BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding G30 parking assistant retrofit

02-22-2024, 03:53 AM   #1
Sopp
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46->E92->E39/F10/G30

G30 parking assistant retrofit

Hello, I am planning to retrofit my 2018 530i, with a rearview camera. I have gone through the great topic on this forum and everything in this regard is clear to me.
I am wondering about one issue that has not been addressed so far, and that is the possibility of retrofitting the car with parking assistant.
From my observations, this option was also present in cars that did not have 360 cameras but only a rearview camera. From the documents linked on the main forum, it appears that "Parking Assistant(OE 5DM) is available only in conjunction with the automatically dipping exterior mirror, optionale quipment (OE 4T8)."

In other topics here, I have read that for this function to work the car must have ACC (different DSC pump). Interestingly, the documentation mentioned above does not state that for this function to work the car must have a rearview camera.

In my car I have the following options from the factory, among others:
2TB Sport Automatic Transmission;
4T8 Expanded Exteriror Mirror Package;
508 Park Distance Control (pdc); (with 6 sensors front and rear).
5AT Driving Assistant Plus; (with lane change assist).
609 Navigation System Professional.

To summarize everything above, in your experience, will it be possible to run parking assist and will it require installation of additional hardware or just coding?

I would appreciate any help on this issue!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 06:36 AM   #2
Sopp
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46->E92->E39/F10/G30

Anyone?
Appreciate 0