BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Those with MPE .. some advice please

05-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

Those with MPE .. some advice please

So I finally had my MPPSK fitted over the weekend. Loving it! ... but when I picked up the car I noticed that the tips have been put on unevenly (i.e. the right side is set more flush than the left) and quite a long way back into the bumper. I thought they were meant to sit proud of the rear. I would adjust them myself but they're welded on by looks of it.

Am I being too picky or what? Would love to see or hear some comparison installations from those that have the kit or the exhaust installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
I noticed that the tips have been put on unevenly
I had the exact same issue when mine was installed. I had the installer adjust them to make it right. The M Performance logo on top of the tip should be slightly outside of the bumper trim when looking straight down on the rear of the car when properly installed.
      05-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #3
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks Dobie. I was getting ready to query it with the dealer, but then I just found the EBA (the install instructions) and, heck ... looks like they did it per the book. When you see the OEM kit pictures for the kit they sure look like they extend past the rear apron but maybe that's just the angle the photo was taken at.

The other interesting part is that it doesn't mention any kind of welding of the tips because they are already mounted like that on the elbows. The whole assembly seems to dictate positioning of the exhaust and tips. Maybe I can straighten the whole thing out myself by repositioning the main exhaust slightly - will have to take another close look from underneath.
Attached Images

Last edited by DBO; 05-07-2019 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 05:14 AM   #4
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

OK.. sorted. For those in future that are facing similar issue, the adjustment is easy as. It all hinges on the rear clamp that fits the entire muffler assembly to the pipe. You undo that, swivel the exhaust forward to suit your taste and re-tighten. Done.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
clee1982797.50
      05-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #5
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Good work. Glad you got it straightened out (pun intended).

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #6
miner42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Seems to me you would want the tips extending past the trim to prevent burning/melting
      05-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
OK.. sorted. For those in future that are facing similar issue, the adjustment is easy as. It all hinges on the rear clamp that fits the entire muffler assembly to the pipe. You undo that, swivel the exhaust forward to suit your taste and re-tighten. Done.
I have the same issue buddy. So when you say rear clamp, do you mean the clamp that is on the pipe coming from the front of the car to the back and there is a clamp on that pipe which then joins the exhaust??
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchoa View Post
I have the same issue buddy. So when you say rear clamp, do you mean the clamp that is on the pipe coming from the front of the car to the back and there is a clamp on that pipe which then joins the exhaust??
Yea that's it .. there's only three clamps involved in the whole setup. Two for adjustment of the tips (left/right) and one big clamp that joins the main exhaust pipe to the muffler. It allows the forward back movement. The tips come factory pre-welded to the elbows, so there's no adjustment there.

Here's the link to the EBA: https://bmweba.com/eba-01-29-2-451-491/amp/
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #9
MN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540i XDrive M Sport

This picture says it should be level, like mine is. To prevent burning. With mine I noticed the engraving is more visible after a drive as the tips stick out a bit more. When cool (say in the morning) the tips are flush.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0