BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2019 530i question on Drive Recorder and OTA

10-11-2023, 08:18 AM   #1
funglenn
Rep
Drives: 530i

2019 530i question on Drive Recorder and OTA

New to the forum, long time BMW guy but new to the G30.

My wife had a 2020 X5 that had remote update as an option on the idrive. Does the 2019 G30 have it? it is missing on the idrive--should it be there?

Also I do NOT have BMW recorder but i have Live Cockpit (the all digital one) and i have the 3D surround cameras. Should i have BMW recorder? is it an update i can get? i called genius and they had me reboot the system and update the apps option to no luck. i really want this vs an external camera and the dealer is unsure.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 08:28 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I don’t believe you will as that model year is the idrive 7 lite as it’s often called
So you have the pre LCI external lights, new idrive 7 with digital cluster
You won’t have remote software update but the dealer can do that. You will likely be charged for that unless an update is required to fix an issue
Idrive recorder won’t be there
There might other minor differences but that’s what I can think of off the top of my head.
If you do have a LCI , ie new lights, the I would expect to have the recorder
Appreciate 0