BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding G30 driver assistance restricted temporarly

11-05-2023, 03:44 AM   #1
Mislav
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 BMW F30 BMW F25

G30 driver assistance restricted temporarly

Hello all BMW enthusiasts.

I have bought a used BMW G30 and a few weeks after using it I got a warning "assistance restricted temporarily". Photo attached ( the sun showed all the dirt haha ) . This warning was not so common, maybe every 1000 km. Then I visited my dealer (for an oil change) and reported this problem. They said the problem was the registration plate and that it was placed too low restricting the sensor. After driving from them, the warning turned on after 2 kilometers. Now everytime I turn on the car and drive for 2-5 km this warning turns on. What should I do? I tried driving without a registration plate, the problem stays. I've tried washing all the front side carefully, nothing.

Sorry if my English is not the best. Mislav from Croatia
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 07:42 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

It might be a faulty sensor
Or perhaps it’s not plugged in, probably difficult to find without taking a load of stuff off first

The dealer should certainly be able to find that out, plug their equipment into the one and see if their is a missing or faulty sensor

If you have access to any tools yourself that would presumably show up aswell
Appreciate 1
Mislav0.00