BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions NBTEVO Y - Car Play Issue - any help or suggestions please!

05-28-2023, 03:01 AM   #1
ukoberon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520DMsport 2019 build

NBTEVO Y - Car Play Issue - any help or suggestions please!

Recently added reverse cam and car play aerial to my 2019 5 series. Got the coding from a well known supplier for carplay and all worked. Had an issue with the reverse camera but got it sorted and coded. Car went in for service and long story short my head unit went from NBT EVO Q to NBT EVO Y. Reinstalled Car Play pack (which i had taken off before service) and now i cant get it to work.

Ordered and paid for version Y specific and that has same result - everything happens as it should upto and including phone connection - then the idplay shows that car play is available but to delete and re add phone - have done this several times (deleting the existing connections on phone and head unit several times along the way). Tried another Iphone - same issue. Completely baffled as to what to do next. Can clearly see the wi-fi signal in the car from the head unit when the pack is in place - everything looks as it should - just dont get the carplay menu or connection. Resets of head unit been done and latest IOS versiom on Iphone.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions as to how to fix please . Thank you

Edit : just to add , I can connect an android phone via screenmirroring without any issue so I'm pretty sure the WiFi aerial is good and working ..

Last edited by ukoberon; 05-28-2023 at 05:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 04:40 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Ive seen this issue sometimes it can be fixed by coding the wifi parameters in the headunit. Have you asked seller about the issue?
Appreciate 0