BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Driving Assistant Plus - Lane Change Assistant

03-09-2020, 06:00 PM   #45
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Just like Remote Controlled Parking and, if you get technical about it, any of the other Driver Assist systems. None of it is really needed at the end of the day, just a nice feature to have, imo.
I think there is a difference between a blind spot warning and an assist in changing lanes. The former, IMHO, while may not be "needed" is certainly useful. The same can't be said for the lane change assistant.

As to Adaptive cruise control, it is a convenience feature. One can argue that the lane change assistant is also a convenience feature but I think of it more as a trick.

Sort of akin to remote parking but remote parking can have a value -- if you park your car and when you return you find out that some jerk has parked so close to you that you can't get into your car. Then remote control parking has value. But, again, to me the lane change assistant is merely a cute trick to show your passenger.
Disagree. Lane change assistant makes highway journeys, with assisted driving active, more relaxing and safer.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 02:59 AM   #46
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Angry

Quote:
Sorry, I really don't know much about the EDP features or coding it to being active. Like I mentioned, I had enabled the ISA feature on my X3, but when I swapped laptops I lost most of the coding files I had from the X3, and I started fresh on my new laptop.
Thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Did you try to VO code SAS with for example german version some other country?
I didn't actually VO coded the car because it will chage DCC into ACC which will prevent the cruise control to work so I can not test it. Instead I've used coding verification to generate CAFD files for 5AT + Germany country car and removed my country from VO list. Then I've compared all 32 files with my cars (5AS changed to 5AT) CAFD files and only difference is:

DSC: C_VFA_Funktion
SAS10: C_SWA_Vorhanden
KAFAS: VFW_AVAILABLE
KAFAS: WWA_ENABLE
BDC_BODY2: VCM_COUNTRY (mine was ECE)
KOMBI: LAENDERAUSFUEHRUNG (mine was Sonstige)
RS: C_SWW_Enable_LaneWidthAdjustmentByKAFAS

and 2 or 3 language changes in NBT and KOMBI.

So basically there seem no country restriction codes on the car
But I've updated all these codes just in case including:
DSC: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_SWA_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Vorausschau_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_SLI_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF

And finally I've FDL coded all features of 5AT except iBrake and ACC functions and nothing I've tried worked Limit Assist activated but cruise control doesn't asks to set current speed limit (no assist text on the cruise control image)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:31 AM   #47
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

To fully change region of the car you need FSC repair pack, MAYBE you can try to change region of the car and load all new FSC repair pack to your car with new region. Than just VO code the car.
Appreciate 1
Norris83268.50
      03-10-2020, 04:12 AM   #48
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
To fully change region of the car you need FSC repair pack, MAYBE you can try to change region of the car and load all new FSC repair pack to your car with new region. Than just VO code the car.
I've spammed this thread so much , sorry for that but it was related with the land_activ parameter and I thought it would be a solution for my problem

Opened a new one about the EDP, ISA, VZA, SLA:
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1702052
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 08:50 AM   #49
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 20D M-Sport

Quote:
After a year of trying to figure it out, it finally works!! A big thank you to ifr for finally providing the final piece of coding that was causing the holdup!

It seems that in addition to the codes originally found by simpaty, BMW is using additional codes to block certain features from working in certain countries, based on where you are located. By changing this coding, you can enable the Lane Change Assistant to work regardless of your location.

The 3 codes to be changed are:
HU_NBT or HU_MGU:
Spurwechselassistent - Change this to Aktiv

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - Change this to True
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - You will have to edit the Werte values to "FF, FF, FF, FF" This is the item that blocks it from working in certain regions.

And, the proof!
Thanks heaps for the details mate.
Coded this today but no luck. I'm in Australia. Anyone got it working here?
My car is 2019 G01 X3 with 5AT- Driver Assistance Plus. I-Step S15A-20-03-540.

No reason this isn't working in Australia. Confused now...Any idea what might have gone wrong? or any additional changes required?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #50
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uadissa View Post
Quote:
After a year of trying to figure it out, it finally works!! A big thank you to ifr for finally providing the final piece of coding that was causing the holdup!

It seems that in addition to the codes originally found by simpaty, BMW is using additional codes to block certain features from working in certain countries, based on where you are located. By changing this coding, you can enable the Lane Change Assistant to work regardless of your location.

The 3 codes to be changed are:
HU_NBT or HU_MGU:
Spurwechselassistent - Change this to Aktiv

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - Change this to True
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - You will have to edit the Werte values to "FF, FF, FF, FF" This is the item that blocks it from working in certain regions.

And, the proof!
Thanks heaps for the details mate.
Coded this today but no luck. I'm in Australia. Anyone got it working here?
My car is 2019 G01 X3 with 5AT- Driver Assistance Plus. I-Step S15A-20-03-540.

No reason this isn't working in Australia. Confused now...Any idea what might have gone wrong? or any additional changes required?
The codes are for the G30?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 07:21 PM   #51
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
The codes are for the G30?
Not really.
See post below
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...1699204&page=2

roxxor coded X3 G01, followed by many others. But not anyone in Australia. I don't think BMW team in Australia expert enough to block it only here. I see people got it working in US, Canada, Europe, UK, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 04:49 AM   #52
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not really.
See post below
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...1699204&page=2

roxxor coded X3 G01, followed by many others. But not anyone in Australia. I don't think BMW team in Australia expert enough to block it only here. I see people got it working in US, Canada, Europe, UK, etc.
Ah I see the confusion.

He never got it working on the X3. If I read it right, he got it working on the G30, and assumed it would work on the X3 too.

Seems a few got it working, but others were unsuccessful.

I produced the coding and I can tell you I never tested or looked at getting it working on an X3. Doesn't mean it's not possible.

Do you even get the option to enable it in idrive? I'm not familiar with the X3 so unsure which menu, if any, it would be in.

You have a very recent i-step. You would need to send me your FA and SVT to confirm if the coding has changed, or what coding might be needed.

Last edited by ifr; 05-08-2020 at 04:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #53
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

IFR is correct, I did the coding on my G30 as I had already traded in my G01 at the point that he figured out the rest of the coding. As for the i-step, I dont think that should matter, as my car was just updated last week to the 20-03 level, and after I recoded it, it still works just fine. With iDrive 7, I get the option in the settings, yet it won't let me actually select the checkbox (greyed out). However the feature still works just fine even though it isn't checked.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #54
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
IFR is correct, I did the coding on my G30 as I had already traded in my G01 at the point that he figured out the rest of the coding. As for the i-step, I dont think that should matter, as my car was just updated last week to the 20-03 level, and after I recoded it, it still works just fine. With iDrive 7, I get the option in the settings, yet it won't let me actually select the checkbox (greyed out). However the feature still works just fine even though it isn't checked.
Thanks heaps for your responses @ifr and roxxor.
Mine is I-drive 6,thus won't get a options anyways.

In saying that when I first coded 3 changes you guys mentioned, engine was on and started driving straight away after verifying the code. After couple of mins it gave an error saying "all driver assistent systems disabled, contact support" restarted the car never saw it again. All worked fine since then. Not sure if this means something. Worth decode and coding again? :
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #55
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
With iDrive 7, I get the option in the settings, yet it won't let me actually select the checkbox (greyed out). However the feature still works just fine even though it isn't checked.
Do you have this option in BDC Body?
SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT

If available make it aktiv. Usually when a menu option is not selectable after being set in the head unit, it's missing settings in another ECU, often BDC and/or SAS.

That setting is needed on the G05 I drive 7
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #56
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Do you have this option in BDC Body?
SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT

If available make it aktiv. Usually when a menu option is not selectable after being set in the head unit, it's missing settings in another ECU, often BDC and/or SAS.

That setting is needed on the G05 I drive 7
Nope, but I think it may be because even though the 2020 G30 gets iDrive 7, we don't have the newer BDC_Body3 that the G05 got. The only options I have in mine are SPURWECHSEL_LENKEINGRIFF and SPURWECHSEL_WARNUNG, both of which are defaulted to Aktiv. Either way though, I can live with the greyed out menu as long as it is working
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      05-09-2020, 02:17 AM   #57
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nope, but I think it may be because even though the 2020 G30 gets iDrive 7, we don't have the newer BDC_Body3 that the G05 got. The only options I have in mine are SPURWECHSEL_LENKEINGRIFF and SPURWECHSEL_WARNUNG, both of which are defaulted to Aktiv. Either way though, I can live with the greyed out menu as long as it is working
I think we might be looking at this from the wrong perspective. I just did a coding verification with 8TR and HU_MGU doesn't need to be coded on the G30.

So if you backout the Spurwechselassistent code, and just keep the 2 SAS codes, it should still work without the errant idrive menu option.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #58
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Unfortunately, for now I have to conclude, Lane change assist cannot be enabled by FDL coding in Australia under 5AT - Driver Assist Plus. It could be some lower-level block.
Similarly, ConnectedDrive apps in motion( including Spotify-Android) and Video in motion are blocked and cannot be enabled by FDL coding.

It will be a different story in Driver Assist Professional.

Please keep it posted here if anyone had any luck.

Thanks roxxor and @ifr
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #59
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, for now I have to conclude, Lane change assist cannot be enabled by FDL coding in Australia under 5AT - Driver Assist Plus. It could be some lower-level block.
Similarly, ConnectedDrive apps in motion( including Spotify-Android) and Video in motion are blocked and cannot be enabled by FDL coding.

It will be a different story in Driver Assist Professional.

Please keep it posted here if anyone had any luck.

Thanks roxxor and @ifr
May have figured it. Check email.

You have a lot of testing to do, but all your issues may be resolved
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2020, 12:43 AM   #60
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

If anyone got SWA working on a G01 with I-step-15A-20-xx , please post here.

There could be multiple reasons why it's not working on my car like,
a. Region - Car Hardware incompetent
b. Region - Software level block ( coding ticked off already)
c. I-Step version
d. G01 build year.

Highly unlikely the reason to be [a] or [d] . BMW doesn't make ANZ region-specific cars, I presume. I saw someone got it working on a G01 2019, thus [d] is out too.

Also, I can rule out [c], if someone can confirm if they got it working on my I-step level above.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 10:53 AM   #61
jimmmyzhou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Can confirm it works on my G08 2020 X3(CN version of G01). It comes with iD7 system, 5AT option.

And it's also possible to change the default above 70km/h triggering speed. It's also in the SAS module.

What I've changed to get Lane Change Assistant:

HU_MGU:
Spurwechselassistent - Aktiv

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - True
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - Value set to "FF, FF, FF, FF"
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #62
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmmyzhou View Post
Can confirm it works on my G08 2020 X3(CN version of G01). It comes with iD7 system, 5AT option.

And it's also possible to change the default above 70km/h triggering speed. It's also in the SAS module.

HU_MGU:

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - True

Are you able able to tick the LCA checkbox in iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 02:26 AM   #63
jimmmyzhou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoul View Post
Not able to select, just leave it there, the LCA works when you activate ACC and Lane Keeping assit at then same time, also you need to reach 70km/h without speeding(it means you need a express way with speed limit like 80km/h or higher). When everything is enabled and showing green, make sure your side lane is clear,no cars near you, and gently holdyour turn signal without triggering constant signal(I don't know better description, it's what you do when you trigger 3x turn signal), and hold until the green lane on display start to blink, and you'll find your car is changing lane automatically.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 06:56 AM   #64
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

HU_MGU:

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - True

You don't need the HU_MGU setting except on G05, etc (full I-drive 7).

The underlying Boolean in the cafd has it set to false for other models. Personally I wouldn't set it, though it doesn't appear to cause any issues other than an inactive menu item appearing in idrive.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #65
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

This is current bmw Australia configurator for G30 and G01. Not sure that this means. Noone knows a proper answer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 01:16 AM   #66
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not able to select, just leave it there, the LCA works when you activate ACC and Lane Keeping assit at then same time, also you need to reach 70km/h without speeding(it means you need a express way with speed limit like 80km/h or higher). When everything is enabled and showing green, make sure your side lane is clear,no cars near you, and gently holdyour turn signal without triggering constant signal(I don't know better description, it's what you do when you trigger 3x turn signal), and hold until the green lane on display start to blink, and you'll find your car is changing lane automatically.
Thanks for sharing this mate.
What istep your car is running ? Also do you have 8TR on your FA?
Appreciate 0