BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding My BMW - unable to send routes to car

05-20-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
Felixen
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G31 520i

My BMW - unable to send routes to car

Hi all

I have been using the Connected app until now. The app and all featueres have been working just fine.

It now seems that the Connected App will be deactivated on the 30th of June. At least that is how it is here in Denmark. We will then be forced to use the new My BMW app.

The problem for me is that I cannot send a destination/route from the new app to my car. Or more precisely, I can send the route just fine, and the app will say that it has been sent, but it never pops up in iDrive on the car (neither in navigation or in messages). When I do the same thing from the Connected app, it works almost instantly.

I can lock and unlock the car from "My BMW" and it also shows the current fuel level and range, so there is definitely a connection between the app and the car.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

I am using iDrive 6 by the way. My car is a G31 from spring 2019.

The new app does look nicer and more modern by the way, but it does seem to have less features than the connected app. I hope these will be added again later.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

I just tested the new myBMW app with my 2019 G30 and I received a route notification in iDrive and also saw the route sent in Connected Drive > Messages.

A few weeks back I did have an issue where I wasn't able to send any commands to the car using either app. I opened a case with BMW Assist. Took them a couple weeks, but they fixed the issues remotely. You might want to do the same with BMW Assist in your country.
      05-20-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Felixen
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I just tested the new myBMW app with my 2019 G30 and I received a route notification in iDrive and also saw the route sent in Connected Drive > Messages.

A few weeks back I did have an issue where I wasn't able to send any commands to the car using either app. I opened a case with BMW Assist. Took them a couple weeks, but they fixed the issues remotely. You might want to do the same with BMW Assist in your country.
Thanks. I don't think we have BMW Assist here, but they have a support e-mail address for Connected Drive. I will give that a shot.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixen View Post
Quote:

Thanks. I don't think we have BMW Assist here, but they have a support e-mail address for Connected Drive. I will give that a shot.
Try this. In the app, click the person icon to show your profile. Scroll to bottom and click About and Contact. Should provide options to get in touch with support. Or, if still under warranty make it your dealers problem to find a solution. Good luck.
      05-20-2021, 03:16 PM   #5
Felixen
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Try this. In the app, click the person icon to show your profile. Scroll to bottom and click About and Contact. Should provide options to get in touch with support. Or, if still under warranty make it your dealers problem to find a solution. Good luck.
Thank you. They have BMW customer support there. Just a phone number. I will try them tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 02:11 AM   #6
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Sorry to say that My BMW is a downgrade. So many features have gone. It's pretty basic now.

Latest is that you cannot tell which connected drive services you have subscribed to.

Anyone remember that you used to be able to plot a route on the web rather than just a destination? That went too last year.

However I did discover that it now has fuel prices in the map section. A tiny bonus.
Appreciate 0