BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions I知 back in a beemer. Cost of extended warranty

11-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Markbebb
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 4d m

I知 back in a beemer. Cost of extended warranty

Hi folks

Having sold my x5 40d 3 months ago, I致e finally found 2018 530d with enough extras on it. It comes with 6 months manufacturer warranty remaining and I知 being offered a 12 month warranty to start after manufacturers expires.

Anyone tell me what you have paid for BMW痴 own extended warranty when they Are due? I致e always bought approved used cars that come with 12 months warranty from bmw so 1st time I致e had to think about non BMW ones.

I知 being offered this one for 」575 12 months.

https://www.automotionwarranty.net/d...omponents.html

Very excited to be getting in the g30. Has some toys to play with:

Tech pack, visibility pack, M sport plus, comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

I bought like a 3 year extended warranty for my 3 back in the day - the number of coil springs i went through paid for itself.
So it's something I highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #3
ztx84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition Xdrive

I always remember what a mechanic told me years ago... Don't buy the extended warranty - put the same amount of cash aside, then if you don't have any problems you still have the cash at the end of the year/term. Obviously cars were a bit simpler then and repairs less costly, so that is a consideration for sure... but generally I avoid extra warranty as it is one of the products with the highest % profit in the car trade/sector. Having said that my car will no doubt require a new engine / gearbox at my expense sometime in the middle of next year! haha!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #4
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Well it's a gamble. You hope you will, they hope you won't. I was quoted over 1k for the BMW all inclusive 1 year warranty. Defo not worth it. I think the lowest level was about 」500 but there were so many exclusions as to render it unlikely you'd be able to claim. Also don't forget that the wear and tear clauses can be brought into play and then nothing gets paid out.

Maybe better to put the」500 in the bank and use it to pay for a breakdown of a break from covid
Appreciate 0