BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Is the Executive package worth it? I don't think so.

05-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
Golo2016
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

Is the Executive package worth it? I don't think so.

My 540i x drive, came with the "Executive package" it was the color and combo I wanted, I can't care less about the EP, IMO is not worth the price over the premium package. Or i'm wrong?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #2
IDBGOD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

IMHO, no it's not. Unless you value ceramic controls (not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as the crystal in the X5/X7) and rear window shades for the extra premium

It used to include other things such as soft close doors and laser headlights. Now that it is basically just ceramic controls and the rear shades I don't see it as worth it over premium.

In fact, I originally ordered my car with executive but then realized this and just went premium and threw in the Alcantara headliner instead. That was a better value to me than rear shades lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golo2016 View Post
My 540i x drive, came with the "Executive package" it was the color and combo I wanted, I can't care less about the EP, IMO is not worth the price over the premium package. Or i'm wrong?
Premium bundles everything you really need. I was originally going to get the executive, but got the premium because I get to save $900, and I don't care much for the executive features.