BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Alcantara headliner install: post order

11-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Alcantara headliner install: post order

Wanted to see if anyone knows the cost to have an Alcantara headliner installed post build. It’s such a cheap option during build I don’t know why more cars dont have it...

I’m in the market for a M550 now, so if I find a perfectly optioned car that does not have it, I’d just like to know what I’m getting my$elf into.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Depends on how hands-on you’re willing to get. Using the pre-LCI model as an example, the headlining itself new costs around $1900 before taxes/shipping. The bigger challenge is installing it, as the BMW instructions for replacing the headliner have you removing the windshield in order to get the old one out and put the new one in. Probably not worth trying to do it after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Depends on how hands-on you’re willing to get. Using the pre-LCI model as an example, the headlining itself new costs around $1900 before taxes/shipping. The bigger challenge is installing it, as the BMW instructions for replacing the headliner have you removing the windshield in order to get the old one out and put the new one in. Probably not worth trying to do it after the fact.

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know!
Appreciate 0