BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2023: Italian GP - Monza (Sept 3)

09-12-2023, 04:56 AM   #463
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Sure he will have a go
      09-12-2023, 05:17 AM   #464
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
New trophy cabinets ordered rapidly running out of space
WOW ! That looks fantastic ! Mate , thanks for sharing

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
DrFerry6728.50
      09-12-2023, 05:22 AM   #465
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Sure he will have a go
I wouldn't trust him with a barge pole
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2023, 10:28 AM   #466
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Just found this in my desk drawer from last year
Here's an excerpt for you. Dutch video posted on 21 October 2015 - Verstappen answers questions from viewers.

05:23 - 05:30:

Original:
Q: "Wat wil je vragen aan je toekomstige zelf in 2030 ?"
A: "Ben ik méér dan zeven keer wereldkampioen geworden ?"

Translation:
Q: "What do you want to ask your future self in 2030 ?"
A: "Have I become world champion more than seven times ?"

April 2017 - photobombing:

M5Rick60060.50
      09-13-2023, 11:36 AM   #467
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
You can't help but like Max
      09-13-2023, 12:34 PM   #468
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
You can't help but like Max
Max and Checo are also some kind of 'sugar daddies': all those top results also financially trickle down via bonuses to Red Bull Racing staff (as a reward for all those who facilitate their success).

I guess that this year, down at Red Bull Racing most were holding their breath during the final stage of the F1 2023 Austria GP when Max boldly proposed to go for Fastest Lap. Trust that Max could pull it off, but also nervous about the risks involved: a small mistake (for example speeding in the pitlane, slow pitstop) could have ended with P2 behind Charles, impacting bonuses.

09-13-2023, 12:49 PM   #469
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

How many?
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2023, 12:57 PM   #470
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Max and Checo are also some kind of 'sugar daddies': all those top results also financially trickle down via bonuses to Red Bull Racing staff (as a reward for all those who facilitate their success).

I guess that this year, down at Red Bull Racing most were holding their breath during the final stage of the F1 2023 Austria GP when Max boldly proposed to go for Fastest Lap. Trust that Max could pull it off, but also nervous about the risks involved: a small mistake (for example speeding in the pitlane, slow pitstop) could have ended with P2 behind Charles, impacting bonuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAUFJhCR9w
I know, I'm one of them 😃
      09-16-2023, 06:24 AM   #471
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
'The Fox and the Grapes' is one of Aesop's fables. The story features a fox that tries to eat grapes from a vine but cannot reach them. Rather than admit defeat, he states they are undesirable.

The expression "sour grapes" originated from this fable, applied when people speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain.
Toto Wolff has back-paddled on his sore loser comment on Verstappen.
-------------------------------
Wolff admits ‘Wikipedia’ comments on Verstappen's win record weren’t 'the most intelligent'
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...kRv9sTbF2.html
Toto Wolff has rowed back on the comments he made following the Italian Grand Prix regarding Max Verstappen’s consecutive race win record, with the Mercedes Team Principal admitting it was not his “most intelligent” statement.
Verstappen took the outright record for the most consecutive victories in Formula 1 history last time out in Monza, when the Red Bull driver took his 10th win in a row. And while many were impressed, in the aftermath of the race, Wolff described the record as being one for “Wikipedia”.
He added: “For me, these kinds of records are completely irrelevant. They were irrelevant in our good days in Mercedes – I don’t know how many races we won. I didn’t even know if there was a count on how many races in a row you win.
“Therefore, asking me to comment on some achievements is difficult because it never played a role in my whole life. But the result shows a great driver in a great car in a completely high level.”
However, speaking in the press conference at this weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix, Wolff pointed to a shared trait with former Mercedes non-executive chairman and three-time world champion Niki Lauda as the reason behind his comments.
Asked in Singapore if he regretted what he'd said, Wolff said: “Well obviously, when you look at the comments in the circumstances, you can think, was it the most intelligent thing that I could have said? Then maybe not.
But it’s always been my mindset. Something that I have taken from Niki – Niki gave his trophies away to get a free car wash. You won’t find a lot of memorabilia at my places either because those numbers never mattered to the two of us.
“Formula 1 is a meritocracy, and I said it often during this year that only the best will win World Championships, and you need to recognise what a great job is being done there.
“And at the end, they will take another big trophy and that is something that is the most valuable. The best person in the best car wins the World Championship.”
Looking at his own team’s performance, Wolff gave his verdict on whether Mercedes were still hamstrung by the car they brought to the track in 2022. The Silver Arrows have brought several upgrades this season, and even overhauled the design of the W14 in Monaco earlier this year, but are yet to score a victory in 2023.
“I think the car that we put on track in 2022, fundamentally the bones are [still] the same,” explained Wolff. “And we are going a little bit round in circles in how we can improve the car and it is difficult.
“We are working to change the bones for next year which means we saw a lot of potential, but you are also starting in a position where you can’t really predict the outcome. But flat-out: this is the mindset at the moment.”
-------------------------------

Looks like he still didn't come to terms about Abu Dhabi 2021.

Name:  Mercedes_AbuDhabi_2021.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  259.8 KB
      09-16-2023, 07:19 AM   #472
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
How many?
The first two minutes of that video report fake news.

Verstappen never told in any interview since Hamilton got his 7th WDC (2020) that Hamilton has 6 instead of 7 WDC. It's fake news that has gone viral. You won't find any interview where you can hear Verstappen say those nonsense. It's made up by some on the interwebs, some even fabricated fake 'subtitles' to give it some appearance of credibility.

Don't believe the hype. Hamilton has 7 WDC and is one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, period.

-------------------------
Fact Check: Did Max Verstappen claim Lewis Hamilton has 6 world titles and not 7 during an interview?
By Akshat Kabra
Modified Sep 12, 2023 20:49 IST
https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-...es-7-interview
A piece of extremely controversial news about Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton has been doing the rounds on the internet lately. However, there are questions about whether it is legitimate news or not.
Rumor has it that, while giving an interview, Verstappen claimed that Hamilton only has six world championships. Verstappen allegedly took a jibe at Toto Wolff's 'Wikipedia' comment as well, saying that he does not look up these facts on the website.
Since Verstappen's rivalry with Hamilton during the 2021 F1 season is still fresh in people's minds, this rumored quote quickly went viral. It blew up even more when several British publications released articles about it.
Of course, social media platforms were flooded with posts and heated discussions about the statement. But the question is, did Max Verstappen really say that?
The answer to that is a resounding 'no.'

Firstly, there are no videos or audio interviews found where Verstappen can be heard speaking about the Mercedes driver only having six world championships to his name.
Secondly a picture collage of the interview has been found on a subreddit called 'r/formuladank', which is a meme page. This is the oldest and first source of the rumored comments, which were, of course, made in jest.
This proves that Verstappen's quote about Hamilton's number of world championships was false, as the Dutchman never said it.
Ever since the 2021 F1 season, where Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton raced intensely against each other for the world championship, their rivalry has been discussed by millions of fans.
While there have been many positive talks about how brilliant the 2021 season and both drivers were, there is a fair share of people who do not like either driver. Hence, this meme confused and even enraged quite a lot of fans.

Max Verstappen feels Lewis Hamilton can fight for the championship again with the right car
Since Max Verstappen has recently raced against Lewis Hamilton for the 2021 F1 world championship, the Red Bull driver is well aware of how strong the seven-time world champion truly is.
While speaking to Sky Sports at the start of the 2023 F1 season, Verstappen praised Hamilton as being one of the best drivers in the sport and suggested that he can chase another title if he has a good car with him.
"He's been one of the greatest drivers ever in the sport, so for sure if he has the car to do it, he can fight for the title again," Verstappen said.
Currently, Hamilton is fourth in the drivers' championship with 164 points. He has recently signed a new two-year contract with Mercedes, in the hope of winning his record-breaking eighth world title before retiring.
-------------------------