BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion ▀▄ eas Photoshoot | Berk Technolgy 135i

03-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
anthony @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: R56 Cooper S

▀▄ eas Photoshoot | Berk Technolgy 135i

Look what came by our shop yesterday:

Wallpaper

1280 x 1024
1600 x 1200
1680 x 1050
1920 x 1200
2560 x 1600
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

rusty part + bad sticker placement = crap, other than that, it looks awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

looks good

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great photos, and congrats to Berk on the 1st place street rwd finish at RTA!
      04-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
GIAC custom software-tuned BMW 135i wins first place in the Redline Time Attack

Date: 04/1/2010

Berk Technology's BMW 135i with GIAC custom software won first for the Street Tire RWD class, a new class track record and a new track record for a BMW 135i in the 2010 Redline Time Attack at Buttonwillow Raceway Park on Sunday. The Berk entry had a fast lap time of 1:58.839 and was the only one to break the 2:00.000 barrier. This car definitely started the season right with a year's worth of preparation from the Berk crew, a great driver (Mike Bonanni) and 100 additional horsepower by way of the GIAC custom ECU tune and an AEM Electronics methanol injection system. The Berk Technology team is looking forward to great racing season. The only other BMW 135i in competition, also with custom GIAC software tune, came through with a 2nd place finish by way of VJ Mirzayan driving the Evolution Racewerks BMW 135i to a 2:00.520 lap time. More information on the Evolution Racewerks 135i to come.

Here is Berk Technology's official press release:
Record Breaking Weekend for the Berk Technology Time Attack Team! Santa Ana, CA, March 29, 2010: The Berk Technology team emerges victorious with a 1st Place Finish, Class Record, and personal best at the Redline Time Attack season opener event held at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. In the offseason the Berk Technology crew worked tirelessly to bring some minor but crucial improvements to their BMW 135i track machine. Their work would be given the ultimate litmus test among a sea of over 93 competitors at the Redline Time Attack Season Opener. The car was performing great during Saturday practice but with the timing system down during Saturday practice the team had to go by the seat of the pants to gauge the improvements. The Hankook RS3 tires were performing very well and the car was just launching out of corners with the new OS Giken Super Lock LSD and the 100 more horsepower by way of a GIAC ECU Re-Flash and AEM Electronics methanol injection system. The KW Variant 3 coilovers and Velocity Motorcars suspension arms were keeping the suspension compliant through the turns and the APR Performance rear wing and front splitter helped keep the car planted through turns.

Armed with a fresh set of Hankook tires mounted to the APEX wheels the team headed into the qualifying rounds hopeful but cautious as the competition was also making changes to better their times. After making a few dampening adjustments based on Saturday's testing driver Mike Bonanni headed out on track to get his first qualifying time. Mike came in with a qualifying time of 1:59.319 which was a full two seconds faster than our car had ever gone around Buttonwillow Raceway and was good enough for the pole position in the Street Tire RWD class!

We had slapped a fresh set of Hankook RS3 tires on the car for the first round of the time attack, however the track temperature had risen tremendously since the morning practice session making for a very slick track surface. With the slippery track conditions we weren't sure if we would be able to beat our morning practice session time. Bonanni took to the track for the first time attack competition round and right out of the gate he set a blazing fast lap time of 1:58.839 setting a new track record for the Redline Time Attack Street Tire RWD class! At the end of the first round, we were the only Street Tire Class RWD car to break the 2:00.000 barrier putting us in 1st place heading into the second and final round. That lap time also moved us up to 1st place overall in the Street Tire Class heading into round #2! Track conditions continued to deteriorate into Round 2 and the Berk Technology team was not able to better their time but was easily able to hold onto the 1st place win and the Redline Street RWD Class Record.

"As the driver, I have the easy job. The crew at Berk Technology who spent countless hours working on the car and our incredible sponsors are who really made this possible." - Mike Bonanni

We could not be happier with the results and are extremely excited to kick off this 2010 with a bang! We would like to thank all of our sponsors who helped us make the right improvements to the car to get it to the top of the podium and in the record books:

AEM Electronics, APEX Wheels, APR Performance, DRIFTENVY Clothing, GIAC, KW Suspension, OS Giken, Rotora Brakes, SEIBON Carbon, Velocity Motorcars, VFiber, and Vivid Racing

And a special thank you to Hankook Tire for your support over the weekend! Be sure to route for Berk Technology at Round #2 of the 2010 Redline Time Attack Series held at Las Vegas Motor Speedway April 24th & 25th!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0