BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Low manifold pressure only wth bootmod tune

12-24-2023, 06:11 PM   #1
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Low manifold pressure only wth bootmod tune

I recently loaded the stage 1 93 ots tune on the n63tu3 and immediately started getting extremely rough idle, to the point the car was shaking. I flashed back to stock and no issues- idle back to normal. Unfortunately I didn't data log or check thrown codes.

I paid for a custom tune and attempted to load his base file and once again, was met with severely harsh idle and stalling. This time I checked the codes and 2 related to low manifold pressure: 104621, 104602. It would seem that my manifold pressure sensors were bad however, I flashed back to the stock file and no issues! The car runs smooth, no issues.

Seems really odd that the tunes are reading manifold pressure wrong and I'm lost as to solve this given no codes when stock map is used. Anyone experience something similar?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasky_spas View Post
I recently loaded the stage 1 93 ots tune on the n63tu3 and immediately started getting extremely rough idle, to the point the car was shaking. I flashed back to stock and no issues- idle back to normal. Unfortunately I didn't data log or check thrown codes.

I paid for a custom tune and attempted to load his base file and once again, was met with severely harsh idle and stalling. This time I checked the codes and 2 related to low manifold pressure: 104621, 104602. It would seem that my manifold pressure sensors were bad however, I flashed back to the stock file and no issues! The car runs smooth, no issues.

Seems really odd that the tunes are reading manifold pressure wrong and I'm lost as to solve this given no codes when stock map is used. Anyone experience something similar?
Did you try deleting the codes and restart the car?

What year is your car? It's important you have the 3.5 bar tmap sensors.

Lastly, send an email to the guys at BM3. These guys will be very helpful, they know their stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 08:20 PM   #3
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M550bernina View Post
Did you try deleting the codes and restart the car?

What year is your car? It's important you have the 3.5 bar tmap sensors.

Lastly, send an email to the guys at BM3. These guys will be very helpful, they know their stuff.
It's a 2019, bench unlocked already. I did clear the codes as well. Emailed bm and they want me to load the file again and Data log it.. which I'm nervous to do.

I thought the n63tu3 and s63 don't need the 4 bar sensor, unless there's plans to run higher boost with ethanol.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 02:02 PM   #4
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It's a 2019, bench unlocked already. I did clear the codes as well. Emailed bm and they want me to load the file again and Data log it.. which I'm nervous to do.

I thought the n63tu3 and s63 don't need the 4 bar sensor, unless there's plans to run higher boost with ethanol.
I wouldn't be afraid to Data log. The ECU will protect the vehicle and go into limp mode if need be.

Whether it's BM3 or your custom tuner, they're going to need some data from your car to help diagnose.

A normal data log is 3rd, 4th & 5th gear pull. If you're concerned, I would just start data logging as soon as you start driving. Any log is better than no log.

You may be correct with the higher t- map sensors. I would double check with your custom tuner regarding what t-map size sensors you should be running for his tune.

Also did you install new colder plugs, gapped at 0.22?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 11:04 PM   #5
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M550bernina View Post
I wouldn't be afraid to Data log. The ECU will protect the vehicle and go into limp mode if need be.

Whether it's BM3 or your custom tuner, they're going to need some data from your car to help diagnose.

A normal data log is 3rd, 4th & 5th gear pull. If you're concerned, I would just start data logging as soon as you start driving. Any log is better than no log.

You may be correct with the higher t- map sensors. I would double check with your custom tuner regarding what t-map size sensors you should be running for his tune.

Also did you install new colder plugs, gapped at 0.22?

Relatively new NGK at .24. I'll have to get the data log and see what happens. Doubt it'll even get to drive, the car runs that bad with both tunes in place. Appreciate the assistance btw.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 05:21 PM   #6
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Relatively new NGK at .24. I'll have to get the data log and see what happens. Doubt it'll even get to drive, the car runs that bad with both tunes in place. Appreciate the assistance btw.
Sorry your going through this. I've read people having issues with initial flash, but none to your level. Hope you able to figure it out.

It will probably be something simple, but not simple to find.
Appreciate 0