BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 540i xDrive Stage 2+ BM3

02-14-2024, 05:52 PM   #45
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58

rajehfaraj

We literally have the same exact car setup brotha, except I'm running full catless downpipes. (Stage 2+ BM3 / Stage 3 XHP)

When I went from Stage 91 -> Stage 2+ E30 (with the TU Pump) it was a huge difference. The ethanol really wakes up the the B58. I haven't had any regrets. Plus I enjoy the ethanol smell lol.

Going from Stage 2 XHP -> Stage 3 XHP isn't an outrageous difference but definitely noticeable.

I'd highly recommend doing the jump.

No regrets.

Cheers
- X
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2024, 12:55 PM   #46
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerritt1160 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooltype View Post
Yes running 93 octane for a long time now.. I want the sound with an aftermarket intake but gains are not much or even noticeable so I left it alone

I too have a 2017 and was wondering how many mile you currently have on your car. I have 104K on mine.

I have done a stage one and on the fence of going stage 2 and concerned about reliability.
I just hit 91k. Had the car since 73K in 2020. I have been stage 2 from February 2021 and stage 2+ since October 2022. XHP stage 3 since early March 2023. No issues to date..For a while I use to drive it hard in sports + but mostly in comfort since last summer. The car will guzzle gas in sports + where I have the burbles set at aggresive
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:18 PM   #47
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
rajehfaraj

We literally have the same exact car setup brotha, except I'm running full catless downpipes. (Stage 2+ BM3 / Stage 3 XHP)

When I went from Stage 91 -> Stage 2+ E30 (with the TU Pump) it was a huge difference. The ethanol really wakes up the the B58. I haven't had any regrets. Plus I enjoy the ethanol smell lol.

Going from Stage 2 XHP -> Stage 3 XHP isn't an outrageous difference but definitely noticeable.

I'd highly recommend doing the jump.

No regrets.

Cheers
- X
I haven't gone E30 because I hear if you don't drive it everyday it creates more headache with the engine. Even not driving it for 3 days...I don't drive my car alot so I never did E30
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:20 PM   #48
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooltype View Post
I haven't gone E30 because I hear if you don't drive it everyday it creates more headache with the engine. Even not driving it for 3 days...I don't drive my car alot so I never did E30
I haven’t heard this yet, I drive my car 3-4 times a week and everything seems flawless!

Normal 91 octane is rated for E10, so I don’t think E30 can harm your car to that extent if tuning and HPFP are in line.
Appreciate 0