BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Replacing interior trim

03-31-2024, 08:45 PM   #23
JSKS76
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaPiFSC View Post
I also got a 2023, and it was dealer stock, with open pore. I don't think I ever liked it. It's underwhelming.

Here are some observations.

1: Removing the center consol between the seats, is very easy.

2: Removing the door trim: Well, I installed BAV sound speakers in my last car 2018 530e. The video tutorials on youtube from bav sound are really good.

3: Same video showed me how to remove the wood on the dash, at least part of it.

4: In the 2023 model door trim. It's a bit more tricky... but I found a video from my last car when I wanted replace the rubber insert in the door handle. the video showed how to drill out the plasic mushroom fastiners on the back of the door panel. It's not that big of a deal. you drill the palstic, and the parts come off. Insert the new parts and use a small screw to attach.

5: In my searching for used glossy wood trim for my 2023, I'm stuck. All I see on ebay are complete sets Used for 2017-2020. Does anyone know if the parts for 2023 are different? Or if older ones will work?

6: New from BMW the sets are like $2500- $3500. But I've had a hard time finding them on websites.

That's some research on my end. I'm interested in swaping. The black open poor wood is "okay" but underwhemling in my opinion. I've gotten used to it.
Thank you for this. On one of my door cards the trim piece has a significant scratch from the previous owner. I may try drilling out the fused plastic rivet and screwing it in a new piece.
Appreciate 0