BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW PGA Championship Tournament Question

07-27-2018, 06:51 AM   #1
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
BMW PGA Championship Tournament Question

I Hope this is allowed, not sure where else to place this?

I am hoping to get tickets to the BMW PGA Championship here in Newtown Sq. PA for my father in law and myself. Has anyone been to these? It looks like BMW owners get free "special parking" and access to an owners lounge. Do you have to have a BMW to park in the BMW parking area or is it registration based off your VIN?

It says to gain access to the owners lounge that you need an appropriate BMW key. Will any key do or does it need to be a "higher end model"?

I wont take delivery of my car until September 17th so I wont have it in time, but I could always borrow my dads M2.

Im just trying to figure out the logistics, or if it even matters? I assume just a general admission is fine? Also, Being that this is before I take delivery, they wouldn't happen to hand out coupons like the do at the UDEs? Thanks!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
cj98
Rep
Drives: 335d

On the website, I believe there has been a phone number or email address you can contact to ask. You could also ask them or your dealer if they can get you tickets under your circumstances.

I can't speak if this is the same across the country, but in Chicago for the parking lot my recollection has been that those directing traffic around the venue will allow/direct anyone driving a BMW into the lot. I think they have general instructions to restrict it to those driving BMWs.

With the key it shouldn't matter what model. At some point they want you to register to get into the tent. They've had a BMW entrance alongside the general public entrance where you do this (and maybe also possibly at the owner's lounge tent). It might have been a bit easier having a key fob versus older plain keys as they read in your car info.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #3
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
When the FedEx Championship event comes to the NY Metro area the parking attendants steer BMWs to their own VIP-style lot that is very close to the entrance. The other perk is BMWs don't have to pay for parking. Once inside the event you just show any BMW key to gain entrance to their lounge. I'd also suggest you bring a MasterCard credit card as there is usually a lounge for MasterCard holders too.