BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board OFFICIAL: "Coming 2 America" Amazon Trailer

03-09-2021, 12:01 AM   #45
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Didn't have to read the reviews or watch the trailer, I knew it would suck. The premise of the movie alone should have been obvious that it would not be any good.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:39 AM   #46
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Sucked. Pandering way to much to the left.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-09-2021, 06:38 AM   #47
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I still have an iPhone 7 and I'm perfectly happy with it. What's wrong with me? lol
Not a damn thing! You sir, are the exception! I applaud you for your efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Stupid for the sake of stupid isn't funny to me. That is the category I put Dynamite, Blades of Glory, Step Bros etc...they are just not funny in any way shape or form to me. Coming 2 America was more of a nostalgia trip grown up...I agree it was nowhere near the caliber of the original...never was going to be. But I would watch that over some of those "off beats" ,as you put it, anyday. BUT like I always say, to each their own. I was purely asking for educational purposes. LOL

Interesting. I find those movie way more entertaining than this was. The difference in those movies and this one is look at the level of actors that were in Coming2America. I feel like many of those actors were of a WAY higher caliber than say Will Ferrell, John C. Reily etc. Walk Hard is still one of my favorite movies. Stupid yes, enjoyable....absolutely. It's the lack of an original story line is what bothers me. For example, Anchor Man, I find hilarious. Anchor Man 2, was complete garbage. Why? Because they focused so much on the previous story line, used the same jokes and did the exact same thing Coming2America did as far as using old movie footage. Laziness I tell you. They based their entire audience projection on nothing more than nostalgia. The En Vogue and Salt & Peppa bit.......come on.....f'n garbage. I think they went so hard with nostalgia, that they forgot they were making an actually movie and not a rebooted video scrapbook. Some marketing genius has tapped in to the GenX nostalgia and they are just running wild with it. Case in point, Geico commercials....especially the Tag Team "Scoop There It Is" commercial. The people that enjoyed Coming2America, I'm sure dance around their house when that Geico commercial comes on. Yeah, these are not my people.

I think we should go as far as to start a Movie Sequel thread exploring movies that the sequel wasn't actually complete shite. As I type this, I can't think of a single movie where the sequel was worth a damn.....wait, Police Academy 2 was great!!! (I'm joking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Sucked. Pandering way to much to the left.
I felt the same way. The racist job interview is honestly the deciding point of turning it off.

Last edited by King Rudi; 03-09-2021 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 06:46 AM   #48
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I think this movie definitely had a few humor highs here and there but overall it was so so... definitely did not live up the original and if you kept your eyes open there was a lot of political statements in it. Maybe that's why it currently has a 5.5 on imdb.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-09-2021, 06:48 AM   #49
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Not a damn thing! You sir, are the exception! I applaud you for your efforts.

Interesting. I find those movie way more entertaining than this was. The difference in those movies and this one is look at the level of actors that were in Coming2America. I feel like many of those actors were of a WAY higher caliber than say Will Ferrell, John C. Reily etc. Walk Hard is still one of my favorite movies. Stupid yes, enjoyable....absolutely. It's the lack of an original story line is what bothers me. For example, Anchor Man, I find hilarious. Anchor Man 2, was complete garbage. Why? Because they focused so much on the previous story line, used the same jokes and did the exact same thing Coming2America did as far as using old movie footage. Laziness I tell you. They based their entire audience projection on nothing more than nostalgia. The En Vogue and Salt & Peppa bit.......come on.....f'n garbage. I think they went so hard with nostalgia, that they forgot they were making an actually movie and not a rebooted video scrapbook. Some marketing genius has tapped in to the GenX nostalgia and they are just running wild with it. Case in point, Geico commercials....especially the Tag Team "Scoop There It Is" commercial. The people that enjoyed Coming2America, I'm sure dance around their house when that Geico commercial comes on. Yeah, these are not my people.

I think we should go as far as to start a Movie Sequel thread exploring movies that the sequel wasn't actually complete shite. As I type this, I can't think of a single movie where the sequel was worth a damn.....wait, Police Academy 2 was great!!! (I'm joking)

I felt the same way. The racist job interview is honestly the deciding point of turning it off.
Have you seen Crank 2?

I am not sure if the first one was so ridiculous that the 2nd one had to be better or the 2nd one was so ridiculous that everyone was shocked the 1st one was topped.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #50
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I think this movie definitely had a few humor highs here and there but overall it was so so... definitely did not live up the original and if you kept your eyes open there was a lot of political statements in it. Maybe that's why it currently has a 5.5 on imdb.
Yeeeah....politics in my movies is like bleach in my coffee. Some people might like it, the bleach and coffee people love to dispense it....I'd rather go beat my head into a wall. Gotta love how actors want to shove their agenda down your gullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Have you seen Crank 2?

I am not sure if the first one was so ridiculous that the 2nd one had to be better or the 2nd one was so ridiculous that everyone was shocked the 1st one was topped.
Unfortunately yes.....you are not wrong here.

I had this conversation with someone last week. The girlfriend and I watched Homefront last week. Had never even heard of it. I'm somewhat of a Franco fan and used to really like Jason Statham. I'm talking Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Jason Statham, not Expendables Jason Statham. He's been in a few great movies, but his action hero status has ruined him in my eyes. Homefront is actually an enjoyable watch though.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
ASAP10161.00
      03-09-2021, 10:00 AM   #51
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Speaking of Homefront I cannot understand why Netflix suddenly releases this years old movie on their platform and then it becomes the top viewed selection for a while. Just thought that was really weird. They sometimes release these old movies out of nowhere. Having said that, it was a good movie though. Just sayin'. I thought for a moment when I saw it in the trending list that there was maybe a sequel or something.
Appreciate 0