BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2021 M550i - Production Begins!

01-05-2021, 10:12 PM   #67
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Waiting for my CA to give me an update on where my car is at now. However, I logged into the My Garage website for the first time in a while. I noticed my car is back a step and now says it's at the Port. Which is technically .. I hope.. true if they mean Baltimore and not Bremerhaven.

Has anyone looked at the My Garage page? Does it reset to at the port again once it gets to the destination port or is the page just up to shenanigans?
That happened to me as well, it jumped back to "port" when it got to the US, and then progressed back forward once it got onto a truck to the dealer. Fingers crossed you get it soon!!!
Appreciate 1
crypto1467.50
      01-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #68
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

Hey.... Mine just did this! It's currently at Baltimore VPC, and just jumped back to "at the port"
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #69
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerflakes View Post
Hey.... Mine just did this! It's currently at Baltimore VPC, and just jumped back to "at the port"
My CA said to estimate 4 days from now (?) to clear customs and get on a truck..

Also incentives have not improved at all hah too bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 08:52 AM   #70
Bostoncarconcierge
Rep
Drives: Corvette, Sportbrake, M550-111

@hoyas490 Saw your build on Leasehackr. Looks beautiful! Congrats.

Just got my order in for one this week. It is a truly superb machine. Can't wait to see it in a few months.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #71
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My CA said to estimate 4 days from now (?) to clear customs and get on a truck..

Sweet! I've been told my ETA at dealership is Tuesday 1/12. I hope that's true, I've already started trying to line up appointments (ceramic coating, tint, hardwire radar and dashcam, tire swap, etc). Luckily for you, that truck won't have too far to travel to get to you.
Appreciate 1
crypto1467.50
      01-08-2021, 10:54 AM   #72
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Sweet! I've been told my ETA at dealership is Tuesday 1/12. I hope that's true, I've already started trying to line up appointments (ceramic coating, tint, hardwire radar and dashcam, tire swap, etc). Luckily for you, that truck won't have too far to travel to get to you.
Yea if it were going direct.. and light traffic .. 1h15m maybe for them to get there. Good luck @ the 1/12 date! You might still beat me. I have no idea what takes so long. It's been at the port for almost 10 days now. I wonder if I am contending for the record for longest delivery tiem to the East Coast for a build that wasn't specifically delayed (that I am aware of) for any recalls or additional parts etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #73
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea if it were going direct.. and light traffic .. 1h15m maybe for them to get there. Good luck @ the 1/12 date! You might still beat me. I have no idea what takes so long. It's been at the port for almost 10 days now. I wonder if I am contending for the record for longest delivery tiem to the East Coast for a build that wasn't specifically delayed (that I am aware of) for any recalls or additional parts etc.
Yeah, that's really... Unpredictable. And I went with an individual color! Really hoping they push that turbo mode for you soon, you deserve to see that car!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 06:31 AM   #74
misterqureshi
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550

I placed my order on December 23rd and it’s still in “order received” status. Hasn’t moved at all lol is that normal? End to end about how many weeks am I looking at?

Also, dumb question, what if lease incentives have improved since you placed the order? Could you qualify for those new incentives, or are you stuck with the deal you “agreed” upon by providing a deposit to place the order?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:53 AM   #75
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterqureshi View Post
I placed my order on December 23rd and it’s still in “order received” status. Hasn’t moved at all lol is that normal? End to end about how many weeks am I looking at?

Also, dumb question, what if lease incentives have improved since you placed the order? Could you qualify for those new incentives, or are you stuck with the deal you “agreed” upon by providing a deposit to place the order?
You’ll want to ask your dealer (or call BMW Genius) and ask them what your build week is. This is the week your car is expected to finish production. It will move to “scheduled for production” roughly two weeks prior to starting production, in then “in production” for about a week. Finding out that build week is pretty key as they tend to keep pretty close to schedule on that. I found out the hard way, my build week was 5+ weeks from my order day. I spent a lot of time waiting with no updates.

My car is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday, which puts me at about 2.5 months or so start to finish.

When you put a deposit down, credit check, and received an order number, your current incentives and rates are “locked.” You can re-lock new rates and incentives if they improve as you wait for the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 08:01 AM   #76
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterqureshi View Post

I'll add a little to what Beerflakes said. The incentives in theory should only be able to get better vs worse according to the CAs. However, from everything I've read, the incentives are only locked for 60 days. So what happens to people like me if the incentive when I ordered is better than anything in the months following.. and here I am nearing 90 days since ordering? My CA says there won't be any issues and they will honor it. In reality I have no idea lol. I'm really hoping for no surprises when I go to get my car.
Appreciate 1
dkkim2.50
      01-09-2021, 08:09 AM   #77
misterqureshi
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550

Quote:
I'll add a little to what Beerflakes said. The incentives in theory should only be able to get better vs worse according to the CAs. However, from everything I've read, the incentives are only locked for 60 days. So what happens to people like me if the incentive when I ordered is better than anything in the months following.. and here I am nearing 90 days since ordering? My CA says there won't be any issues and they will honor it. In reality I have no idea lol. I'm really hoping for no surprises when I go to get my car.
Thanks, now I remember they told me production would take place week 6. I’m not in any real rush since the car is coming with summers and I’d rather not have to change the tires until next winter. And yes, I’d hope they would honor the deal they gave you! Let the waiting begin...

Post pics when you guys get yours!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #78
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

I think they will honor it. I’m using October’s rates for my lock and my CA has assured me numerous times that I will get those rates, no problem.

Just make sure to have a paper trail of those assurances. Worst case scenario, if BMW FS does not honor it, I’d be looking back at the dealer to make the numbers right.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #79
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Any luck man??? Hoping you'd have yours by now.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 10:31 AM   #80
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Any luck man??? Hoping you'd have yours by now.
Hah I had not been posting in hopes I could just wait it out and have the car and come in hot with some pics. This is the email I got in the last hour:

"Your vehicle didn't leave the port yet. I've been checking on it daily. I'll let you know the moment your BMW arrives at our dealership."

17 days at Port of Baltimore so far... 🤬

My car has been sitting at a port in the US or Germany for over 1.5 months. Should I worry about flat spots in the tires. Hah wtf!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #81
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hah I had not been posting in hopes I could just wait it out and have the car and come in hot with some pics. This is the email I got in the last hour:

"Your vehicle didn't leave the port yet. I've been checking on it daily. I'll let you know the moment your BMW arrives at our dealership."

17 days at Port of Baltimore so far... 🤬
Have you made it through the VPC yet? Mine is stuck in Baltimore too, but has been 'released to carrier' from VPC since Saturday. Seems it's in truck limbo.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #82
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Have you made it through the VPC yet? Mine is stuck in Baltimore too, but has been 'released to carrier' from VPC since Saturday. Seems it's in truck limbo.
I'm in the same boat.. or truck.. or parking lot. On Wed I was told it was released to carrier:

DELTA AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES

They thought it'd arrive yesterday or this AM.. but I guess not.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #83
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the same boat.. or truck.. or parking lot. On Wed I was told it was released to carrier:

Interesting. I wonder if we're both impacted by some slow down we don't know about on the trucking side of things... My original ETA at dealer was this past Tuesday. It's currently Saturday. We'll see

How did you get the name of the carrier/trucking company? Genius tells me they don't have access to that info.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 11:51 AM   #84
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. I wonder if we're both impacted by some slow down we don't know about on the trucking side of things... My original ETA at dealer was this past Tuesday. It's currently Saturday. We'll see

How did you get the name of the carrier/trucking company? Genius tells me they don't have access to that info.
My CA was able to pull it up. Came from him.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #85
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Wondering if you're also now 'in transit'
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #86
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Wondering if you're also now 'in transit'
NO not at all.

I was told my car was supposed to arrive Saturday now but that inauguration is causing issues with trucks getting around. I mean that seems somewhat plausible but I'm not sure interstate commerce of roads outside of DC have come to any kind of halt or delay. So... I wait... good luck to you though LOL. I think you'll beat me for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #87
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
A quick question:

Quote:
I know what you're thinking.. is this just another random thread about someone posting their car has entered the production queue? Let me assure you of this... you are absolutely right. I apologize in advance for piling on another thread but I am pretty pumped and will post a few data points from my point of view that could be interesting along the way (I hope).

You might have seen me mention that I was under the impression my car would begin the week of October 9. This is what I was told when I called BMW Genius a week and a half ago. It seems that schedule has been moved up, as the tracker shows I have begun tracking today. I don't want to give people false hope, but it seems the data they give you can absolutely be moved up. I am sure the reverse can happen as well. This may have been mentioned before, but the day production begins is the first time your VIN shows up. Not that there's anything I would do with it but just an FYI.

Attachment 2449608

Here is an updated timeline along the way:

October 14: Order received.
October 15: Scheduled for Production
October 30: Production Begins
November 7: In the Paint Booth
November 10 (morning UTC-5): Entering Assembly Line
November 10 (early afternoon UTC-5): Assembly in Progress
November 10 (late evening UTC-5): Quality Check
November 11: Final Assembly
November 11: Ready for Transport
November 11: Awaiting Carrier Assignment
November 13: Dispatched From Factory
November 27: At the Port
December 14: In Transit (vessel scheduled shows boat left Dec 12)
December 30: Arrived at Port of Baltimore!
January 18: Still waiting.....slowly losing mind... questioning if this car is even real or am I being trolled?

What I ordered:

2021 M550i
Color: Black Sapphire Metallic
Interior: Black Nappa Leather with contrast stitching
Packages:
  • Dynamic Handing Package
  • Executive Package
  • Driving Assistance Plus
  • Parking Assistance Package
  • Shadowline Package
  • Front and Rear Heated Seats
  • Front Massaging Seats
  • Front Ventilated Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Space-saver Spare
  • 20" 668M Wheels
  • Red Brake Calipers

Let's the waiting and obsessing continue!
How long did it take from "Scheduled for production" to "Production started"? I'm wondering since I'm in the "Scheduled for production" stage.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #88
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
How long did it take from "Scheduled for production" to "Production started"? I'm wondering since I'm in the "Scheduled for production" stage.
Took right about 2 weeks. It's October 15 to October 30 on the timeline. I think ~2 weeks is what I've seen from a lot of others too.
Appreciate 0