BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions Rear reflector replacement

05-30-2022, 07:40 AM   #1
Danijelb
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d xDrive

Rear reflector replacement

Hi guys, is it possible to replace a broken rear reflector without taking the whole bumper off?

I've attached the image of how the broken one looks. Not sure if I can just force/break it out from outside and then just insert a new one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 08:06 AM   #2
cna90
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 540ix with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danijelb View Post
Hi guys, is it possible to replace a broken rear reflector without taking the whole bumper off?

I've attached the image of how the broken one looks. Not sure if I can just force/break it out from outside and then just insert a new one.
Yeah they should easily come off. You just need a plastic trim tool not to damage the bumper. There are two clips in the back one on each side.
You might be able to fit your hand above the exhaust pipe but And push it out without a trim tool; in case you break the clips and they will fall off from the back.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      05-30-2022, 08:36 AM   #3
Danijelb
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cna90 View Post
Yeah they should easily come off. You just need a plastic trim tool not to damage the bumper. There are two clips in the back one on each side.
You might be able to fit your hand above the exhaust pipe but And push it out without a trim tool; in case you break the clips and they will fall off from the back.
Good to hear, thanks! The new one is arriving tomorrow so I will try.
Appreciate 0