BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions M550i choice dilemma

10-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #23
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

If your driving in very wet spray conditions the radar can do that as diet accumulated in the sensor. Been in ireland where it rains a lot I still only get this very rarely and usually due a lot of surface water not actual rain, car and trucks ahead kick up dirty spray.

The flashing lights is the active pedestrian system I believe you can turn it off in iDrive but you will get a yellow circle around your active safety switch beside you hazard light switch. Seems this function may be linked to night vision as I have on my own 2017 530e Do you have night vision?

My car flashes people walking if the pathway is close to the road edge but they usually don't notice as it aims at their lower legs.

QUOTE=boober;28126635]I found two issues. One is when I'm driving and the lights are in auto mode, I see sometimes headlight flashes on pedestrians, for no reason (auto headlight not switched on), second, over 120'ish km/h adaptive cruise control reports that radar is misaligned or dirty and switches off. Anybody?[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 02:34 PM   #24
boober
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3, BMW G30 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
If your driving in very wet spray conditions the radar can do that.

The flashing lights is the active pedestrian system you can turn it off in iDrive. Seems this function may be linked to night vision as I have on my own 2017 530e Do you have night vision?

My car flashes people walking if the pathway is close to the road edge but they usually don't notice as it aims at their lower legs.

QUOTE=boober;28126635]I found two issues. One is when I'm driving and the lights are in auto mode, I see sometimes headlight flashes on pedestrians, for no reason (auto headlight not switched on), second, over 120'ish km/h adaptive cruise control reports that radar is misaligned or dirty and switches off. Anybody?
[/QUOTE]
Thank you! Yeah, I do have a night vision. I think it doesn't flag that low though. About the first issue, it is pretty dry, not a drop of rain.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #25
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep

Did you check if any dirt is on the radar or the camera on the windscreen? Or did you use something like rainX on the windscreen as if it get over the camera area it can cause issues.

Only other thing it could be is it need to be aligned can be done with ISTA or at a BMW dealer in under an hour.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #26
boober
Luxembourg
Rep

I think it may be actually (the light) dynamic marker light from Intelligent Safety feature
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #27
boober
Luxembourg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Did you check if any dirt is on the radar or the camera on the windscreen? Or did you use something like rainX on the windscreen as if it get over the camera area it can cause issues.

Only other thing it could be is it need to be aligned can be done with ISTA or at a BMW dealer in under an hour.
I cleaned the radar and the windscreen, we'll see. I haven't used any water repellent
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #28
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boober View Post
I think it may be actually (the light) dynamic marker light from Intelligent Safety feature

Yep that's the one you can switch it off in idrive.
Appreciate 0