BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

09-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
acudaf82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3, 2023 BMW M440i

Introducing Sonya

Well....it is finally here! I waited almost 16 weeks for it.....and worth every day.
I took delivery with all of the protector material in place as I like to do my own PDI. I also had to drive the car home about 45 miles and I did not want to risk any damage before I put the clear bra on. It was a long slow drive home!
Attached are a few pics....and the odometer on my drive home!
The first thing I did after taking the plastic off was a good two bucket system wash. Then the following:

Clay bar with Pinnacle Poly Clay - did the entire car two times to make sure it was as clean as possible
Full Polish with Menzerna Super Finish 4500 and a white Lakeside pad. I used my Flex 3401 for this process. The paint was in ok shape but the full polish really brought out the shine and took all the travel grime off the paint.
Then two coats of Wolf Gang paint Sealant
Then one coat of Wolf Gang Fusion wax and one of Pinnacle Sovereign wax. Paint looks freaking AWESOME now.

I will post pics of my build as I get things done. I have already got the windows tinted with Llumar ceramic tint.
I am doing wheels and other cosmetic items both interior and exterior.
I am going on a trip for work, so until I return my Sophia will sit and wait. When I return the plan is:
Install New Vorsteiner rims with custom red caps
RKP Diffuser
CF Shift Knob / CF E Brake
SS M Pedals
Custom red painted side markers (to match rim caps)
Custom Engine cover paint MGM with M logo stripes
Custom red vinyl work on front to match wheel center caps
I still have to detail the interior and touch up the exterior. I will post close up pics of all my new parts and the finished composition.

I want to send a heartfelt shout out to Erik at AutoHaus Frankfurt. He has ordered all of my custom parts as well as getting my custom paint taken care of. He is very professional and this is a TOP notch shop. If you are in the riverside San Diego area and want the best BMW shop around....I HIGHLY recommend Erik. Thanks Erik!
Attached Images

Last edited by acudaf82; 09-29-2015 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: adding pictures
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

If you post a pic you will get more responses
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
qspring
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Congrats! I'm getting mine cleaned up, tinted, and clear bra tomorrow while I go out on a business trip. I'm going a little over board on the protection, but what the hell... I want it to look good for long time.

Love to see some of those pictures though.