BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery M550i ordered

04-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #89
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittalfdk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Anyone else have any luck? I found out on 23rd that my car loaded on the 18th which was about a 5 day delay in reporting.

There was a vessel that was there on the 20th, so it's possible that your guys car may have loaded on that and just needs to be updated on status.
In those 5 days of delay, did you have any contact with BMW genius?
Yes every single day and each time they told me that " my car is at the port and is not yet assigned to a vessel".
Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50
      04-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #90
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else have any luck? I found out on 23rd that my car loaded on the 18th which was about a 5 day delay in reporting.

There was a vessel that was there on the 20th, so it's possible that your guys car may have loaded on that and just needs to be updated on status.
Yes every single day and each time they told me that " my car is at the port and is not yet assigned to a vessel".
That is just wrong!
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-24-2019, 02:41 PM   #91
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
That is just wrong!
Same thing they keep telling me, as recently as two hours ago.

No word yet from dealer...

I doubt mine is on the Dahlia... If I was I'd think it would have updated by now.

So now next ships are 24, 26, 29 and 30... All I can say is if it doesn't get on one of those, I'll probably have no hair left...
      04-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #92
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is just wrong!
It was definitely unnecessary stress which could have been prevented with a simple update.

To make matters worse, after they told me that my car is still at port waiting for a vessel assignment, I would ask them if it's possible that it may be on a ship and they just have a delay in their system. They told me that they get a update the same day the assignment takes place. I obviously know that it's not true now.
Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50
      04-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #93
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So how come the dealer is able to give information which BMW genius is unable to? Are they not looking at the same information?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #94
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That is just wrong!
Same thing they keep telling me, as recently as two hours ago.

No word yet from dealer...

I doubt mine is on the Dahlia... If I was I'd think it would have updated by now.

So now next ships are 24, 26, 29 and 30... All I can say is if it doesn't get on one of those, I'll probably have no hair left...
There was another ship that was there on 4/20/19. If there is a 5 day delay like mine, maybe you might get some update on the 25th.
Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50
      04-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #95
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So how come the dealer is able to give information which BMW genius is unable to? Are they not looking at the same information?
Well up until a certain point, both the dealer and genious did not have updates. When I did finally receive an update, the dealership had that information in the morning, the genious and BMWUSA online had it later on during the day.

Also, from what my GM told me is that they have the most updated information because of what they are able to see from their computer.

I saw my GM today since I was turning in my car, I asked him to pull up the status for my car. His update showed that Grand Dhalia is reaching Baltimore on 5/2/19 and not 4/30/19 anymore. Out of curiosity, I might call Bmw genious tomorrow morning and see if they have the same information.
Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50
      04-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #96
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Just read this whole thread and feel for you guys waiting for your cars. There's gotta be a more efficient way to do this from BMWs end. I bought my car Tuesday and the delivery truck should be here tomorrow and I can hardly wait so I can't imagine what you guys are going through.

Make sure and post pictures up when you get it.

And most importantly, enjoy it in good health!

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 3
MoeMo87183.50
niju32184.50
      04-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #97
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
Just read this whole thread and feel for you guys waiting for your cars. There's gotta be a more efficient way to do this from BMWs end. I bought my car Tuesday and the delivery truck should be here tomorrow and I can hardly wait so I can't imagine what you guys are going through.

Congratulations! Post some pics...
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-26-2019, 03:51 PM   #98
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Congrats!! Would love to see some pics

It is definitely tough waiting. The first month I spent all my time reading and watching videos on the car. Half of the 2nd month, I kept my self busy with buying parts that I wanted for my car. I probably ended up buying more than I would have, but it was the only way to keep myself together lol. The last couple weeks might have been the toughest part, when my car was just sitting at the port. I've been living through other forum members that took delievery and posted pictures on here of their new car

When the car finally arrives, I hope that joy and excitement I get will outdo what I've been feeling during this wait.
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #99
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:

Quote:
Congrats!! Would love to see some pics

It is definitely tough waiting. The first month I spent all my time reading and watching videos on the car. Half of the 2nd month, I kept my self busy with buying parts that I wanted for my car. I probably ended up buying more than I would have, but it was the only way to keep myself together lol. The last couple weeks might have been the toughest part, when my car was just sitting at the port. I've been living through other forum members that took delievery and posted pictures on here of their new car

When the car finally arrives, I hope that joy and excitement I get will outdo what I've been feeling during this wait.
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics. I've been doing the same thing--I have a separate set of browser windows with pics that I look at when I get antsy
I'm sure all of these cars will be worth the wait!
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #100
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I got a call from the dealership and was told that the car will be here between 10th & 15th. The system still shows that the car is at the port. They are checking into the details.
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
niju32184.50
      04-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #101
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Quote:
I got a call from the dealership and was told that the car will be here between 10th & 15th. The system still shows that the car is at the port. They are checking into the details.
That's great!!! Wow I hope my car is on same ship! Please update as soon as you hear!!
      04-27-2019, 09:38 PM   #102
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's great!!! Wow I hope my car is on same ship! Please update as soon as you hear!!
That's great news!! We are almost there
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #103
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'll get an update on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 10:07 PM   #104
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'll get an update on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 10:37 AM   #105
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
All right! Almost there
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #106
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

So my ship arrived in Brunswick on Friday.
Saturday it showed still in transit.
I called BMW Genius on Saturday morning and they said “well the ship left on the 5th and it was estimated to take 20 days. It looks like it is delayed”. She had no idea it was already at the port. When I told her I was tracking the ship and it arrived, she said oh ok, well once they unload it the status should update. Call back on Monday and we should have more info. It is now showing “at the port”.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #107
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
So my ship arrived in Brunswick on Friday.
Saturday it showed still in transit.
I called BMW Genius on Saturday morning and they said “well the ship left on the 5th and it was estimated to take 20 days. It looks like it is delayed”. She had no idea it was already at the port. When I told her I was tracking the ship and it arrived, she said oh ok, well once they unload it the status should update. Call back on Monday and we should have more info. It is now showing “at the port”.
I have a feeling that BMW genius can give us more information and they are choosing to not do it. May be a cost cutting initiative as they don't want people like us calling them all the time. They reduce utility of a service, that leads to lower utilization. Makes sense but didn't expect that from a brand that stands for luxury.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #108
Old Boy
Oberstabsgefreiter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xdrive

I feel tracking the delivery progress in too much detail, such as nautical mile by mile of Ro-Ro ships, increases the wait anxiety.
I for one will never custom order a European car again......the delivery time is very long and boring. Next time gotta find something off a dealer's new car lot, without being too fussy about minutia such as a "perfect" trim/seat colour coordination etc.

So far the dealer has communicated to us two actual milestones and one final target delivery date (TDD) for our 2019 M550i.

* Awaiting transport (Somewhere in Germany ? That meant little.)
* Unloaded in Halifax Autoport, Canada (Apr.18, 2019)
* TDD May 10, 2019.

That looks like it will take three weeks from Halifax to Toronto probably by rail.
(The fastest passenger train connection Halifax-Toronto takes about 28 hrs.)

Last edited by Old Boy; 04-28-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #109
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
I feel tracking the delivery progress in too much detail, such as nautical mile by mile of Ro-Ro ships, increases the wait anxiety.
I for one will never custom order a European car again......the delivery time is very long and boring. Next time gotta find something off a dealer's new car lot, without being too fussy about minutia such as a "perfect" trim/seat colour coordination etc.
I hear you! The problem with BMWs is that there are endless combinations of color coordination, packages and options. And as far as M550s there are not that many available on dealer lots, at least from what I have seen near me. Of the 3 dealership lots I visited, I have seen maybe 6 M550s in the last 4 months. The only one which wasn't black on black was a customer ordered car which they decided not to take delivery of.

As for me, if I am going to spend this much money on a car and I have the option to get exactly what I want, I will custom order it, unless I need a vehicle ASAP. And I usually keep my cars long term.

Anyway, congrats on the new car and enjoy it! My M550 got off the boat this weekend so should be here soon as well.

Appreciate 1
Mittalfdk113.50
      04-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #110
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My dealership has not been able to get me an update yet!

The website & BMW Genius continues to show that my car is at the port in Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 0