BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Jeans

10-11-2018, 01:13 AM   #111
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

AG, 7’s or Joe’s are all good. Buy from Off 5th or Nordstrom Rack and prices are much more reasonable but fit, quality and appearance are better than your average mass merchant Levi’s or Gap/Old Navy. And if the inseam is too long, get em tailored. Nothing worse than ill fitting bad denim jeans.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-11-2018, 04:16 AM   #112
Kooch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange 6MT

I've had good luck with bonobos. Sized like they say and comfortable. I wear jeans everyday to an office setting. Now have a few pairs of blue, some grey and tan. Not too pricey and have broken in well.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #113
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
there are jean enthusiasts the same way there are car enthusiasts. if you can't understand why someone would pay $300 for jeans, then you're the jeans equivalent of a camry driver. nothing wrong with it, but you're making the same comments that camry drivers would make about people who buy bmw's.

the only thing i would tell the buyers of fashion brands like 7 and AG is, you're not paying for better quality over GAP and Uniqlo. that's fine if you are buying for other reasons like fit or style, but i'm just saying. the only fashion brand that makes great quality jeans that i've seen is Dior Homme, but they're like $400-600.

of the Japanese selvedge brands, my faves are Flat Head and Sugarcane.
I beg to differ. My AG jeans are significantly softer and the fabric mix (ie with more lycra) makes them much more comfortable to wear. That's not taking into account the fit, which is noticeably better than any fast retail jean. FWIW, I don't think I paid over $150 for my AG Graduates.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 07:29 AM   #114
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
5' 10 and 180 is IDEAL! I'm 5'11 and 185. The ladies always call me "fit". If we lose any more weight man we'll be toothpicks! For the record I'm with ya with on self appearance tho, I'd love to be this height and 165...
I wouldn't say my body is ideal at this point but it will be soon. Just got a gym membership and stoked about getting tone and shedding some fat this winter. Once this is underway, new tattoos are coming next.

These are the jeans that I currently have my eyes on. They will be discontinued soon and I will begin to scour the internet for them cheap.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clot...clothing-jeans

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-11-2018 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
DETRoadster11446.00
      10-11-2018, 07:39 AM   #115
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
I've had good luck with bonobos. Sized like they say and comfortable. I wear jeans everyday to an office setting. Now have a few pairs of blue, some grey and tan. Not too pricey and have broken in well.
I like how their website is set up. I may end up with a pair of these. Shopping them now.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #116
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I wouldn't say my body is ideal at this point but it will be soon. Just got a gym membership and stoked about getting tone and shedding some fat this winter. Once this is underway, new tattoos are coming next.
New clothes, a gym membership, some new tats. I smell a mid-life crisis coming on. When do you leave us for the Corvette forum?

BTW, I turn 44 this month, bought a new pair of jeans last week, got some more work done on my tattoo sleeve yesterday, and am counting down the days till I can get back in the gym next week once the tat heals over. Right there with ya, man!
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
________4157.00
PoorLurker1135.00
      10-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #117
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Man, as much as I appreciate that, I'm anything but on the thin side. I'm 5' 10" and 180 pounds. I need to loose about 30 pounds to not be considered obese by national standards.
I am 5'10" and 205lbs so you seem pretty skinny to me!
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #118
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
New clothes, a gym membership, some new tats. I smell a mid-life crisis coming on. When do you leave us for the Corvette forum?

BTW, I turn 44 this month, bought a new pair of jeans last week, got some more work done on my tattoo sleeve yesterday, and am counting down the days till I can get back in the gym next week once the tat heals over. Right there with ya, man!
Man, I've been paying an exuberant amount of child support for the past 10 years and that ended about 2 weeks ago. I've spent most of my life trying to take care of and please everyone else, I'm glad to say it's finally my turn. Not married, kids are grown, house is paid for and now my future is finally mine.

I've been wanting to get some new ink for years but couldn't justify it financially...until now. Going with black and grey sleeves on both arms. I was a tattoo artist years ago so I'm already fairly heavily tatt'd but that was years ago and most of them need some love or to be covered up.

I don't see it as a midlife crisis as much as I see it as rising from my ashes.

e cineribus resurrexit is actually a phrase I'll have tatt'd on me somewhere and will probably be the first. I also want to incorporate a pawn chess piece with a crown on it.

I've already informed the girlfriend that if I start shopping for corvettes to call for an intervention and take me directly to a BMW dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I am 5'10" and 205lbs so you seem pretty skinny to me!
If it wasn't for my love handles and moobies, I would be skinny.

I was pretty skinny most of my life but the past few years battling PTSD and other depression issues, I've packed on some weight.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #119
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

I didn't read through all of the replies BUT... If ANY of you dry clean your JEANS or much less, have Creases put in them... Lean forward and accept this Virtual Slap!
King Rudi13152.00
upstatedoc7555.50
Red Bread4462.00
xander_g967.00
      10-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #120
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Man, I've been paying an exuberant amount of child support for the past 10 years and that ended about 2 weeks ago. I've spent most of my life trying to take care of and please everyone else, I'm glad to say it's finally my turn. Not married, kids are grown, house is paid for and now my future is finally mine.

I've been wanting to get some new ink for years but couldn't justify it financially...until now. Going with black and grey sleeves on both arms. I was a tattoo artist years ago so I'm already fairly heavily tatt'd but that was years ago and most of them need some love or to be covered up.

I don't see it as a midlife crisis as much as I see it as rising from my ashes.

e cineribus resurrexit is actually a phrase I'll have tatt'd on me somewhere and will probably be the first. I also want to incorporate a pawn chess piece with a crown on it.

I've already informed the girlfriend that if I start shopping for corvettes to call for an intervention and take me directly to a BMW dealership.

If it wasn't for my love handles and moobies, I would be skinny.

I was pretty skinny most of my life but the past few years battling PTSD and other depression issues, I've packed on some weight.
Fu*k Yeah! That's not a mid-life crisis by any means, that's a mid-life party. Good for you!!!!

When I got divorced from my first wife my buddies threw me a bachelor party. I think it's important to celebrate moving on to the next phase of one's life. Sounds like you are doing exactly that. Good on ya.

Post up a some pics of the fresh ink once you get it done. I don't think I've seen a tattoo thread on here, at least not in the last few years. Maybe I'll start one in a week once mine has healed up.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-11-2018, 09:25 AM   #121
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Fu*k Yeah! That's not a mid-life crisis by any means, that's a mid-life party. Good for you!!!!

When I got divorced from my first wife my buddies threw me a bachelor party. I think it's important to celebrate moving on to the next phase of one's life. Sounds like you are doing exactly that. Good on ya.

Post up a some pics of the fresh ink once you get it done. I don't think I've seen a tattoo thread on here, at least not in the last few years. Maybe I'll start one in a week once mine has healed up.
I think a tattoo thread is most definitely in order.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #122
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I didn't read through all of the replies BUT... If ANY of you dry clean your JEANS or much less, have Creases put in them... Lean forward and accept this Virtual Slap!
When I wore a suit and tie to work every day, I had a great relationship with my local dry cleaner, however; at no point did taking my jeans to them ever cross my mind. On a rare occasion I will see someone with creases in their jeans and I think to myself how do people even deal with them.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-11-2018 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      10-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #123
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Am I the only commando in the group??? You don't wash your jeans?
For your consideration, sir.
For my chapped ass, or my jeans :
      10-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #124
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Such dropped back pockets are one of the ugliest garment features I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Jeans get a soak in the tub, and hung to dry.
AFAIK hand-wash is the generally recommended way of washing jeans. Yet as my manufacturer approves machine wash I would give it a try if I had one.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #125
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

$300 jeans are the same as $30 jeans? That's some great logic right there! Just like a $30 leather belt is the same as a $700 Hermes belt.

I like these jeans.

Best jeans to rave and shuffle in
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
xander_g967.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #126
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
$300 jeans are the same as $30 jeans? That's some great logic right there! Just like a $30 leather belt is the same as a $700 Hermes belt.

I like these jeans.

Best jeans to rave and shuffle in
I wondered when jnco's would make it into this thread. I won't lie, I had several pair of these back in the 90'sb not quite the size of these. I think the biggest I owned were some 32" fatboys. I would also like to mention the quality of jnco's was actually kinda impressive.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #127
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Not to sound like a douche but I love the way True Religion fits and how comfortable they are but haven’t been wearing them since I got the M because the back pocket buttons scratch the seat when you get in and out.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #128
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussski View Post
Not to sound like a douche but I love the way True Religion fits and how comfortable they are but haven’t been wearing them since I got the M because the back pocket buttons scratch the seat when you get in and out.
I have the same issue with the girlfriends chandelier's on her back pockets and my seats as well. I feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #129
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussski View Post
Not to sound like a douche but I love the way True Religion fits and how comfortable they are but haven't been wearing them since I got the M because the back pocket buttons scratch the seat when you get in and out.
I have the same issue with the girlfriends chandelier's on her back pockets and my seats as well. I feel your pain.
That big, huh?
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-12-2018, 12:30 AM   #130
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3

Amiri is the most comfortable pair of jeans that I own. Great for stacking if you are into that look
      10-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #131
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

If I was to purchase a pair of jeans, I would purchase a pair of Japanese denim.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/2012/11...ds-best-denim/

Article is a bit old but quality is quality.

YSL is supposed to have high quality jeans as well. I just don't really care to wear jeans all that much anymore. I'd rather pay $15 for some slim fit pants on clearance at Old Navy and use the extra $300 to buy something cool like an Ed Hardy or Affliction shirt.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #132
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Alberto.

Since 1922-

I absolutely love them!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00