BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Delivery Problems!

01-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
Funcars999
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i

Delivery Problems!

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forums but have been doing a ton of reading and figured I’d try my luck at asking a few questions.

I placed an order for a 2020 540i (my first ever BMW was so excited) in Mid-October to be built in Germany. I have been working with a dealer on the east cost of FL. BMW genius told me, soon into the build that there was a “stop sale” on the car. Neither the dealer nor BMW would tell me what for.

I was supposed to take delivery around end of November but with delays the dealer received the car right before Christmas. During prepping the car for delivery they found a “computer module failure” which the dealership apparently continued to order parts for. None of those parts “apparently worked” until 4 weeks later.

I agreed to take the car thinking maybe it was a fluke and as a consolation they agreed to flatbed the car and deliver it to my house. During that delivery the car was slid (supposedly) and damaged the bumper.

Now I don’t want that car anymore. The dealer understands and offered to order me a new one, but noted that the BMW rebates may not be on then. I am hesitant to order a new one because it will be April before I take delivery.

Any thoughts? Does this happen? Should I pick another dealer? Any one on here that would accept the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
CLP21
Rep
Drives: 2020 m550i, 2018 X5, 2014 535i

I personally would not take that car but who knows. Maybe more cars on the lot have had these issues and we just don't know about it because no one was waiting on them.

Personally, it's about communication. If you are happy with the communication from your dealer, I would continue that relationship but if not I would move on.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funcars999 View Post
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forums but have been doing a ton of reading and figured I’d try my luck at asking a few questions.

I placed an order for a 2020 540i (my first ever BMW was so excited) in Mid-October to be built in Germany. I have been working with a dealer on the east cost of FL. BMW genius told me, soon into the build that there was a “stop sale” on the car. Neither the dealer nor BMW would tell me what for.

I was supposed to take delivery around end of November but with delays the dealer received the car right before Christmas. During prepping the car for delivery they found a “computer module failure” which the dealership apparently continued to order parts for. None of those parts “apparently worked” until 4 weeks later.

I agreed to take the car thinking maybe it was a fluke and as a consolation they agreed to flatbed the car and deliver it to my house. During that delivery the car was slid (supposedly) and damaged the bumper.

Now I don’t want that car anymore. The dealer understands and offered to order me a new one, but noted that the BMW rebates may not be on then. I am hesitant to order a new one because it will be April before I take delivery.

Any thoughts? Does this happen? Should I pick another dealer? Any one on here that would accept the car?
Go to another dealer and explain your situation. I would ask for the sales manager and ask them if they could modify a build slot that they already have in the queue. I have done that before at Momentum BMW in Houston.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
Funcars999
Registered
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys for your input. It was helpful.
I decided against the initial car and will probably reorder.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 06:55 AM   #5
CLP21
Rep
Drives: 2020 m550i, 2018 X5, 2014 535i

Since you are in FL, I personally had good luck with Delray. I had limited interaction but when I couldn’t get the deal I wanted in GA Delray shipped a vehicle up to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #6
Funcars999
Registered
United_States
Rep

Thanks for your input. Any info helps.
Appreciate 0