BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding 2022 G30 530I Digital Dash Screen Damage

06-12-2023, 03:32 PM   #1
tgBMW530i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 530I

Talking 2022 G30 530I Digital Dash Screen Damage

Hey All,

I recently just bought a 2022 530IX knowingly new the digital dash and infotainment screens had visible damage. Looks like a cleaning solution was sprayed on the screens which created some bubble, just not a few but a massive amount of "Hard water looking spots". They will not come off at all.
My question is, has anyone had this issue? Are these screens (Gauges and Infotainment) interchangeable between models? Would there be programming involved. All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 06:19 AM   #2
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

There's an anti reflective coating which may be damaged. You could as a very last resort gently remove this with eg jewellers paste. Try a small off screen area first.

This will possibly remove the damage but make the screen unpleasant. However if you cannot live with the screens then it's worth a try rather than the massive expense of replacing them and, yes, coding. You are in the realms of x thousand
Appreciate 0