E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Toronto area dealers

12-29-2006, 08:09 PM   #23
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 TiAg 328i e90

I leased from BMW Autohaus on Steeles, west of Yonge, in Thornhill.

My CA turned out to be great. Maybe I got lucky, but I'm glad I did. Now, I haven't picked up my car yet (tomorrow!!), but so far so good. I was soo worried about dealing with swine. I went to an Infiniti dealership ( :noflame: ) and the guy was staring me down from beyond my shoulder as I perused a brochure. I didn't know if he was sizing up my wallet or my ass :mad:. I left shortly thereafter.

If anyone goes to Autohaus to buy/lease, ask for Keyhan. He's been mentioned on this site before, and I saw that post after I already met with him and realized I got a good rep. That was nice.

I'm confident he can get me excellent service out of the service dept., if it isn't a given. Hopefully I never need to find out!

H

Step | Sport | Premium | Black Leatherette | Brushed Aluminum Trim | Comfort Access | Adaptive Bi-Xenons | Chrome Kidneys | 30% Tint | OEM Alarm
Summers: Stock 161 runflat setup; Winters: M5 reps on Dunlop Wintersport M3 DSST

Last edited by Herc; 12-29-2006 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #24
mrtesting
Happiness is the corner, Turn!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

BMW Toronto I have been very happy with, haven't had any issues with them, considering that BMW Toronto is actually owned by BMW in Germany and even their managers are from Germany, so you get European type service.

Town+Country is good as well, hadn't had any problems with them. Good customer care and their service is really good.

Autohaus... May god be with you if you deal with them! AWFUL AWFUL service, Rude customer service, bitchy attitude. I live near there, but I would rather have my car be broken than those bastard touch my car. I don't even understand why they are still in business!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #25
DowntownBMW
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtesting
BMW Toronto I have been very happy with, haven't had any issues with them, considering that BMW Toronto is actually owned by BMW in Germany and even their managers are from Germany, so you get European type service.

Town+Country is good as well, hadn't had any problems with them. Good customer care and their service is really good.

Autohaus... May god be with you if you deal with them! AWFUL AWFUL service, Rude customer service, bitchy attitude. I live near there, but I would rather have my car be broken than those bastard touch my car. I don't even understand why they are still in business!
bmw toronto is the corporate store...
service and attitude should be exemplary without exceptions..
unfortunately, that is not the case here
i havent seen any "european type service" whatever that is!!

im not asking for anything more than being treated as a highly valued client
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #26
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtesting

Ouch... you obviously had some bad experiences there, mrtesting. If you can give me specifics, that might help me decide what I do for service. When did you have your problems? Recently? I'm assuming they can at least change the oil without a problem.

H

Step | Sport | Premium | Black Leatherette | Brushed Aluminum Trim | Comfort Access | Adaptive Bi-Xenons | Chrome Kidneys | 30% Tint | OEM Alarm
Summers: Stock 161 runflat setup; Winters: M5 reps on Dunlop Wintersport M3 DSST
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #27
christyles
Need new project car.
Rep
Drives: E46 '00 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBMW
bmw toronto is the corporate store...
was... if I'm not mistaken. They are now also independant like every other BMW dealership.
      01-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #28
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
I thought the one in Whitby right next to BMW Corporate head office is also owned by BMW Canada? They used to call it the BMW Experience Centre and now BMW of Durham?

I know there will be a new BMW dealership in Ajax soon.
      01-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #29
YYZguy
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1981 View Post
Hey guys, Mississauga BMW all the way. You'll find it hard to believe but I was able to negotiate about $2600.00 off of the asking MSRP. It's all about using the dealerships against eachother. They hate that. I walked into BMW Mississauga, spoke with the salesman, took a test drive and left. I told him I was going to Budds to compare. He called me next day and we scheduled a second appointment. I walked in there with $10,000 cash and made him an offer of 66,000 for the 335i which included black saph, sport package, 19's and dakota leathers. After haggling and negotiating we agreed on $66750.00

Not bad at all! It's amazing what you can get if you negotiate.

Marc
66750$ tax in?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #30
Snecro
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyles View Post
was... if I'm not mistaken. They are now also independant like every other BMW dealership.
I heard that BMW Toronto is still corporate owned , at least when I ordered my car in October 06, but are considering 'options'. Could be diff now though...

And back on topic, I had the best car ordering experience I've had anywhere for any car, while at BMW Toronto (can't speak for service yet). 100000000000000000 times better than Downtown Fine Cars where I purchased my (now traded in) 2006 Audi A4.

And I agree with what the other posters have said, I think the CA is vastly more important than the dealership...
      01-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #31
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGxi View Post
I thought the one in Whitby right next to BMW Corporate head office is also owned by BMW Canada? They used to call it the BMW Experience Centre and now BMW of Durham?

I know there will be a new BMW dealership in Ajax soon.

BMW Experience Centre in Whitby (when it was called that) was a corporate store. When it changed names to BMW Durham it stopped being a corporate store. It is now owned/run by the same people who run/own Parkview BMW. I've also been told that BMW Durham will move to Ajax to a new larger facility. The current location in Whitby I believe will be used for corporate offices/BMW financial but will no longer do sales and service at that location.
      01-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #32
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1981 View Post
Hey guys, Mississauga BMW all the way. You'll find it hard to believe but I was able to negotiate about $2600.00 off of the asking MSRP. It's all about using the dealerships against eachother. They hate that. I walked into BMW Mississauga, spoke with the salesman, took a test drive and left. I told him I was going to Budds to compare. He called me next day and we scheduled a second appointment. I walked in there with $10,000 cash and made him an offer of 66,000 for the 335i which included black saph, sport package, 19's and dakota leathers. After haggling and negotiating we agreed on $66750.00

Not bad at all! It's amazing what you can get if you negotiate.

Marc
That's not a bad deal Marc. I think I Still beat ya

I was able to get 4.3% off the 335 Coupe I can't post where or with who on the forum as the salesman told me not too but if you need his info PM me

I think two other guys from the forum already bought from him.

Last edited by Ado; 02-02-2007 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #33
UP2NOGUD
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Beauty II

Garage List
2004 330CI ZHP  [0.00]
I signed a quote with a sales rep at a BMW dealership a few months back fand gave them a small deposit - am I legally obligated to see that quote out or can I request my deposit be returned and go to another dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #34
Herc
First Bimmer!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP2NOGUD View Post
I signed a quote with a sales rep at a BMW dealership a few months back fand gave them a small deposit - am I legally obligated to see that quote out or can I request my deposit be returned and go to another dealer?
You don't have to buy the car, but getting your deposit back is the question... you need to read the fine print of whatever you signed, or bitch like hell. Here are some links I found through Search to help you (if you haven't found them already), although they're mainly US responses so take this into account, might want to look for more CDN replies....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=deposit+back

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=deposit+back

Good luck!

H

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #35
UP2NOGUD
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Beauty II

Garage List
2004 330CI ZHP  [0.00]
Thanks Herc
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #36
Maxtor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi sedan

I also bought from Downtown BMW and had a great experience. Excellent CA. Numerous test drives on different 3 models over a period of months before I finally decided.

The car has not been delivered yet so no comment on service yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #37
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

I definitely share your opinion in not being treated as a value customer with Downtown (Toronto) BMW. Sure I only have a 3 series, but I expect fair service just as I was a high profile client.

I'm currently looking at other avenues for my new 335i because of a recent poor experience. Feel free to message me your suggestions/sales person.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #38
wkjeepsrt8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

I've been treated very well each time despite NOT being a BMW owner. Actually, it's strange, since my Mini's total price is more than a base 323i. Regardless, any shop would be stupid if they turned people away. Money is money.

My Mini's been there a handful of occasions (mostly for just a simple oil change), but I've been offered large discounts at the gift shop, hassle-free test drives of the E90s, and got to go into the back compound to look at the new R56 Minis.

I'll stay with BMW Toronto when I purchase a 323i/325i/325xi when my R53's lease is up.

It's all relative. If I experienced poor service, I'd be here complaining about them.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #39
selmar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i 2dr MT Sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
BMW Experience Centre in Whitby (when it was called that) was a corporate store. When it changed names to BMW Durham it stopped being a corporate store. It is now owned/run by the same people who run/own Parkview BMW. I've also been told that BMW Durham will move to Ajax to a new larger facility. The current location in Whitby I believe will be used for corporate offices/BMW financial but will no longer do sales and service at that location.
You're right on this. BMW Durham is separating from the Corporate office and will be moving to Salem and the 401 on the south east corner. They want a more visible sales centre separate from the corporate office as most think it's only a corporate office.

BMW Durham's service has been good to me over the last 4 years. Parts department guys are great too. Curteous and usually go the extra mile. But everywhere I've been they follow the rules and it's hard to get them to bend.

2007 335i - 2dr/MT/Sapphire Black/Saddle Brown Dakota/Brushed Aluminum/Sport pkg/19" OEM 230/35% Tint/Clear face mask
Retired: 2004 330Ci - 2dr/MT/Silver Grey/M Sport
Appreciate 0