all the trim would be better than black. I have a buddy with a dark graphite X3M that came with cerium and I think I'm growing to really enjoy looking at it.

Hope you are really happy with the Bernina Gray. It looks great.

20" wheels are a bit rough on the ride quality but their aesthetic value outweighs that when you consider how big the wheel arches are on these cars.
I'm loving the Bernina so far, I think it's so unique. And it literally changes color depending on the lighting. It looks different at night for sure.

The 20's are honestly pretty darn comfortable (only driven 250 miles so far so maybe I'll have a different opinion down the line). I thought the ride quality would be much worse based on what people were saying. I'm happy with them.
Attached Images

DNYC1919478.00
EMB415.50
Cabbage624.50
      01-10-2021, 03:51 PM   #28
FoxberryJam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 CompX; '98 m Roadster

Garage List
From Day 1, I was either going Bernina Gray or Alpine White with the black Shadowline trim - it took me forever to decide, but I ultimately went with the Alpine White because (a) I LOVE the look of it with all black trim and red calipers & (b) the fact that I have never owned a white car - I've always owned grey or silver cars prior, so the white is a very nice change of pace for me!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:46 AM   #29
NYC4Life9
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i Alp. Wht on Black

I had the same decision to make but ultimately went with White as well, happy with my decision.

Minor Upgrades: Spacers, carbon fiber mirror caps, tints all around, retractable front license plate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
bluzbra269.00
DNYC1919478.00
      06-06-2021, 06:30 PM   #30
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
I did Tanzanite Blue with Mocha Nappa interior. I opted for the 19 inch rims because I live in the city, and 20 inch is when you get low profile tires, so that was a no go.
Attached Images

06-06-2021, 06:39 PM   #31
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540ix

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxberryJam View Post
From Day 1, I was either going Bernina Gray or Alpine White with the black Shadowline trim - it took me forever to decide, but I ultimately went with the Alpine White because (a) I LOVE the look of it with all black trim and red calipers & (b) the fact that I have never owned a white car - I've always owned grey or silver cars prior, so the white is a very nice change of pace for me!
White or bernina grey or blue or any color. Looking good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0