BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding G30 Audison k4e + match pp62dsp

04-27-2021, 09:13 AM   #1
adr_bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 520D

G30 Audison k4e + match pp62dsp

Hi, so I upgraded my base sound system in the G30 to front Audison K4E and a Match PP62DSP amp and to be honest I’m nowhere near satisfied...

I’m not sure if I didn’t set the DSP properly or would need something else entirely... to clarify the system is not loud enough nowhere near acceptable levels for me at least... I mean If I was to raise my voice a little with a friend in the car we can usually speak on top of the music and that should not be possible with the volume all the way up.

Now I either set everything too high in the DSP software and I get some distortion depending on song or to a decent level but I’m really not impressed at that point...

I know bass is lacking to due lack of aftermarket subs... those are due soon but in the meantime any help would be appreciated.

Also on the crossover from speaker to tweeter there’s a switch 0db or -3db at the moment that is on -3db, should that be on 0?

Some shop suggested that the amp is not strong enough but having been burned with bad info from that specific shop before.. I’m more inclined to think they try to rip me off into buying the FORZA amp which everyone advertises “the be all end all”.

Any help is appreciated(maybe someone has some similar setup and can share the DSP file), Thank you.

Last edited by adr_bimmer; 04-27-2021 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0