BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications How to insure Bootmod3 (UK)?

04-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
Jams_123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i (G30)

How to insure Bootmod3 (UK)?

Evening all,

Just curious if anyone in the UK has declared Bootmod3 upgrade to their insurance company?

I'm with Admiral and they would cover MPPSK as it was <12% power gain and it was guaranteed by BMW.

In theory they will cover up to a 30% power increase so long as it's guaranteed by BMW.

How are other people managing this?

Many thanks

J
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #2
brokeboi
Private
Rep
Drives: F90

We keep our mouth shut and pray to god that nothing bad happpens.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 08:54 AM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

That a hell of a risk to take in my opinion.

Each to their own of course.

When I bought my g30 I had to list all of the option I had on the car over and above base spec. Although the person on the other end of the phone didn't know anything about cars in the slightest (why????!!!) for example when I said adaptive headlights the closest she could put down was rally spot lights! No that's not what I have ffs!

I would though specify it I suspect the extra probably isn't that much more and if you are involved in a shunt if there is any query about the car for whatever reason and it comes to light that it's modified then the insurance company may well refuse to pay out.

As I say just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 03:39 AM   #4
Jams_123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i (G30)

Yep, have to agree. It's just not worth it in a £30K car, let alone what you hit and if the person in that car is injured.

About a 20% power increase for a few hundred £ is VERY tempting, but want to make sure I'm properly covered.

That being said, I've driven about 5 miles in the past 6 weeks due to the lockdown, so it's not top priority right now!
Appreciate 1