BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Struggled to get the door card back on, turned out to be the clip

03-21-2024, 12:21 PM   #1
hatch-2810
Rep
Drives: 2021 530e Phytonic Blue

Struggled to get the door card back on, turned out to be the clip

I know this is perfectly obvious to those of you who had experience with the door, just posting this in hopes it helps others who might have trouble in the future and searching for the answer.

I took the door card off to redo the tint (the previous owner blacked out the side windows and I wanted to get it off). When I was done, I couldn't put the door card back on and thought it had to be an alignment problem. I watched youtube videos of others easily getting it back on and wondered what they knew that I didn't.

The part that the youtube videos skip over is that the clips are not like normal expansion clips. They stay stuck in the locked position when they're removed from the door, and they need to be reset. Once I replaced the clips, it went on easily.
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2024, 08:07 PM   #2
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Thanks for the tip! Here is the part to order if you need more clips.
Appreciate 1