BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis RDCi NO RECEPTION - UKNOWN POSITION TPMS MALFUNCTION

11-29-2022, 01:14 AM   #1
surfboys
Registered
Rep
Drives: G30

RDCi NO RECEPTION - UKNOWN POSITION TPMS MALFUNCTION

Good day. I have a 2020 G30 With 60,000 miles on it. I have had several errors that the dealer has fixed. However, I have a number of RDCi errors that deal with the TPMS.

I replaced all 4 TPMS sensors in the tires twice. The first new set I placed in the tires and BMW Riverside, CA stated that they can see the sensors on the scanner meaning the batteries are GOOD. But, the car would not hold the setting...the computer.

So, they suggested that I go to tire company and have them take a look. The car has had no issues with the TPMS sensors since the car had new tires and wheels placed on it for the past year and a half.

The issue arrose about four weeks ago. I returned to tire and wheel shop and we were able to speak to Shrader the manufacturer of the TPMS sensors. They statated that the TPMS sensors that I purchased were the correct 433 mhz for the car. I asked if there was a diffrent brand that could also go on the car. They stated there was and I bought them as well and had them placed on the car. They too were programed and the hand scanner can see the TPMS sensors on all four wheels. But, the car could not hold the or place the right temp and pressure on the iDrive.

Sharader then stated that it was the RDCi Module Reciever that needed to be replaced. OK. No problem. Will do.

But, I wanted more expert opinions to see if a local tire shop could replace the module and where is it located? What is the part number for this and so forth.

HERE ARE THE CODES from my scanner that I pulled once I was able to really take a look.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE LOCATION OF ALL PARTS NEEDED. ANTENNA, RDCi MODULE AND OTHER ITEMS I COULD NOT FIND. THANK YOU

ALL PICTURES ARE LOCATED IN THIS LINK BELOW OF CAR AND MORE SCANNER CODES. THANKS AGAIN. BRIAN

https://cobaltsteeltransport.com/bmw-530e-1

Appreciate 0