BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Activating SLI related ISA, EDP and VZA Functions

03-10-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
ejlover06
Private
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Question Activating SLI related ISA, EDP and VZA Functions

My G30 (ECE) has 5AS so it has KAFAS4, Dynamic Cruise Control (DCC)(no front radar) and we've retrofitted SLI&NPI and they work without any problems. But there are 3 more features that comes with (depends upon) SLI actually:

ISA: updates the adjusted speed of cruise control according to speed signs read by SLI.
EDP: updates the adjusted speed of speed limiter according to speed signs read by SLI.
VZA (VORAUSSCHAU): warns the driver of an approaching speed limit change along the road to let the gas pedal off. So when the car arrives to the place where the speed limit decreased cars speed will be equal to that limit automatically by deceleration (so you won't use breaks and spend unnecessary gas).
Additional Sign:Which signs it refers I don't know but KOMBI should display the upcoming signs (in white color) probably as the part of VZA. Also some cars show stop signs and so on. This also doesn't work at my G30

My car came with 8TD, so to make SLI work it has been removed and I had to modify COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE in KAFAS because it remained at (---) icon. After that SLI and NPI works flawlessly

Even ISA, EDP, VZA related codes seems active on all modules they don't work. So I've generated CAFD files by using Coding Verification by changing my cars VO list (removed 5AS and added 5AT). I've compared all 32 files and found about 90 parameter changes.

I've modified ISA, EDP and VZA related ones and I have a "Speed Limit Assistance" Menu added to iDrive settings under vehicle settings as seen below:

Last sentence means: "It's only available as a restricted feature in this country". After that casual "Limit" function (which limits your max speed to set value) changed into "Limit Assist" (which asks to update your currently set max speed limit automatically to actual limit on the road +- a buffer value you've selected on the idrive menu). It can be seen below:

Problem is Cruise Control icon didn't changed into "Assist + cruise logo" and it doesn't asks to set limit according to SLI
No matter which parameters I've changed I couldn't make it work. I've tried every parameter from 5AT option (except iBrake and ACC related ones) but it never activated.

I even activated ISA related parameters (which 5AT even left inactive) no change.. Also ISA doesn't seem to be supported by G30 according to E-Sys as seen below but I've also set these to activce:

I also changed land restriction parameters into these since their current values doesn't work (which are same for Germany cars):
DSC: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_SWA_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Vorausschau_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_SLI_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF

also added Germany car options via FDL coding such as:
DSC: C_VFA_Funktion
SAS10: C_SWA_Vorhanden
KAFAS: VFW_AVAILABLE
KAFAS: WWA_ENABLE
BDC_BODY2: VCM_COUNTRY (mine was ECE)
KOMBI: LAENDERAUSFUEHRUNG (mine was Sonstige)
RS: C_SWW_Enable_LaneWidthAdjustmentByKAFAS

yet nothing (still says function is limited only in my country).

To conclude Limit Assistant has been activated, but cruise control speed "assistant mode" to update CC speed doesn't.

Also I've never seen upcoming speed sign icon (white color next to current speed limit in the KOMBI) and anything related with VZA (gas icon, arrows etc.)

So I'm about to abandon this project. But I know it must work. I think car sees that it's currently located in Turkey and deactivates Cruise Control Assist. Because I'm sure that I've activated all the parameters required for this function. So I have to find a code to lift restrictions for countries like the COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE for the SLI activation.

I'd appreciate any suggestions
Attached Images

Last edited by ejlover06; 03-10-2020 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 04:03 AM   #2
ejlover06
Private
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
To fully change region of the car you need FSC repair pack, MAYBE you can try to change region of the car and load all new FSC repair pack to your car with new region. Than just VO code the car.
I didn't want to spam the other thread so I've opened a new one

Actually this functions are allowed in ECE cars and "Limit Assist" worked easily without any change in the lad restriction parameters Cruise Control Speed Assistant is completely same thing and I don't understand why it doesn't work It only asks to update the limit or not (as same as the max speed limiter) Even we change the region car will see the car in Turkey from the navigation, that will automatically block the feature again just like the SLI.

There may be a code like COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE somewhere I'm missing or there is more to do with C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF (Why there are only 4 and why FF not 00?) and we've understood it wrong
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #3
GaSelle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G30 520d & F20 118d

So you have Adaptive Cruise Control that is using the KAFAS camera? I would like some more information about that, as my car has the KAFAS cameras but it only uses it for Emergency Braking. I donīt have High Beam Assist, SLI, ACC, Lane Assist or anything else and i would LOVE to have some of these things retrofitted, but I donīt know how or who to contact. The guys here in DK doing coding on BMWīs donīt know anything about ACC using the KAFAS, even though I have pointed out, that itīs an option on the price list.
      03-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
ejlover06
Private
Turkey
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
So you have Adaptive Cruise Control that is using the KAFAS camera? I would like some more information about that, as my car has the KAFAS cameras but it only uses it for Emergency Braking. I donīt have High Beam Assist, SLI, ACC, Lane Assist or anything else and i would LOVE to have some of these things retrofitted, but I donīt know how or who to contact. The guys here in DK doing coding on BMWīs donīt know anything about ACC using the KAFAS, even though I have pointed out, that itīs an option on the price list.
No I don't have Active/adaptive Cruise control, that's the problem If I had one these functions would already be activated from the factory if not It would take a day to activate them all.

I ONLY have KAFAS cameras and DCC. Same setup with you I think. But adaptive LEDs has HBA from the factory also VLI (not sure if this is the correct abbreviation). I had SLI retrofitted. Now I'm trying to activate all features that can be used with these setup without front radar sensors
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
GaSelle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
No I don't have Active/adaptive Cruise control, that's the problem If I had one these functions would already be activated from the factory if not It would take a day to activate them all.

I ONLY have KAFAS cameras and DCC. Same setup with you I think. But adaptive LEDs has HBA from the factory also VLI (not sure if this is the correct abbreviation). I had SLI retrofitted. Now I'm trying to activate all features that can be used with these setup without front radar sensors
Ah, now I got you. I will follow your threads closely then. Hopefully there is a solution.
      03-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #6
matej74
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hello!

Do You guys know if Speed limit info on Instrument Cluster could be activated
via BimmerCode application and Bluetooth connection?
I did a lot of things with standard mode but a lot more options are in Expert mode. I manage to get (---) sign with enable speed limit info in Expert mode.
Regards, matej
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
mrgicm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M

You need FSC code to activate SLI for Kafas4. If you need fsc for SLI, Wrong Way Assist or Front end collision pm me.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 05:29 AM   #8
GaSelle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
You need FSC code to activate SLI for Kafas4. If you need fsc for SLI, Wrong Way Assist or Front end collision pm me.
Is there a FSC code for Adaptive Cruise using KAFAS?
      03-20-2020, 03:02 PM   #9
mrgicm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Adpative cruise is seperate it needs a radar unit to work. FSC is not needed for that.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:42 AM   #10
GaSelle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Adpative cruise is seperate it needs a radar unit to work. FSC is not needed for that.
In the Danish price list there is an option for Active Cruise Control with stop and go. The description reads:
"Camerabased driver assist system, that works between 0 and 140 km/h". The option code is possibly 5DF.

The radarbased cruise is part of a Drivers Assist pack.

It was the camerabased version is was after. Is there a FSC for that?