BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Laneassistant missing in my new BMW 530E

02-01-2024, 04:24 PM   #1
Reposity
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 E Touring M-Sport

Laneassistant missing in my new BMW 530E

Hello friends

I just got a leased BMW 530 E Touring M Sport from 2022 . Upgraded it from the BMW 320 I Touring M Sport . It is a fantastic car and a huge upgrade .

It has loads of things in it with ex Parking assistent and driver assistant . But it does not have Lane assistant and vibrating stearing wheel ? My last 2 BMW 330 I and D had this ?

I have the connected package professional .

So why is it not there and can I get it ? I was hoping that I could just buy Lane assistent package but nothing comes up . But pretty strange that it has alot og equipment as M Sport but no Lane Assistant ? And I can not take pictures eith my BMW app using the cars cameras ?

Is there a way to get this ?

Thanks 💪😁.

Regards

Michael
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 11:21 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Put the vin into a vin decoder and it will state exactly what the car came with.

When you lane assistant I assume you mean as part of the driving assist as opposed to lane depart warning which nudges the car back into lane if you wander out without signalling
That can be turned off in idrive if wished .

Driving assistant precessional (or whatever it was called I forget and it may differ in different markets) certainly wasn’t standard
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 06:46 AM   #3
Reposity
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the answer . No it is actual tje nudging of lane and vibration of the steeribg wheel that is not present . The other thing where it looks at the car in front and speed limit etc is there . I called BmW and they say that ir is not born with this but I can ask if the bmw Carworkshop can turn it on so I can buy the lane assist plus package . But they were not sure but the car has all the cameras etc to do it . Pretty strange that is a M Sport and tons of things but not this that most cheap cars have 😁Z
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 07:24 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Don’t think you can just turn this on, the hardware has to be there.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 03:23 AM   #5
r1cero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d g30

Did you click the circled car next to hazards light to see what options are there?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 03:33 AM   #6
Reposity
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the reply . Yes I did everything to check if it is there and it is not born wuth it from the beginning but have alle cameras and other stuff . See the list attached . It can park automatically and go out of the driveway automatically 😁. But no lane assist . I also called BMW and they said that I could ask next time it is at service what it would take to turn it on but it would proberly demand some hardwaremodifications and as it is leased for 3 years I can not do that .

I was hoping they can just switch a button and then ut is on and I ger access to the Professional deive assistance software . But I don’t think so .

But anyway it is a fantastic car comming from a couple of new 320 I Touring . Everything is just better and works fantastic so I can live without the lane assist the next 3 years before I get the new I5 Touring 100 electric 😁
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 03:23 AM   #7
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Hi! You have 9QX Preparation for driver assitance this mean you need to buy option in connected drive store.
      02-18-2024, 03:49 PM   #8
Reposity
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siki78 View Post
Hi! You have 9QX Preparation for driver assitance this mean you need to buy option in connected drive store.
Thanks but there are no options i. Connected service to add this 😁. So I don’t think i can get it unfortantly .
Appreciate 0