BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Driver Assistance Restricted - Active Cruise Control ACC

11-10-2023, 07:48 PM   #1
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Driver Assistance Restricted - Active Cruise Control ACC

My wife, amazingly reversed into my car at low speed (1km/h) with her towbar the other day and cracked the front number plate cover and bent it a little. There is a faint bow right in the middle of the bumper above the plate. All of this is fine and barely noticeable.

However, when I drove on the freeway today since it happened the car threw up driver assistance restricted - front collision error. ACC won't activate.

Looking in Bimmerlink there are 2 non-clearable ACC errors relating to weird values (I didn't screenshot but can).

I assume there must be some module behind the front plate that got damaged?

I would have thought it would have something to do with the radar sensor unit below the plate? That wasn't touched in the hit as it's far too low, however, I did notice that you can tilt a little (a few mm) if you push/pull it which is strange. The wires and connectors are intact.

ACC was working the day before the hit.

Would there be a fuse involved or is it a matter of getting the dealer to pull the bumper off and inspect? I'm guessing they won't cover under warranty as you can see the bow above the number plate.

Thanks

Last edited by choppedliver; 11-10-2023 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 09:02 PM   #2
choppedliver
Captain
Rep

Looking at this document there is nothing behind the bumper. The ACC sits below, as I thought so it's all a bit strange. Maybe coincidence - https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAHQAAAAAQBw
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 09:47 PM   #3
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Without pictures it is hard to know what may have been knocked around.

The ACC radar sensor could have been moved in its bracket or the radar sensors in the side of the bumper could have been knocked out of place or one could have fallen out.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 02:36 PM   #4
choppedliver
Captain
Rep

It seems that when the wife reversed into the car she broke part of ACC bracket. $800 later and the dealer had it replaced. It seems like it’s a tricky job as they had delays getting the right river gun. Lesson learnt. Wife not allowed to reverse into my car any more.
Appreciate 2
Spyder364.50