BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Extended Warranty & Maintenance

08-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Extended Warranty & Maintenance

Are you able to shop around a bit for a deal on extended warranty and maintenance for BMW? I'm moving over from my Mercedes and was able to net a significant savings by purchasing these contracts out of state as there was a good thread over on MB World with dealers that would sell at a better rate.

I didn't locate similar threads here or on the other BMW forum. Is this not something that is possible here?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Are you able to shop around a bit for a deal on extended warranty and maintenance for BMW? I'm moving over from my Mercedes and was able to net a significant savings by purchasing these contracts out of state as there was a good thread over on MB World with dealers that would sell at a better rate.

I didn't locate similar threads here or on the other BMW forum. Is this not something that is possible here?
I assume an actual BMW warranty is probably going to be the same price anywhere. The dealer might drop a little off, but I would not expect much.

You can get the price lower by getting a 3rd party warranty. Of course there can be risk there.

Anyway, before I decided to lease my M5 (and make extended warranty a moot point) the prices I had were $8700 (I think) for the BMW warranty (at 6 years, forget the mileage that wasn't important to me) and like $4700 for the 3rd party warranty, which was 8 years
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #3
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
I assume an actual BMW warranty is probably going to be the same price anywhere. The dealer might drop a little off, but I would not expect much.

You can get the price lower by getting a 3rd party warranty. Of course there can be risk there.

Anyway, before I decided to lease my M5 (and make extended warranty a moot point) the prices I had were $8700 (I think) for the BMW warranty (at 6 years, forget the mileage that wasn't important to me) and like $4700 for the 3rd party warranty, which was 8 years
Interesting. Good to know. I had shaved a good amount off for my MB OEM extended warranties by picking them up from a dealer out of state, but this looks like it won't be an option with BMW.

Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
SoCal540
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post

Interesting. Good to know. I had shaved a good amount off for my MB OEM extended warranties by picking them up from a dealer out of state, but this looks like it won't be an option with BMW.

Thanks for the heads up.
I only purchased one extended warranty from BMW for an '07 550 and I found a dealer who negotiated several hundred off the price. A few other dealers weren't willing to negotiate, they didn't want to be bothered but it's probably worth calling around.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #5
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

If you have GEICO, just use its mechanical breakdown insurance. Much cheaper.
Appreciate 0