BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos IS, G35, 335i, and Acura tested :)

02-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #23
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
None of the cars in this test are FWD.
Sorry man, not sure where my head was yesterday. I just saw that the OP put Acura in there. There is no Acura in the test, so where it plays in I have no idea.

I wonder how many cars Best Motoring has tested that actually beat the jap car it/they went up against.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #24
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35 View Post
When the bimmer wins, no one says the comparison is biased, and no one would judge the fairness by saying whether the cars have sport or non-sport packages. When any car but bimmer wins, so many "unfair" comments came out. Hahaha........Tell you the truth, E90 is not that dominant like E36 once was, performance-wise or look-wise. IS beats E90 in the looks department, and G35 catches 335i in the performance department, and both offer better value and better reliability.
I'm not sure why people think the G35 "won" this test and the 335i "lost". The 335i had the best lap time, it started in third.

I don't think it was unfair at all, I think the lack of LSD on the 335i (which BMW chose not to add) killed it in the corners, but it still had a better lap time. The current G35 does not "catch" the 335i in performance. It may "approach" it, but there hasn't been a single test anywhere that I can think of there the G35 has a faster sprint time, 1/4 mile time, lap time, slalom time, braking distance... Close? Yep. The same or better? No.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 03:03 AM   #25
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35 View Post
Tell you the truth, E90 is not that dominant like E36 once was, performance-wise or look-wise. IS beats E90 in the looks department, and G35 catches 335i in the performance department, and both offer better value and better reliability.
Neither is Boeing...
Anyway, obviously the looks are personal thing. I really do not like either IS or G35 looks. Generally, none of the latest Japanese impress me -- over designed. I like Bimmer simplicity...

g35 did not catch the 335...therefore, next time better luck... Hmm, didn't we see it before?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #26
kyotousa
Banned
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
i'm not surprised the G35 tied it with the 335, it's no regular G35, it's a type S skyline...and i beleive they are lighter than the G35s we see here...

also, the G35 started in front of the 335...

btw...you can only trust the laptimes, and not the races between all 4 cars together, becuase you can't pass cars that easily unless your car is really that dominant against the rest...

ps. 335 still got the fastest laptimes...
haha you and replicat must be friends.....another bmw fanboy
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43977
Appreciate 0