BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) USF1, in trouble??

02-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

USF1, in trouble??

Ok from several other forums already. The question is, is any of it true, if so, it's not looking good for Bahrain despite repeated verbiage from Pete it will happen:

It got hot in the kitchen for a while because of my posts, but the situation is now so chaotic and the lying taking place borders on complete fraud.

The car is easily 2 months away from being complete--and thats if they had the money and manpower to complete it and they gave decision making to the appropriate people.
Ken couldn't make payroll at the end of January and finally paid everyone 1/2 of what they were owed this past Monday, the 2nd half is promised this Monday--I'm not holding my breath. About 2/3rds of staff are showing up semi-regularly…who can blame them..there is little to work on.

Everything is hand to mouth -- all of the suppliers are on COD terms if they will supply at all. We haven't seen a Cosworth because they still owe 2.5M euros for them. We have no materials to turn into parts--but assumes that we'd have drawings to produce parts from Anderson Jr….another complete incompetent that barely got his High School diploma!

The boys in the carbon shop don't have the drawings or the tooling they need to produce the tub, let alone the entire car. The tub alone is weeks away from being able to send for FIA testing. At least they don't have to worry about making the suspension pieces--they are all going to be crafted from steel! No wheels, tires or brakes are in the shop, the transmission hasn't been seen either.

Poor Pechito…he shows up yesterday and there is no tub for him to sit in or to get a seat fitting in. He's told--"thats what happens when the money comes in late"

Like it's his fault…Peter and Ken are perhaps the worst managers F1 has ever seen. Peter and Ken convince themselves that they are brilliant businessmen, when they don't understand the basics of an org chart, chain of command, delegation of responsibility..not a single person knows their role, responsibility or job function and if they are--they aren't allowed to do it. The basics of management require that in order to make people accountable, they must have the authority and the financial ability to make decisions in their area of responsibility---Ken will have none of that!.

Ken makes every decision himself despite being surrounded by real F1 engineering, production and marketing & communications experts that would do a much better job if left to do it. When challenged on any decision or direction, your job is usually threatened or he leaves for Starbucks to avoid the confrontation. We were all told the team had 3 years funding and Ken professed he wanted to be, "the dumbest guy in the room", nothing could be further from the truth…the whole adventure has been built on one lie after another and tightly controlled by Ken and his flavor-of-the-day believers.

When he can't make payroll…he goes to Daytona to try and drum up money from unsuspecting gentleman racers who think they are "investing" in something…the dream has turned into a con job.

We think Bernie is on to them and Hurley must be at this point too. Any reasonable person could see how mis-managed the whole operation is.

Its all so sad--the opportunity lost, the dream investor scammed….. dream to nightmare due to extreme mismanagement and the egos of K & P.

If the cancer were removed, real management and investment installed-we could make a go of it--but not until Spain……at the earliest.

I can't wait to see what kind witch hunt transpires from this post! Screw them--getting the truth out will hopefully create some transparency to their scheme.

Others at the shop are talking too Motorsport Forums ... 28&page=12

Link here:

Grandprix.com > Discussion Board > View topic - USF1: Crash-Test Dummies, or just DUMMIES?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Saw this one bit further down:

From SpeedTV...

There is also talk that Campos' car constructor Dallara, believed to be already talking with Stefan GP about a deal, may also have commenced negotiations with USF1, at the request of team sponsor Chad Hurley.

If Speed is willing to admit this much, then I'd say that the rumors have got to be pretty accurate. Anyone digging their heels in on this one are likely going to be pretty disappointed come Bahrain. But then miracles do happen...

If it's true that Stephan is willing to buy these cars just to keep them from Campos, I guess one could assume that the negotiations are really with him. After all, the fewer new teams to make the grid, the better his chances of getting a spot; and the better his chances on the track and in sponsor negotiations thereafter.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Do..hot of the press...

F1 teams cannot miss races
February 10, 2010 by joesaward
The FIA says that Formula 1 teams cannot miss any races.

“From a sporting and regulatory point of view, each team that has registered for the championship is obliged to take part in every event of the season. Any failure to take part, even for just one championship event, would constitute an infringement both of the Concorde Agreement and the FIA Regulations” the FIA said in a statement.

The Concorde Agreement apparently has a clause (13.5) which states that if a team has failed to participate in more than three events in the same FIA F1 Championship it is considered to have withdrawn from the championship. This is not apparently a get-out clause, as some have been reading it, as another clause in the agreement (believed to be 4.1) contains an undertaking that each team will participate in every event of the FIA F1 Championship each year for the duration of the term of the agreement. In order to achieve this the cars must be presented for scrutineering and there must be efforts made to ensure that the teams actively take part – on the understanding that they have not been banned; prevented from arriving by genuine force majeure such as war, insurrection, earthquake, riot, fire or flood; or stopped from getting there because of the failure of transportation provided by the commercial rights holder.

Not having the money or not having a finished car is not a good enough excuse, even if a supplier has failed to deliver. However, the three strikes and you are out rule kicks in if a team does fail to make it to each race.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
yermo
You know I am kind of a big deal...
Rep
Drives: 18 m4, 19 x5

This sucks. I didn't have high hopes that they were going to be successful but to not even make it to the grid and to not even have the funding it takes. Part of the blame has to be with the FIA for allowing them onto the grid in the first place. I thought that they had to go through a process to be selected. Sounds like they just showed up with a bunch of papers and charts on how they were going to get it done, without any real assets and prior preparation. That seems so amateur.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yermo View Post
This sucks. I didn't have high hopes that they were going to be successful but to not even make it to the grid and to not even have the funding it takes. Part of the blame has to be with the FIA for allowing them onto the grid in the first place. I thought that they had to go through a process to be selected. Sounds like they just showed up with a bunch of papers and charts on how they were going to get it done, without any real assets and prior preparation. That seems so amateur.
I knew this would be the outcome as soon as I saw the USF1 "tour" that Peter gave to SPEED TV. My bedroom contains more materials and equipment for building an F1 car than they did.

Last edited by KANdaddy; 02-10-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

I think a lot of the blame has to be put squarely on the FIA's shoulders... Not having a concorde agreement with the manufacturers and FOTA until what? June, July was it? and announcing the new teams so late, they barely gave them any time to get ready...
It takes time to start up an F1 team from scratch.. get the funding, design and build the car.... You cannot blame USF1 for not spending the money until they had a confirmed place on the grid, can you? The FIA better allow them to miss a few races.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
You cannot blame USF1 for not spending the money until they had a confirmed place on the grid, can you? The FIA better allow them to miss a few races.
Bro...what are you talking about? They had no money to spend. They came out like they had all funding sewn up from Day 1 and all they had to do was finish designs and build the thing. It's clear that they don't have the proper funding. For shit'ssake they can't even pay for their labor. FIA has zero to do with that.
      02-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
I think a lot of the blame has to be put squarely on the FIA's shoulders... Not having a concorde agreement with the manufacturers and FOTA until what? June, July was it? and announcing the new teams so late, they barely gave them any time to get ready...
It takes time to start up an F1 team from scratch.. get the funding, design and build the car.... You cannot blame USF1 for not spending the money until they had a confirmed place on the grid, can you? The FIA better allow them to miss a few races.
Explain Virgin and Lotus' preparation then. Did they spend millions before knowing whether or not they would even have a place on the grid? No, but they got their funding in place before signing up. USF1 and Campos didn't.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

What gets me is the constant banter from Peter that all is well and they will be in Bahrain if any of the things being said has any half truth to them...it's going to poise a real credibility issue for them in trying to get the $$ to make it...I wish them well, but it's not looking good...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Any more news on USF1?

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Any more news on USF1?
Yes....more evidence that they are seriously committed to winning...Scott Speed is going to drive for them.....

JK
      02-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Yes....more evidence that they are seriously committed to winning...Scott Speed is going to drive for them.....

JK
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Any more news? I think that's the point of the articles...I hope I am wrong, but rumor mill is Hurley is speaking with Dallara. I bet the Russians are on the grid first...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Lopez still thinks he is going to race:
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...953375,00.html
      02-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #15
m3an green
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 OG M3

I can't say I'm surprised. I was really hoping to see an American team race in F1.
      02-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an green View Post
I can't say I'm surprised. I was really hoping to see an American team race in F1.
Yea...I was also hoping to fart $100 bills this year but sometimes you can't make the impossible possible.