BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis KW Street Comfort on 540ix?

08-31-2023, 11:36 AM   #1
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

KW Street Comfort on 540ix?

Does anyone have any experience with or have direct knowledge of the efficacy of the KW Street Comfort Coilovers on a 540i xDrive?

KW doesn't list it as compatible but Bimmerworld does.

I spoke to Bimmerworld, and they said they confirmed fitment on their own but said I'd probably be on the upper end of the weight/performance spectrum. I'm curious if the heavier 540ix is pushing the spring rate or valving, making it unresponsive, soft, or wallowy. They couldn't comment on that, which makes sense since they didn't make them.

I called KW but they were absolutely no help. Dude said they didn't confirm fitment for the xDrive. When I asked if he could elaborate on whether that lack of confirmation had to do with fitment or spring rate/valving, he just said, "We didn't confirm fitment." Rinse, repeat. :annoyed sigh:

My issue is that I want my lowing to start at 0" for winter purposes (also they're cheaper), or I'd just order the V3s. I was originally just going to put MSS springs on but the Street Comforts can get an extra 3/4" lower.

(You'll notice that the coilovers start at 10 or 20mm lower, depending which site you look at but that's ok because my new wheels/tires will raise my car by like 15mm, iirc.)

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...t-G30-RWD.html
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Ok, I was able to get better info from KW.

KW: "The AWD version is going to cause the springs to sag and potentially lower the vehicle even more than we advertise.

Me: "In light of that, assuming the valving is up to task, any chance to get slightly heavier springs?"

KW: "The Street Comfort kits have a very specific spring rate and cannot be increased without harming the valving of the kit."
Appreciate 0