BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #5589
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I met the Australian goddess for happy hour yesterday at an upscale watering hole in the CBD. She was on time. Big points. She gave me a big hug and a peck on the cheek. (My face, UncleWede She was wearing a miniskirt and low cut top which was very flattering. Very nice legs and in a nice pair of heels. Her hair is dirty blonde and looked great and she had a nice smile.

We both ordered a Tito's and tonic, sat at a side table and started conversing firstly about both of us being relieved that we actually looked like our pictures and secondly didn't seem to be psychopaths. As we are chatting she was the first to break the touch barrier and put her hands on my leg as we were laughing about some of our mutually held dating disasters.

Waitress comes, we order food and continue talking. She brings up that she showed her friends and daughters my picture and all of them thought I was foreign and lying to her about my ancestry. Lol. I told her it happens all the time...no big deal. More small talk about cars...she is a former AMG owner, and mutual casual touching. Food arrives and she serves my plate for me as I order another round of drinks.

We continue talking during the meal and at about 7:30, or so I let her know that I need to depart. We both agreed to meet again on Saturday. I clear the bill ($46.00...I love happy hour.) and she grabs my hand as we walk to the elevator in order to exit. She couldn't find the button and I hit it, the elevator comes and we board it. She hits the down button and looks at my lips, smiling so I go in for a kiss as we are descending. She kisses back hard and we keep going until the car stops. The elderly couple was mortified. (Just kidding)

We exit the car, walking hand in hand up the ramp, I open the door for her and she says, "I parked near what I think is your car." She did. She drove an X3 and I was in a 5 series loaner from the dealership. We talked for a few more minutes, made loose plans for Saturday and kissed again. I closed her door, waved goodbye and went to my car and departed.

A good, normal date. What a relief.
Well done.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #5590
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I love how it you mentioned about it being a relief since it was a 'nice, normal date'. All dates should be this way, but welcome to an era where most aren't.

Wishing you the best on her!
Thank you, sir.

We are indeed in that era where normalcy is now abnormal. I'm taking this one day at a time with no expectations.

I have a date tomorrow with the ex-cheerleader whom I've been hanging out with for the past month. Again, no expectations on either of our part. We are free to come and go as we please and no pressure. If something develops that we both agree with, we can move forward from there.

I suggest you and anyone that is dating take that approach. Think of yourself as an F-14 which can track up to 24 targets and engage any 6 of them at your choice. Be open and flexible while retaining the ability to walk away at any time. Though this isn't and shouldn't be about power, the power dynamic is always present in any human interactions and, IMHO, the person with the ability to walk away retains the most power.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 6
Rmtt8206.00
premier3is1627.00
vreihen1614882.00
      02-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #5591
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It's not only nice. More importantly, it's honest. I do enjoy getting to know someone, if they're a good conversation partner and we have some things in common to talk about. If it turns out that we don't work as a romantic couple, I've lost nothing. I'm not hurt by it and I don't need the other person to hurt either. Inflicting pain on the way out accomplishes nothing, in my view of the world.

Get yourself to a point where it doesn't hurt if it doesn't work out, and the whole "eye for an eye" attitude will vanish.
True, there is a definite difference between being a good guy who is confident and someone who is just an asshole. Obviously there is proper etiquette based on the circumstances.

If she meets up in person and says this won't work out, then you can politely say "I'm sorry you feel that way" and move on. Same with through text if it is early on.

If they string you along or it's after several dates and suddenly out of the blue they say this, then no, I don't have any motivation to be overly nice. There is a definite line between being overly nice, and just being confident and taking the high road.

Never burn bridges though, as you never know what could happen in the future and where your paths may cross.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
      02-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #5592
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Well done.
Thank you, sir!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #5593
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you, sir.

We are indeed in that era where normalcy is now abnormal. I'm taking this one day at a time with no expectations.

I have a date tomorrow with the ex-cheerleader whom I've been hanging out with for the past month. Again, no expectations on either of our part. We are free to come and go as we please and no pressure. If something develops that we both agree with, we can move forward from there.

I suggest you and anyone that is dating take that approach. Think of yourself as an F-14 which can track up to 24 targets and engage any 6 of them at your choice. Be open and flexible while retaining the ability to walk away at any time. Though this isn't and shouldn't be about power, the power dynamic is always present in any human interactions and, IMHO, the person with the ability to walk away retains the most power.

Cheers-mk
I now identify as an F-14.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34171.50
Rmtt8206.00
vreihen1614882.00
      02-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #5594
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
It's one of the great paradoxes of the universe; the more ready and eager you are, the less interest you get.
Needs to change. It's counter-productive.

Quote:
It's also good to remember that in any relationship, the party that demonstrates the least interest has the most control.
Then it's just FWB or F buddies, not a relationship.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #5595
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you, sir.

Cheers-mk
Sounds like you're going out with a friend, not on a date.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #5596
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I now identify as an F-14.
It's a good way to go through life. Even though parts are hell to get now!!
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614882.00
      02-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #5597
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
It happens when you're not looking for it and when you least expect it.
False cliche
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #5598
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Sounds like you're going out with a friend, not on a date.
I'm friends with everyone I date. Prerequisite. If I don't like her, I won't date her...no matter how hot. I've dumped 10's and 11's because they were toxic, needy, gold-diggery, etc.
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
      02-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #5599
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I guess I was jaded when I started dating again. I wasn't ever planning on getting married and wasn't looking for anything serious.

I did that for almost 7 years before one popped up that I could really relate to...so it took me by surprise.
I've been jaded for years as well. Probably started after the last long term one (3+ years) blindsided me with her exit from the relationship. It's been a shit show of 99.9% worthless cunts out there since. Sometimes, I'll meet a nice person, but they bring nothing of real value to the relationship game or they end up being nutso.

I expect nothing anymore & just focus on getting laid at this point.

Occasionally, one will hang around for a few months then it ends b/c she was only FWB to me or she finally let her true ahole or crazy out.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #5600
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm friends with everyone I date. Prerequisite. If I don't like her, I won't date her...no matter how hot. I've dumped 10's and 11's because they were toxic, needy, gold-diggery, etc.
You don't have to date em to just fuck em.

#1stworldproblems
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #5601
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
You don't have to date em to just fuck em.

#1stworldproblems
I have an FWB whom I am actual friends with, as well. If I'm not dating anyone seriously, I just call her up for...stress relief.
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #5602
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
I've been jaded for years as well. Probably started after the last long term one (3+ years) blindsided me with her exit from the relationship.
Boom, that explains your current demeanor towards women. I'm genuinely sorry that you had someone do that to you, and I hope that someday you can move past that and get back to where you once were. BTDT. Be careful out there man, seriously.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34171.50
UncleWede17872.50
      02-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #5603
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I love how it you mentioned about it being a relief since it was a 'nice, normal date'. All dates should be this way, but welcome to an era where most aren't.

Wishing you the best on her!
Thank you, sir.

Cheers-mk
Thanks. I actually had another date lined up for next week with another girl I met. Not really a fan of her, she look OK on her pics and can't hold a convo for shit, better yet engage in one. Would just go and try to bang her anyways. Was just talking to her to keep options open as people suggested lol, since I thought things would work out well between me and the girl who stringed me along :/

Not sure if I want to go next week anymore tbh man.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #5604
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks. I actually had another date lined up for next week with another girl I met. Not really a fan of her, she look OK on her pics and can't hold a convo for shit, better yet engage in one. Would just go and try to bang her anyways. Was just talking to her to keep options open as people suggested lol, since I thought things would work out well between me and the girl who stringed me along :/

If you aren't feeling it, don't go. Listen to your instincts about this. Your subconscious knows what you want more than your conscious mind. Listen to your gut and your instincts. It will save you a lot of trouble.

Good luck-mk
Appreciate 3
premier3is1627.00
Rmtt8206.00
      02-13-2020, 11:13 AM   #5605
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:

If you aren't feeling it, don't go. Listen to your instincts about this. Your subconscious knows what you want more than your conscious mind. Listen to your gut and your instincts. It will save you a lot of trouble.

Good luck-mk
Agreed. I'm sure FuriouslyFast will jump in and disagree and tell me to go bang her and bounce lol! As indeed I should
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 11:13 AM   #5606
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Doing it wrong. I use my pool table & air hockey table as my gimmick for those types. If they don't wanna come to my place, I move on. Not interested in leaving my home for that bs.

Also, pics?
Appreciate 1
premier3is1627.00
      02-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #5607
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
+1 for mandatory friendship

I want to hang out with friends, or if they're not a friend yet then they have to at least be friendly. If I wouldn't want them as a friend, then I don't want to date them either.

And if they're not friendly, they don't get to meet The Legend.
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #5608
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
+1 for mandatory friendship

I want to hang out with friends, or if they're not a friend yet then they have to at least be friendly. If I wouldn't want them as a friend, then I don't want to date them either.

And if they're not friendly, they don't get to meet The Legend.
I'm not understanding why you guys have to be friends with someone you just see for sex. Do it & send her home or leave if you're at her place.

Not everyone is going to be or has to be your "friend" Based on this thread, we all know most of them are mindless cunts anyway. Is that the kind of friend you need?

Now, I am obviously not including women you view as LTR material or go out & do fun stuff with.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #5609
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Who says "locker room" talk doesn't exist??????
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #5610
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not understanding why you guys have to be friends with someone you just see for sex. Do it & send her home or leave if you're at her place.

Not everyone is going to be or has to be your "friend" Based on this thread, we all know most of them are mindless cunts anyway. Is that the kind of friend you need?

Now, I am obviously not including women you view as LTR material or go out & do fun stuff with.
I got my share of casual sex in the '80s and '90s. I played in bands in the bars around the Midwest, and took advantage of the various social opportunities that came my way. But I was drunk most of the time, so I was numb to the pointlessness of it all. I just can't do it now. I don't have any moral objection to it, it just stopped being fun or exciting a long time ago.