BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Winter is coming

08-08-2023, 10:41 AM   #23
Orion12521
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Where did you order from in the UK please?
Seller is Wheelbase Alloys. My hopes of delivery in late July/early August May have been a bit too optimistic. The retailer is still waiting on delivery from GMP Italia before they can ship to me. It is a little disappointing in that their website stated "Availability: In Stock". 1) If it was in stock in your warehouse, you wouldn't be waiting on a shipment from the manufacturer. 2) If it were in the manufacturers stock, why is it taking multiple weeks to ship?

My disatisfaction at this point is solely related to managing my expectations. I knew going in that I wasn't going to get the wheels delivered in Amazon like timeframe. Objectively, I can be ok with waiting or unhappy about it. Neither is going to change the fact that I have to wait. So I wait... happily at this point.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 01:46 AM   #24
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion12521 View Post
Seller is Wheelbase Alloys. My hopes of delivery in late July/early August May have been a bit too optimistic. The retailer is still waiting on delivery from GMP Italia before they can ship to me. It is a little disappointing in that their website stated "Availability: In Stock". 1) If it was in stock in your warehouse, you wouldn't be waiting on a shipment from the manufacturer. 2) If it were in the manufacturers stock, why is it taking multiple weeks to ship?

My disatisfaction at this point is solely related to managing my expectations. I knew going in that I wasn't going to get the wheels delivered in Amazon like timeframe. Objectively, I can be ok with waiting or unhappy about it. Neither is going to change the fact that I have to wait. So I wait... happily at this point.
Thanks for that info.

Agree, very frustrating when they say in stock and they don't have them, but I do like your take on the situation

I'm sure the wait will be worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 05:58 PM   #25
Orion12521
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Thanks for that info.

Agree, very frustrating when they say in stock and they don't have them, but I do like your take on the situation

I'm sure the wait will be worthwhile.
I received a shipping confirmation, the wheels should be here Monday. My mechanic doesn't have an opening for me until the following Monday. Also, I received an unexpected surprise. UPS billed me an additional $24.72 for import fees/taxes.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 02:38 AM   #26
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion12521 View Post
I received a shipping confirmation, the wheels should be here Monday. My mechanic doesn't have an opening for me until the following Monday. Also, I received an unexpected surprise. UPS billed me an additional $24.72 for import fees/taxes.
Good news. $24 doesn't seem too bad for the value, I got a charge greater than that here in the UK when I bought a watch from the US and it cost a lot less then your wheels.

Pics please when you have them fitted
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2023, 09:59 AM   #27
Orion12521
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Sneak peak...

I'll have a full write up when they get mounted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0