BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos J.D. Power 2020 US Automotive Brand Loyalty Study

07-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #23
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I do not however understand what everyone's obsession with Subaru is, I honestly think Mazda deserves more customers than Subaru.
Doesn’t surprise me at all, I never owned one but literally everyone I know has a Subaru in their driveway, including owners of high end luxury cars. If you drive around north east US there is a ratio of 3-5 Subaru for one of every other brand. And Subaru owners rarely depart the brand. They are low priced and give significantly more then any other non luxury brand. A 4x4 car is the primary selling point. Subaru dealers can’t keep up with demand on most models.

The big 3 Japanese brands are not found in loyalty, just practicality and low price, Subaru owners have passion for the car and brand, like Tesla, BMW, Audi, Porsche owners - many I know are very much car enthusiasts. Most I know buy the car for family and drive it for over 10 years.

They are loaded with technology, very safe, have all wheel drive for winter weather, relatively inexpensive, look good with their rally car look, easy to get kayak, bike, accessories for, big used market, easy to get service.

I watched a kid drive a Subaru dead center into a 3’ round tree at 80 mph, I pulled him and his friends out of the car just before it caught fire and they walked away with relatively minor damage given what I saw. That wouldn’t have happened in any other $35K car. That’s a first hand testimonial on safety, my daughter gets her license next year and I’ll probably buy (my first) Subaru for her.
Appreciate 0