BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion US Handling of Coronavirus

Yesterday, 11:34 PM   #4797
och
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
If your worldview features a category of "Untermenschen" (sub-humans), then you cross the red line for me and this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. But I won't say goodbye.

As it seems that you could use some help, here's a little story from the past.

As a lawyer, Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) took seven cases for freedom-seeking slaves and waived his fee for one client, who claimed that he should be freed before the statutory age of 31 required for emancipation in cases with inter-racial grandparents. Jefferson invoked the Natural Law to argue, "everyone comes into the world with a right to his own person and using it at his own will ... This is what is called personal liberty, and is given him by the author of nature, because it is necessary for his own sustenance." The judge cut him off and ruled against his client. As a consolation, Jefferson gave his client some money, conceivably used to aid his escape shortly thereafter. Although Jefferson had lost the case for his client, he never forgot about it. In June 1776 he was asked to draft a very specific document. He worked several days on it and incorporated the sentiment that he had expressed in the lost case. This time around, no judge was gonna stop him. In the Preamble he wrote: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The final approved version of his text was pronounced on July 4, 1776 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: The United States Declaration of Independence.

More than 170 years later, after the atrocities of WWII, also Jefferson's text served as basis for parts of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948): "Article 1. All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

And the same spirit was also embedded in the European Convention of Human Rights (The Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms) (1950).

So next time you're celebrating the Fourth of July, also thank Jefferson for having been morally superior, or - more precisely - righteous.
Am I stepping on anybody's rights? I'm just being honest that I couldn't care less if a bunch of junkies OD or die from corona or some other diseases - their own bad lifestyle decisions led them to it. If you have an issue with my lack of morality that's your right.

But that doesn't mean that a bunch of pretentious "limousine liberals" are somehow morally superior. Unless they are actively volunteering and donating they are just full of hot air.
Appreciate 1
Nuckle588.50

Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #4798
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
But Orange man Bad!
Hoax. Reverse image search confirmed this photo to be from a date earlier than claimed.
Do want the link too?
But but it's Trump's fault!
Here you go - published on Friday April 3, 2020:
https://twitter.com/progressiveact/s...863416320?s=20

Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #4799
och
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Here you go - published on Friday April 3, 2020:
https://twitter.com/progressiveact/s...863416320?s=20
From your own link, take a look at this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUr05dUW...jpg&name=large

The homeless have completely overran NYC subways, they defecate right inside the cars. My mother is an essential worker, she is still riding train to the city to work, she is saying that nowadays passengers have to stuff into a single car because other cars are occupied by homeless that are covered with flees and spread god knows what type of diseases.

Of course a lot of them will die if they catch the virus since their immune systems have been weakened by all the drugs they've been doing, but why should the rest of the society suffer because of them?

Last edited by och; Today at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
Nuckle588.50

Today, 12:59 AM   #4800
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Teufel_Hunden and anglo, on Jan 14, 2020, the WHO posted the following tweet featuring a video clip:

You both posted a picture of "Jan 14, 2020" with the look and feel of a WHO tweet (though in 'Arial' font) stating the opposite (see here and here).

AFAIK your picture - which seems to have used the COVID-19 layout of another tweet - features nowhere on the official Twitter account of the WHO.

Care to post a link to prove that your picture ain't false and that the WHO contradicted itself on the same day ? Or was it only supposed to be a joke/meme (though raising the impression that it's legit) ?

Is it as legit as this post ? (original here)

Name:  Anglo_Photoshop.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  59.1 KB
      Today, 01:08 AM   #4801
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by och View Post
I haven't fact checked the 193,000k number, but if this is true we actually have 60k less deaths than last year.

2019 March - 253,000 total deaths.
2018 March - 249,000 total deaths.

Also I've posted before Italy has the lowest overall death rate in 120 years, Spain in roughly 15 years.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...or-four-years/
Sorry for being late to the party, but what conclusion are you drawing as it relates to C-19? Are you saying that C-19 caused LESS deaths in March than usual? If so, are you then asserting that lockdown efforts were completely unnecessary? Just trying to understand.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:08 AM   #4802
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Teufel_Hunden and anglo, on Jan 14, 2020, the WHO posted the following tweet featuring a video clip...
You demonstrate a level of patience that I will never be able to achieve.
Appreciate 0