BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery M550i ordered

04-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #67
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
6 days is long enough
We need to all get on the boat.

Could you send me the link for the camera. I had one before but it's not working
Yes, we do...

Here's the link:

https://www.blg-logistics.com/en/contact/webcams

Definitely a few rows are empty since earlier this AM...
      04-22-2019, 06:57 PM   #68
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Quote:
6 days is long enough
We need to all get on the boat.

Could you send me the link for the camera. I had one before but it's not working
Yes, we do...

Here's the link:

https://www.blg-logistics.com/en/contact/webcams

Definitely a few rows are empty since earlier this AM...
Thank you!

Yeah I checked online and no change of status.
I also called BMW genious and they said my car is not assigned to a vessel.

Most likely I missed out on the ship, next one is on 4/26/19, that would be 21 days at port if I make that date.

Really disappointed right now. I guess it is what it is
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 07:11 PM   #69
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you!

Yeah I checked online and no change of status.
I also called BMW genious and they said my car is not assigned to a vessel.

Most likely I missed out on the ship, next one is on 4/26/19, that would be 21 days at port if I make that date.

Really disappointed right now. I guess it is what it is
Same here... Maybe we'll both get on the 4/26 ship...

Stopped by my dealer today and talked to my SA. He said he's got two other customers that have been at port since 4/8 and 4/10. So we aren't alone... misery loves company...
      04-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #70
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

I have realized that BMW Genius is not anymore helpful than using the online tracker. At least that has been my experience.
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
      04-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #71
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittalfdk View Post
I have realized that BMW Genius is not anymore helpful than using the online tracker. At least that has been my experience.
I was really thinking the same thing. In a way, I hope it's true, I might still have a chance of being on a ship
Could be wishful thinking lol
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #72
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was really thinking the same thing. In a way, I hope it's true, I might still have a chance of being on a ship
Could be wishful thinking lol
So now it is confirmed that BMW genious is the exact same as looking your status up online.

Called the GM from my dealership today to give it one last shot and see if anything happened with my car.

I found out that my car did in fact make the ship and was loaded on 4/18/19!!

Now I just need to start figuring out how to track this ship and my car
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      04-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #73
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So now it is confirmed that BMW genious is the exact same as looking your status up online.

Called the GM from my dealership today to give it one last shot and see if anything happened with my car.

That's AWESOME!! I'm happy for you. May I ask what ship you got on? As I'll be calling my dealer right away to see if mine made it on that one.

They (Genius) should be able to give you ship name and bill of lading. With that you can track the ship on marinetraffic or fleetmon, and if it's a WW ship, you can verify it's actually on the ship via the bill of lading.
MoeMo87183.50
      04-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #74
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

Fantastic news!!! So it did end up like mine, where the loading date was a few days prior to the status update changing.
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-23-2019, 12:10 PM   #75
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastula View Post
Quote:

Fantastic news!!! So it did end up like mine, where the loading date was a few days prior to the status update changing.
Honestly the best news!
Yes, very similar situation as yours with the delay. I was a bit surprised that my car loaded on 4/18/19, since that would make it a 5 day delay for an updated status. I was expecting the 20th but I'm not complaining

I haven't got a chance to look into the details and tracking yet but my GM said that the ship will reach Baltimore on the 30th. That doesn't really match up to any of the timelines that were given.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #76
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's AWESOME!! I'm happy for you. May I ask what ship you got on? As I'll be calling my dealer right away to see if mine made it on that one.

They (Genius) should be able to give you ship name and bill of lading. With that you can track the ship on marinetraffic or fleetmon, and if it's a WW ship, you can verify it's actually on the ship via the bill of lading.
So under shipping info, I got GLOVIS.
For the vessel, it's GRAND DHALIA.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #77
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is this looking at online info or this is what your dealer or BMW genius told you?

Has your status updated online?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #78
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is this looking at online info or this is what your dealer or BMW genius told you?

Has your status updated online?
This is from this info the GM from my dealership sent me.

I just checked now and my status has been updated to "in transit". However, it was not updated earlier.
Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50
      04-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #79
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

That is great news!
I found this link quite helpful for info on how to track the ship:
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1315141

I liked myshiptracking.com to get "realtime" position updates. But marinetraffic.com seemed to update more consistently--often the myshiptracking site wouldn't have updates for a few days, but marine traffic would. Another option is to do the 14 day free trial at fleetmon.com which would also give satellite tracking (I did not do this).
If your car is on the Grand Dahlia, it left Bremerhaven on Apr 18 and is due in Baltimore on Apr 30, seems to be going straight there! Mine took the scenic route--Bremerhaven to France, Martinique, Florida, finally Baltimore after about 3 weeks
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #80
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Despite the name, that's an MOL ship as far as I can tell. Work blocks their site for some odd reason but I think it's voyage 0065A

When I get home I'll see what I can find.

I have my dealer looking into mine as well.

And talk about a scare... wife texts me pics of letters we both got from dealer saying our financing was declined!

I called immediately and it turns out it's an automated letter that can get sent out if the car isn't picked up within 30 days of the approval. But usually they can mark the car sold in the system so the letters don't go out. Well, apparently a system upgrade broke that, and so a few letter went out. We are all good, and approval is good. But wow, talk about a heart attack!!

Thanks for letting me vent!
      04-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #81
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niju321 View Post
That is great news!
I found this link quite helpful for info on how to track the ship:
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1315141

I liked myshiptracking.com to get "realtime" position updates. But marinetraffic.com seemed to update more consistently--often the myshiptracking site wouldn't have updates for a few days, but marine traffic would. Another option is to do the 14 day free trial at fleetmon.com which would also give satellite tracking (I did not do this).
If your car is on the Grand Dahlia, it left Bremerhaven on Apr 18 and is due in Baltimore on Apr 30, seems to be going straight there! Mine took the scenic route--Bremerhaven to France, Martinique, Florida, finally Baltimore after about 3 weeks
Thank you for all that information. I tried using both websites but I'm having trouble really figuring it out.

How were you able to see that it left on 4/18 and reaching Baltimore directly on 4/30?

I don't know what I'm missing or doing incorrect
Appreciate 1
niju32183.50
      04-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #82
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Despite the name, that's an MOL ship as far as I can tell. Work blocks their site for some odd reason but I think it's voyage 0065A

When I get home I'll see what I can find.

I have my dealer looking into mine as well.

And talk about a scare... wife texts me pics of letters we both got from dealer saying our financing was declined!

I called immediately and it turns out it's an automated letter that can get sent out if the car isn't picked up within 30 days of the approval. But usually they can mark the car sold in the system so the letters don't go out. Well, apparently a system upgrade broke that, and so a few letter went out. We are all good, and approval is good. But wow, talk about a heart attack!!

Thanks for letting me vent!
I would have had an MI and a stroke!! Good news that it was just a false alarm
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #83
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
Thank you for all that information. I tried using both websites but I'm having trouble really figuring it out.

How were you able to see that it left on 4/18 and reaching Baltimore directly on 4/30?

Try this link https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=355222000
There should be a search bar on each website where you can type in the name of your ship
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #84
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niju321 View Post
Quote:

Try this link https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=355222000
There should be a search bar on each website where you can type in the name of your ship
Thanks a bunch! I found it from the link you sent me
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #85
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I checked on marinetraffic.com and the ETA on this website says 4/29/19. I wonder which one is more accurate? [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #86
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
I checked on marinetraffic.com and the ETA on this website says 4/29/19. I wonder which one is more accurate? [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
I have been tracking my ship which left on 4/5.
Original ETA into Brunswick was 4/20. When it left Southampton, it showed an ETA into Baltimore of 4/19, and Brunswick on 4/20.
Then it showed 4/20 into Baltimore. About a week later it was 4/22.
It finally arrived in Baltimore today (4/23). It is now estimated into Brunswick on 4/26. 6 days later than originally scheduled.
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #87
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone else have any luck? I found out on 23rd that my car loaded on the 18th which was about a 5 day delay in reporting.

There was a vessel that was there on the 20th, so it's possible that your guys car may have loaded on that and just needs to be updated on status.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #88
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anyone else have any luck? I found out on 23rd that my car loaded on the 18th which was about a 5 day delay in reporting.

There was a vessel that was there on the 20th, so it's possible that your guys car may have loaded on that and just needs to be updated on status.
In those 5 days of delay, did you have any contact with BMW genius?
Appreciate 0