BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Bowers and Wilkins speakers upgrade

02-24-2023, 10:18 PM   #89
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
I am talking about the speaker grill rather than the door cards.
The speaker grills are infused/glued with plastic to the door cards. I used a dremel tool to remove the plastic that was holding the speaker grills. Once removed the oem grills come off. If you wanted to out them back you will have to use similar screws that are supplied with the new grills to put the oem grills back on. They have to be just the right size! If they’re too long they will poke a hole in the grill from the other side. If they’re too wide they will most likely break the plastic that you’re threading into.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 03:18 PM   #90
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris83 View Post
Sorry for the late response. You can just get the grills but the original speakers are black so you definitely won’t see the light effects!
I’m happy that I got the entire setup, it definitely sounds better than the HK stock speakers. They look much better too.
If you wanted you can get the grills from these guys and get speakers somewhere else but I highly recommend getting them in a lighter color so the light actually reflects. Otherwise it’s a waste of money and work. It’s a lot of work to take off the door cards, best to have everything ready and do it once! It’s not good to take the door cards multiple times.
Hi bud, I want to do the same but keep my HK speakers.

My front speakers are actually focal es100k (yellow done), I wonder if that will reflect the light well?
Appreciate 1
Norris83277.00
      02-25-2023, 10:09 PM   #91
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hi bud, I want to do the same but keep my HK speakers.

My front speakers are actually focal es100k (yellow done), I wonder if that will reflect the light well?
Not sure how it would look without changing the speakers to white color. The oem hk are dark grey and won’t reflect. The yellow might work.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 12:27 AM   #92
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not sure how it would look without changing the speakers to white color. The oem hk are dark grey and won’t reflect. The yellow might work.
Thanks do you know what ohms the BW speakers are?

Might swap out the rear HK for a BW so it has better lighting effects
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 11:56 AM   #93
lucysparabola
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

I'll shed some light on the AliExpress B&W mids/tweeters;

I have a 2013 F10 535i. Went to eBay looking for B&W genuines, but got blitzed and was sold the fakes. eBay was useless in getting me refunded as was the 'seller', so I kept them and still have them in the car until my genuine B&Ws arrive next week.

they felt very stout... I only caught onto the fakes as I went looking for more of the mids to put in my car only to see the differences in the genuine drivers from junkyards vs. the AliExpress models in my car. anyway...

I have 2x front door mids/tweeters and 2x rear deck mids, tweeters are sitting in a bag unused. They sound... alright. Definitely did not blow me away. I'm on the stock HiFi amp and I also pushed a Match Up 7's power through the fakies.... that did improve the sound. Would I buy them again? no way... i don't like fake stuff being sold to me. I haven't pushed the volume enough to know if there's any level of distortion but it wouldn't surprise me as such if there were.

I'll have my genuine mids & Diamond tweeters going in about this time next week once all of the rest of it arrives. I can post a comparison "review" if you guys would like. also, if anyone wants to save themselves the wait time from China I'll be glad to sell you the fakies for 20% off the website cost. I think the store mine were bought from was called "China Car Audio" on Ali.

all in all, I know some guys are fine buying the knock offs and I don't hate on them for doing so. I just want the real thing, which is what I wanted in the first place - so that's why I have them on the way lol. these fakies... like i said, they're 'OK'. I just want better than OK.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #94
aoch88
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysparabola View Post
I'll shed some light on the AliExpress B&W mids/tweeters;

I have a 2013 F10 535i. Went to eBay looking for B&W genuines, but got blitzed and was sold the fakes. eBay was useless in getting me refunded as was the 'seller', so I kept them and still have them in the car until my genuine B&Ws arrive next week.

they felt very stout... I only caught onto the fakes as I went looking for more of the mids to put in my car only to see the differences in the genuine drivers from junkyards vs. the AliExpress models in my car. anyway...

I have 2x front door mids/tweeters and 2x rear deck mids, tweeters are sitting in a bag unused. They sound... alright. Definitely did not blow me away. I'm on the stock HiFi amp and I also pushed a Match Up 7's power through the fakies.... that did improve the sound. Would I buy them again? no way... i don't like fake stuff being sold to me. I haven't pushed the volume enough to know if there's any level of distortion but it wouldn't surprise me as such if there were.

I'll have my genuine mids & Diamond tweeters going in about this time next week once all of the rest of it arrives. I can post a comparison "review" if you guys would like. also, if anyone wants to save themselves the wait time from China I'll be glad to sell you the fakies for 20% off the website cost. I think the store mine were bought from was called "China Car Audio" on Ali.

all in all, I know some guys are fine buying the knock offs and I don't hate on them for doing so. I just want the real thing, which is what I wanted in the first place - so that's why I have them on the way lol. these fakies... like i said, they're 'OK'. I just want better than OK.
I think you have a prejudice towards fake and therefore influenced the actual experience. Obviously an original would sound much better but would also cost a lot more.

It would be fair for someone that is not prejudice on either to give their honest opinion about those speakers. That would give a better idea overall.

Remember that not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg for genuine product these days. Even original big brands comes out with different range or products at different price point because they understand this new consumer sentiment.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 02:19 PM   #95
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
The speaker grills are infused/glued with plastic to the door cards. I used a dremel tool to remove the plastic that was holding the speaker grills. Once removed the oem grills come off. If you wanted to out them back you will have to use similar screws that are supplied with the new grills to put the oem grills back on. They have to be just the right size! If they’re too long they will poke a hole in the grill from the other side. If they’re too wide they will most likely break the plastic that you’re threading into.
When OEM original door panels are assembled, the components added on (such as the speaker grill, trim, ambient light bar, etc) have their retention tabs melted in place. When replacing one of these parts the replacement will come with a full tab and the ability to install a retention clip from behind to hold it in place. The retention clips show in the parts catalog/microfiche. This is the way BMW has been doing it for at least the last 20 years.
      04-01-2023, 04:37 PM   #96
lucysparabola
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoch88 View Post
I think you have a prejudice towards fake and therefore influenced the actual experience. Obviously an original would sound much better but would also cost a lot more.

It would be fair for someone that is not prejudice on either to give their honest opinion about those speakers. That would give a better idea overall.

Remember that not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg for genuine product these days. Even original big brands comes out with different range or products at different price point because they understand this new consumer sentiment.

?

I like how you just decide that I'm biased against fakes lol. Do you work for China car Audio yourself?

Not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg - that's what eBay is for. Genuines on there can be sourced reasonably there.

The fakes sound plenty fine when powered properly. I still haven't gotten to the install of the genuines.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 05:30 AM   #97
beolink
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 G31

Angry Did anyone else have issues with these?

Hi,
I did the upgrade 18 months ago and bought from the same seller on Aliexpress. About 8 months ago one tweeter stopped working and now a second one is going bad. I did a high quality upgrade with the Autiotec Fischer Match Up 10DSP amplifier so it cant be because I´m using a low quality amplifier.

Did any of you that also did the upgrade have issues with the tweeters?

//Andy
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 06:49 AM   #98
lucysparabola
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beolink View Post
Hi,
I did the upgrade 18 months ago and bought from the same seller on Aliexpress. About 8 months ago one tweeter stopped working and now a second one is going bad. I did a high quality upgrade with the Autiotec Fischer Match Up 10DSP amplifier so it cant be because I´m using a low quality amplifier.

//Andy
mine have clear distortions that I haven't been successful in tuning out via my Match Up 7 either. it's almost like buying non genuine products is a bad idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 06:48 AM   #99
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beolink View Post
Hi,

//Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysparabola View Post
mine have clear distortions that I haven't been successful in tuning out via my Match Up 7 either. it's almost like buying non genuine products is a bad idea.
Luckily I haven’t had any issues yet. Mine are hooked up to the original HK amplifier.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 05:10 PM   #100
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Covers fitted. Looks good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 06:35 AM   #101
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Gents, I would appreciate your advice - just like you I installed new speakers and Match UP 8 DSP amp in my car and now the sound level of front/rear parking beepers became unpleasantly louder due to more efficient speakers compared to the stock. Is there a way to put the volume of parking beepers down? Maybe coding thru BimmerCodes? Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 04:01 AM   #102
ericleger
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530i xDrive Luxury

Question

Tks for those information.
A pro from Germany push me to aliexpress to upgrade my G30 2018 from Hifi to BW (just the 12 speakers).
Question : should I change the amp or can I keep the original one ?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 07:38 AM   #103
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Personally, I would not buy speakers from Aliexpres. The "hifi chain" is only as solid as its weakest link. I would buy good originals (perhaps not BWs) and try them on with the stock amp. If you still need an upgrade, buy an amp with DSP (like Match UP 8 DSP) which WILL result in a better sound compared to stock amp, provided the DSP is profesionally tuned.
Appreciate 1
2022M550i3034.00
      01-21-2024, 04:10 PM   #104
inlinesix85
Rep
Drives: X1 F48, 5 Series G30

Quote:
Covers fitted. Looks good.
Thinking about installing those Aliexpress LED covers in my 2019 G30.
Currently I have S676 Hi-fi audio system and original 11 color ambient lighting.

Principal motivation is not to increase power and sound quality, rather to upgrade interior with some LED lighting -I simply like how they look.

It seems that those are able to mach ambient lighting color well.

Can someone who instaled them help me:

1. Original ambient lighting gradually powers up and fades when being powered on or shut off. Can those covers also power gradually or are just simple on/off for them)?
2. Brightness intensity - can they match change in original ambient lighting brightness (i.e. if i tone down car ambient lighting would they also tone down automatically, or have just single brightness setting) ?
3. When the car shuts off - do they shut off immediately or they remain on for some time?

I want them to work propely (so that the mod doesn't look cheap / improvised) but I'm fully aware that I cannot expect miracles on a budget. Please help me to decide
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 05:56 AM   #105
ericleger
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530i xDrive Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinesix85 View Post
Thinking about installing those Aliexpress LED covers in my 2019 G30.
I've baught the G30 16 speakers kit and the LQ Audio F960 Pro power amp from China car audio Store (with quick delivery with DHL).
I've not yet installed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 07:21 PM   #106
M5._.Fiddy
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericleger View Post
I've baught the G30 16 speakers kit and the LQ Audio F960 Pro power amp from China car audio Store (with quick delivery with DHL).
I've not yet installed it.
Have you installed yet. I have the speakers and considering the amp and subs.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 02:12 AM   #107
martinas550i
Registered
Rep
Drives: m550i g30

Can You share Your eq settings with this audio setup?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 06:21 AM   #108
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinas550i View Post
Can You share Your eq settings with this audio setup?
I sold my car May 2023 and now have a 2022 M850I Gran Coupe. The EQ settings will really depend on what you like to listen and what sounds good for you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0